Georgia 18.5 fav over Arkansas

RaZon

Reaction score
That game will be on tv at 9am west coast time, oh yeah hash browns, sausage, couple eggs, toast, Clamato, life is good.

If I were still playing ATS give me that 18.5 and the Razorbacks. How many RB's do they use, what 12?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, I did not expect the spread to be that large but having watched UGA play several times, that could happen. Getting scores on that defense is going to be a chore.

This is one of those games I expect to lose but hope to look not too bad doing that.

But when I think of spreads and AR, I go back to the Orange Bowl when OU had a 13 point spread until Lou Holtz suspended 3 starters, 1 of them the AA RB. Then it went to 20 points. AR won by 25 and the backup RB, Sales, ran for 206 yards

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wow, I did not expect the spread to be that large but having watched UGA play several times, that could happen. Getting scores on that defense is going to be a chore.

This is one of those games I expect to lose but hope to look not too bad doing that.

But when I think of spreads and AR, I go back to the Orange Bowl when OU had a 13 point spread until Lou Holtz suspended 3 starters, 1 of them the AA RB. Then it went to 20 points. AR won by 25 and the backup RB, Sales, ran for 206 yards
18.5 is tempting.
Love the looks of that UGA squad but those Razorbacks are playing great ball
The game being between the hedges makes it a task though

RaZon

Reaction score

I was shocked actually. while I hadn't given a spread much thought (having retired from ATS wagering, too much stress) if asked I would have....Georgia minus 12.

Lou Holtz, great coach terrible TV guy, he'd get legit mad when disagreed with, ha!!!

Haven't seen Georgia so far this season, but have seen Arkansas, guessing Georgia is monstrous to be favored by that much.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was shocked actually. while I hadn't given a spread much thought (having retired from ATS wagering, too much stress) if asked I would have....Georgia minus 12.

Lou Holtz, great coach terrible TV guy, he'd get legit mad when disagreed with, ha!!!

Haven't seen Georgia so far this season, but have seen Arkansas, guessing Georgia is monstrous to be favored by that much.
They do not seem to have a weakness and that D is pretty special.

RaZon

Reaction score
They do not seem to have a weakness and that D is pretty special.

Apparently, since Arkansas is no push over this season. 18.5....makes me wanna get back into making that call.

Help me out, so?

RaZon

Reaction score
18.5 is tempting.
Love the looks of that UGA squad but those Razorbacks are playing great ball
The game being between the hedges makes it a task though

You also stunned over that line?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I love the Hogs. I lived there most of the 70's and graduated HS there. I still have family living there and to make a long story short I was inches away from going to school there.

That game is still my most favorite ones of all time.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When is the last time a #2 team had that big a spread over another top 10 team? I am a big fan of the Razorbacks, but even I think they are ranked too high, and with the point spread the way it is, it seems like a lot of people think the same way.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You also stunned over that line?
I'm not betting on the game, but I'd take the Hogs and 18.5 if I were.
13 or so seemed more what the line should be to me.
18.5 is huge, even if it is in Athens

RaZon

Reaction score
When is the last time a #2 team had that big a spread over another top 10 team? I am a big fan of the Razorbacks, but even I think they are ranked too high, and with the point spread the way it is, it seems like a lot of people think the same way.

Wonder why the Hogs disrespect, sure looked good to me, yep...hmmmm?

RaZon

Reaction score
I'm not betting on the game, but I'd take the Hogs and 18.5 if I were.
13 or so seemed more what the line should be to me.
18.5 is huge, even if it is in Athens

I;m with you yep...12/13.....18.5 seems a bit much.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The spread seems too high, but I do think the drop-off is pretty huge after the top 2 teams this year.
Usually, there are 4-5 teams that you think "on any given day"....
Clemson and Ohio St are usually up there but both took a step back this year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, I've been a fan since I was old enough to remember since I was born and raised in Little Rock but I am not buying AR is the 8th best team in the country right now.

They play hard and are fun to watch but that really isn't a very talented team. Pittman inherited a mess and is in the process of trying to get it right.

He has his team believing in themselves and after being a SEC doormat for so long, I really hope this doesn't come unraveled in Athens.

One of the things I love about the college game is that a team can run on adrenaline and play out of their minds but the question comes back to talent because talent usually wins out. Kirby Smart has a head start on Pittman in his build out and he has some really talented players.

AR might stand a better chance had they not been ranked that high. Might do a little sneaking up on the Dawgs and catch them napping but not now. Beating #8 cuts away more of that lead Bama has in the top spot. They might just jump them with a big win.

However, the one thing that I can say, that I could not say prior to Pittman, these kids won't quit on him. They will give him and that coaching staff everything they have, I just don't think that's enough.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The spread seems too high, but I do think the drop-off is pretty huge after the top 2 teams this year.
Usually, there are 4-5 teams that you think "on any given day"....
Clemson and Ohio St are usually up there but both took a step back this year.
Agree, looks like a 2 horse race and we might get a rematch of the SEC Champs game in the CFP.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I agree, I've been a fan since I was old enough to remember since I was born and raised in Little Rock but I am not buying AR is the 8th best team in the country right now.

They play hard and are fun to watch but that really isn't a very talented team. Pittman inherited a mess and is in the process of trying to get it right.

He has his team believing in themselves and after being a SEC doormat for so long, I really hope this doesn't come unraveled in Athens.

One of the things I love about the college game is that a team can run on adrenaline and play out of their minds but the question comes back to talent because talent usually wins out. Kirby Smart has a head start on Pittman in his build out and he has some really talented players.

AR might stand a better chance had they not been ranked that high. Might do a little sneaking up on the Dawgs and catch them napping but not now. Beating #8 cuts away more of that lead Bama has in the top spot. They might just jump them with a big win.

However, the one thing that I can say, that I could not say prior to Pittman, these kids won't quit on him. They will give him and that coaching staff everything they have, I just don't think that's enough.

I'm rooting for your Hogs! Great story! I hope they sweep the Top 25 Competition they're lined up against this month.

RaZon

Reaction score
Down to Bama minus 16 so the public is on Arkansas.

Hell, the game starts in like 5 minutes as I toss in some cheese, onions, bell pepper, ham in this bowl with a few eggs, yep, an omelette in the making with my football.

Life is good!

bewp7

Reaction score
georgia defense is really really really good lol

i will be shock if arkansas can even score 1 td today

DFWJC

Reaction score
Georgia's NFL offensive line toying with the Razorbacks early

Up 7-0 and inside the 5 again already.

Gonna be hard to score on them so Arkansas D better hold up