Gerald McCoy to be released soon

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We have some good depth at DT with Hill, Collins, Woods, Crawford, and Covington.

But McCoy, even at his current age, is better than every one of them and would immensely help this defense.

If you can get him cheap after he’s released, we should scoop him up in a heartbeat.

This, sign this guy and fast, then let one of those backups go.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Pressure up the middle is the hardest to handle
If we get McCoy and Hill is as advertised (I know I know) then we can have a really nice DT rotation with Woods

Of course it ain't happening because

Wait for it

"We like our guys"

LLLOOOLLL, SICK!

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I think Dallas is likely out. solid FAs don't seem to come to Dallas on the cheap

NE is the obvious spot: less money but good shot at winning the division & making a SB run

CLE is putting together a hell of a team (on paper); might be worth less money to go there.

Same could go for: KC, PHI, HOU, NO, LAR, LAC, maaaaybe SEA or SF

if I'm McCoy, I'm 31...I go looking for a shot at a ring. Sadly, that may not mean Dallas
Wish I could disagree but you're probably right.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
We don't need pro-bowl talent, we have Trysten Hill. Trysten Hill is everything Rod Marinelli wants in a DT and we needed to draft him 58th overall to replace Maliek Collins in a year, who was drafted 67th overall because he's everything Rod Marinelli wants in a DT.

This made me chuckle.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Mumble-mumble-progress-stopper-mumble-mumble-too-expensive-mumble-mumble
What I always wonder is, if the rookie beats out the vet, that's good right? If not, you have the vet playing at a high level or at least better than the rook. McCoy has been a stud in this league playing on a loser organization so let's see what he has. Go for it Cowboys.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Nice guy ... he will still demand big $$$ .. not sure if he is a fit .. still good for 4-6 sacks and 20-30 tackles ... missed games the past 5 seasons .. 31 years old .. again at big bucks .. pass
Fair enough but on a one year deal, why not? He was dominant in a no-win situation. The kind of guy who could kill it in big D.