Twitter: Geno Atkins

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The fact the Cowboys are really up against the cap (well, at least that's what I heard) means any interest in Geno Atkins or any other veteran means somebody else needs to restructure or get cut.
Big BO says Geno can stay away, I got this, I am ready to kill centers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Still gotta sign their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks.
Have to keep that in mind.

That appears to be figured into the number, since those are set amounts, leaving us with $8.6 million according to spotrac.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That appears to be figured into the number, since those are set amounts, leaving us with $8.6 million according to spotrac.
Really? That's pretty sweet, if true.
Thanks man. I have learned something today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You are truly a Boliever and I'm digging it!
If you dont believe in something, you fall for anything... or something like that...
Ima bout ready to light up a nice Arturo Fuente, is it bout that time Corso?

Corso

Reaction score
If you dont believe in something, you fall for anything... or something like that...
Ima bout ready to light up a nice Arturo Fuente, is it bout that time Corso?
Si senior.
Donde esta el banjo?

Lol, I just whipped out a Nub Cafe and already have a Dalwhinnie 15, neat, in front of me.

Time to get the weekend started.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Si senior.
Donde esta el banjo?

Lol, I just whipped out a Nub Cafe and already have a Dalwhinnie 15, neat, in front of me.

Time to get the weekend started.
Y necesito meterlo en el agua rápidamente.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Really? That's pretty sweet, if true.
Thanks man. I have learned something today.

Hmmm ... I might be wrong about that. But with the Rule of 51, those three will only cost Dallas around $3 million against the cap. Over the Cap has our cap at $8.9 million, but lists our four unsigned draft picks at the bottom at a $660,000 hit each. I believe those are place-holder amounts until they sign. Whatever they sign for cancels out the 51st cap amount, though, if it's above the $851,000 Luke Gifford is set to make.

To put it another way, Wright will cost us about $20,000 more against the cap than the current 51st player. Osa about $40,000, Joseph about $500,000 and Parsons about $2.1 million.

Corso

Reaction score
Hmmm ... I might be wrong about that. But with the Rule of 51, those three will only cost Dallas around $3 million against the cap. Over the Cap has our cap at $8.9 million, but lists our four unsigned draft picks at the bottom at a $660,000 hit each. I believe those are place-holder amounts until they sign. Whatever they sign for cancels out the 51st cap amount, though, if it's above the $851,000 Luke Gifford is set to make.
I appreciate the clarification. I guess we shall see to be certain, but it looks pretty good going forward.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does Geno have anything left in the tank?

Would love to sign him and Sheldon Richardson to low base highly incentivized contracts.

I don't think either of them intend to sign such a contract. They only need one team willing to pay them.

Havic

Reaction score
Geno is washed imo. Great player but old and full of injuries.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Saludos saludos amigos!
Vamos a nadar!
eo31AB4.jpg

InTheZone

Reaction score
I don’t trust that guy’s opinion.
Smith's problem isn't his leg...well it is to an extent, it's his lack of instincts, awareness, and technique. He can be a fine player if he did everything else right, but he's no Sean Lee in that regard.

revospeed

Reaction score
Geno put up HOF numbers. It’s a shame he was in Cincinnati his entire career. I’d like that pick up more than McCoy.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ll second that!

My memories of McCoy and Poe last year are still fresh.

Go young.

Sure, in theory, go young. But there aren't any "young" options out there right now. DT is still a huge question mark. So if the deal was decent and only say a one year type deal, it would make sense to bring Atkins in. It's not like the Cowboys are dripping with young stud DTs right now anyway.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll pass. Chances are he is looking for that last contract to boost his checking account and has already mentally retired.

He's likely not getting a big deal coming off a rotator cuff injury and his 2019 season being just OK. He's likely going to get a one year type deal like you see a lot with veterans like Atkins.

Reactions: BAT