Gerald McCoy to be released soon

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't sleep on Daniel Ross.
I been saying this too. He virtually gets no love on here. We get spoiled on here as fans...we want the instant gratification...we want to take the short cuts and sign everyone that's called a pro bowler. That's somewhat overrated btw...being "a pro bowler." It doesn't carry the same weight it used to. LOVE MCCOY...so let me be clear, but at the expense of maybe cutting a young up and comer like Ross? ...no thanks. Unless we get decimated with injury in camp...I really DO like our guys because of the piece we added with Hill...and my pet cat UDFA Daniel Wise. Watch out for that kid.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
only if the price is right and we have a vacancy to fill due to injury. Otherwise, where does he fit? How much will he cost us? That's my real concerns. Who you gonna cut to make room for him?

If he signs a 1 yr, it’ll be big, otherwise I’d expect 3-5 yr, 12-15ish per.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in NE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If he signs a 1 yr, it’ll be big, otherwise I’d expect 3-5 yr, 12-15ish per.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in NE.
agree. Heck..NE can sign the paper boy at DT and it would net them a SB ring. LOL...They just plug and play guys off the street corner each year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I been saying this too. He virtually gets no love on here. We get spoiled on here as fans...we want the instant gratification...we want to take the short cuts and sign everyone that's called a pro bowler. That's somewhat overrated btw...being "a pro bowler." It doesn't carry the same weight it used to. LOVE MCCOY...so let me be clear, but at the expense of maybe cutting a young up and comer like Ross? ...no thanks. Unless we get decimated with injury in camp...I really DO like our guys because of the piece we added with Hill...and my pet cat UDFA Daniel Wise. Watch out for that kid.
Do you understand Wise could very well knock Ross off the roster?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Do you understand Wise could very well knock Ross off the roster?
yes...and know what? ...im cool with that. Reason being, age and cost. Healthy competition and youth is great. If Wise is clearly better..heck yes..lets do that. Otherwise..maybe we can keep both of them and let someone else go.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Right now...if Im Collins..I am worried about making the team. If Wise and Ross pan out like we think...that guy will be traded or cut in a cap saving move.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some of you seem to like to torture yourselves. Dallas isn't going to sign him. They won't sign Suh, either.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now...if Im Collins..I am worried about making the team. If Wise and Ross pan out like we think...that guy will be traded or cut in a cap saving move.

I think as long as his health holds up Collins is solid. Ross is going into his 6th season as a pro, and so far has been cut by 2 Canadian teams and 2 NFL teams, and was on a practice squad with another NFL team when the Cowboys signed him. I don’t see him as a threat to Collins.

Xavier187

Reaction score
People are sleeping on Walker the UDFA.
Theres alot of chatter that he is really in shape ready to go and faster then Wise.
And the way it looks is the guys who could be on the outs are Crawford, Ross, M. Collins and Taco.
Im not saying a bunch of UDFAs will make this roster. But im saying theres a chance 6 UDFAS can make this roster.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No we're not. Hill, Collins, Crawford,Woods aren't game changers like McCoy. He would give us the juice to get over the hump in the front four .
McCoy did put Tampas D over the top so great point.......no wait

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
People are sleeping on Walker the UDFA.
Theres alot of chatter that he is really in shape ready to go and faster then Wise.
And the way it looks is the guys who could be on the outs are Crawford, Ross, M. Collins and Taco.
Im not saying a bunch of UDFAs will make this roster. But im saying theres a chance 6 UDFAS can make this roster.

Collins isn't on the outs.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Collins isn't on the outs.

His injurys have him on the outs. Get real stop living in lala land.
No ones wants yo pay someone who always gets hurt.
If you where to sign McCoy or Suh and he came in and Hill and woods plus wise and lets say Walker are there doing there thing then who is on the blocks.
Ross yes
Collins cant stay healthy yes
Crawford the newly trouble maker So yes

Then what

speedkilz88

Reaction score
As of right now Collins is fighting Hill for a starting spot. Really the only two guys fighting for that 3T spot. So unlikely Collins is going anywhere this year.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We don't need pro-bowl talent, we have Trysten Hill. Trysten Hill is everything Rod Marinelli wants in a DT and we needed to draft him 58th overall to replace Maliek Collins in a year, who was drafted 67th overall because he's everything Rod Marinelli wants in a DT.

This legitimately made me LOL at my desk. :laugh:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
As always, if we sign him, it's a brilliant move and "proof" that this Front Office is committed to winning.

And if we don't sign him, it's also a brilliant move because he is some sort of progress stopper for Trysten Hill and if he was so good why was he available nonsense.

For me, it should always come down to three things:

1. Is he available? It looks like he could be very soon.

2. Is he affordable? That will depend.

3 (and most important) Does he makes us better? I would say yes. He is better and more impactful than Tyrone Crawford, who despite his "likability" is not playing up to his contract. He is better than Trysten Hill (for now) and would make an excellent mentor and 1-2 punch.

If this team where to add McCoy, the national media would definitely feel we took a step closer to competing for a Super Bowl. It doesn't make them right, but it would absolutely be perceived that way.