Gene Steratore is from Pittsburgh, PA...consulting with NFL officials in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

links18

Reaction score
I normally scoff at the conspiracy/bias mongerers

BUT

It was funny how he announced the reversal. "It has been determined....", he said. Determined by whom, I wonder? He didn't say he made the determination....

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Ok. Then let NY come on and give the call.

Technology exists to let that happen.

Zordon

Reaction score

BUT

It was funny how he announced the reversal. "It has been determined....", he said. Determined by whom, I wonder? He didn't say he made the determination....

dude when i first joined this site, i used to laugh hysterically at all the tinfoil folks on here who thought there was a dallas media/nfl bias.

i have been converted after this year. i've lost count how many times the refs have screwed us this year.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I still think incompetence is more likely then conspiracy. I actually think this shouldn't be the Calvin Johnson rule, it should be the Gene Steratore rule. He's been the one to use it in the big instances.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Come one folks. We got away with a million things last week and won and them following a stupid rule this didn't cost us a game. What cost us was 3rd and 1, and DeMarco's fumble, and Hannah not getting an easy fumble recovery after we just scored. All put us up by 11 to 14 points.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
dude when i first joined this site, i used to laugh hysterically at all the tinfoil folks on here who thought there was a dallas media/nfl bias.

i have been converted after this year. i've lost count how many times the refs have screwed us this year.

Like that call vs the Lions. Remember that one? Damn that Hitchens! Never turned around.

Oh wait. That was totally in our favor lol nvm

bark

Reaction score
Obviously he didn't get an invite to ride on the cowboy party bus with the other official's. ... Damn you jerry. Invite them all next yr

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blame the rule, not the ref. I was screaming about that foolish rule four years ago when Calvin Johnson got robbed. Fix the rule or abolish it altogether and it does not factor into the outcome of our game or any game played by any team in the future.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Really? This was the first year I thought we finally got some nice cooking from the refs lol. Especially our offensive line. They get away with holding probably as much or more than any other team in this league. But in previous years it use to be called holding against us. We really truly were allowed to play more so this season than any other.

BUT

Its been determined by the people up top. The refs on the field thought it was a catch initially. But they have other guys in the booth who they look to as well.

yimyammer

Reaction score
is this the guy that was on Jerrys bus a while back?

If so, maybe he felt pressure to overcompensate but I don't think there was any conspiracy, the NFL has enough drama on its own and they would love to have the Cowboys still playing

yimyammer

Reaction score

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
121221-bugarach-jsw-520a.photoblog600.grid-5x2.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score

And so many other fans say the same thing. Do refs get it wrong? Yes they do. I also know that when they go to the booth they are instructed by a review team in New York who is looking at the replay before the ref even gets under the hood. Refs do not care who wins games, there is no benefit to them one way or the other. Matter of fact the fewer missed calls and bad calls gives them the opportunity to work the post season and SB

Status
Not open for further replies.