Get rid of 54

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree the contract is on Jerry. My issue with Jaylon is it is CLEAR that he has tanked since. 2018? He was a beast. So he can play. In college he was a beast. He is not limited physically at all. His issue is 100 pct mental. He plays like he does little prep and he plays like a guy that really focuses on avoiding direct contact. I agree his peak is past. Mentally he has no aptitude for the game.
My thing is that is inconsistent with his character. Going back to Notre Dame he was a smart player. He wasn't lazy and showed no signs of getting paid then going bad. I think at this point this is what he is. I can't attack the man personally for something against his control.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
At least bench him

I'm not sure what you do with him going forward. Realistically...your not cutting him. I seriously doubt your benching him because he makes too much money.....Don't like him in the middle.

If Nolan is insistant in playing a 3-4....maybe move him to the outside...and let him rush. IDK if there is a solution. You just got too many players built for the 4-3.....trying to implement a 3-4 scheme.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My thing is that is inconsistent with his character. Going back to Notre Dame he was a smart player. He wasn't lazy and showed no signs of getting paid then going bad. I think at this point this is what he is. I can't attack the man personally for something against his control.

Fellow watch the guy play. All his mental bandwidth is spent on avoiding direct contact. It has to be exhausting. You don’t think he comes across as a phony?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fellow watch the guy play. All his mental bandwidth is spent on avoiding direct contact. It has to be exhausting. You don’t think he comes across as a phony?
Why do you think he's avoiding contact? Did you see the injury he suffered in college? Like I said, phony is not what I'd use to describe him. Stephen and Jerry are phony's to me. Smith never sold himself to be something he wasn't.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The entire defense is constantly lost. I feel like if they just lined up and each took a man playground style we would see a better result.

Never thought I would say I'm starting to miss bend, don't break. Sure they broke in critical game moments, but at least they got off the field during the game without always allowing a TD.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why do you think he's avoiding contact? Did you see the injury he suffered in college? Like I said, phony is not what I'd use to describe him. Stephen and Jerry are phony's to me. Smith never sold himself to be something he wasn't.

If you are suggesting his issues are physical you need to wake up. He avoids contact because he is soft and now has $60 million dollars. The guy is 25 and clearly is thinking about life after football.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
He picks the wrong Gap on purpose. He does not want to take on contact straight up. It’s remarkable. I blame the coaches for allowing it. At a minimum the guy should not dress until he shows he is serious about being an NFL linebacker.
That's absolutely the case with #54 and it was glaringly obvious during the 2018 season as well. He's a clown faking like a LB.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If you are suggesting his issues are physical you need to wake up. He avoids contact because he is soft and now has $60 million dollars. The guy is 25 and clearly is thinking about life after football.

Well let's him live those dreams now. Cut him today. Eat the dead money and move on. Not one team would sign this loser. Other scouts and GMs watch tape. No one would ever come close to signing him. He's another loud mouth loser with little talent who Jerry extended. Same goes for DLaw

streetcredit

Reaction score
He''s paid to tackle...or maybe I'm wrong and he's paid to point, run away from the ball and high five people

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Wow. Jaylon is far from the biggest problem here. Maybe if the DL could stop the offensive lineman from getting to the second level? Or maybe pressure the QB? Remember LVE and Lee are missing too. This defense is riddles with problems. There's a long list of needed improvements more pressing that him.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
jaylon got 60 million , & what is he giving us ??

there has to be clauses in that agreement , come on stephen !!!