Giants 35, Cowboys 14: Guess what I saw today?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Giants 35, Cowboys 14: Guess what I saw today?

Posted by DCFanatic at 11/3/2008 12:46 AM and is filed under Player Info,Cowboys News

I saw a 40 year old QB in Brad Johnson who has no business still being on an NFL roster, never mind starting a football game. Why this fact wasn't obvious to Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips last Spring in the minicamps is still the worlds biggest mystery.

I saw an fat, lazy, gutless, heartless and downright pathetic performance from Flozell Adams. He should be benched immediately! I said it last February that it's better to let a guy go a year too early than a year too late.

I saw a head coach who has lost his team. How is Wade telling Pam Oliver he still has to think about whether it's time to stick Brooks Bollinger in the game before he goes in at halftime? We already saw him almost enter the game, and then be pulled back out before he got on the field so Brad Johnson could go out and throw another pass low and short to T.O. which the Giants were about to rip out of his arms. They should have given Bollinger every snap last week in practice and let him have this entire game. Would we have won? Who knows, but we may have seen a few more glimpses of something similar to that 75 yard scoring drive. Wade Phillips isn't head coaching material. Jerry Jones is the head coach of this football team and we all know it.

I saw a washed up former DE who has lost a step and now can't get to the QB in Greg Ellis. Start Anthony Spencer for the rest of the season and fire Ellis as soon as the season ends. Another case of hanging onto a guy a year too long. He wasn't a Pro Bowl caliber player last year either. Half his sacks came from the QB running away from Demarcus Ware right into Greg Ellis' arms.

I saw a rookie CB in Mike Jenkins who just established a firm spot on top of my **** list. Does Jenkins know this is tackle football? I don't think he does. And save it. I could care less about his INT for a TD, it was a gift from Manning that we now know he doesn't deserve.

I saw a defensive front seven that got pushed off the ball 99% of the snaps. I could care less if Tank Johnson, Marcus Spears and Chris Canty are on this team next season. None of them make enough plays in my opinion. Bradie James and Zach Thomas are average football players. That's not a bad thing, but when the defensive line in front of them gets blown off the ball all day they become below average trying to fight thru the 'garbage' to make a tackle. Ware kills himself every game trying to make plays. One man doesn't make a defense though.

I saw an offensive line that should forfeit their checks to charity. Can someone tell me why Cory Proctor is still playing in the NFL? Can someone explain to me why we traded a fourth round draft pick for a guy who can't beat out Cory Proctor, who is a guy who shouldn't be in the NFL? Can someone tell me why Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis and Marc Colombo now suck? And talk about gutless. When your team is in desperation mode because the backup QB now has to play, no matter what his name is, it's time to rise to the occasion. Instead we have a bunch of overrated fat ***** who have been playing like high schoolers for the last three games. Wait, I forgot. They sucked when Romo was in there for a few games too. Make that the last six games.

I saw a Fullback in Deon Anderson who should be benched immediately. He stinks. He misses blocks, ne never 'blows anyone up' and he's the reason Tony Romo is on the bench. Put him on the bench or cut him, just get him off the field already.

I saw two TE's in Martellus Bennett and Tony Curtis who couldn't run block to save their lives. John Garrett should fire himself. He prides himself in being a hard *** coach, but where's the results? His TE's can't run block for ****. And no Jason Witten isn't his TE. That is Bill Parcells TE and we all know it.

I saw three young CB's who have no idea what coverages they are in half the time. Dave Campo, lol.

I saw a waste of money in CB Anthony Henry. He has had maybe five good game in the time he's been a Dallas Cowboy. The rest of the games he either missed due to injury or he's getting used up all over the field.

I saw an offensive line who hasn't gained any knowledge from Hudson Houck. More on Houck later.

I saw Marion Barber getting the **** beat out of him every time he touched the football. And I never once saw him not taking the next hand off wanting some more. Give me 53 Marion Barbers every day of the week.

I saw an offense that is as stale as four day old bread. The Giants WLB knew when we were running the football every single time we tried it. Do you really want Jason Garrett as the next head coach of this team? More on that in a minute.

I saw a defense that once again reminded me that this team is not going to win a championship. When you get run over for 200 yards you ain't considered a championship caliber defense folks! Wade Phillips and Brian Stewart have a group of players are still looking around wondering *** they were doing after every single play. More on those two morons in just a second.

I saw a team that had been resigned to just showing up and taking their beating and then tucking their tail between their legs and getting back on a plane to Dallas. Pa-F***ing-Thetic!

Before my grand finale on this one let me say this.

Of course I knew this would be a very hard game to win. I knew this was supposed to be a game we lose and I was going to be sitting there hoping for a few miracles to happen if there was any shot at winning.

But to sit and watch a team with no heart, no fight, no backbone, no leadership, no discipline, no desire to save face and no help from the coaching staff go out on the field against a division rival in November game literally made me sick to my stomach. I can see losing, but not even showing up is unacceptable.

Here's the finale.

I don't anyone from this coaching staff back next season. I don't want Jason Garrett back. He can't even handle getting his best player involved in the offense, never mind run an entire team. And please don't tell me that the offense has only stunk since Romo went down because that's a blatant lie. And for everyone who thinks that once he steps back on the field the offense goes back to being the best in the business you are living a lie my friend. Without an offensive line playing well no QB can be effective on the NFL level.

Will this team still make the playoffs? Maybe.

And if they do it's going to come down to the players because this coaching staff stinks.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
romo-we-trust.jpg

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
so DC...tell us how you really feel

Nexx

Reaction score
all these problems and we have been winning until... ROMO goes down. the main problem is that Romo is that freakin good and was able to cover up the problems the team had on the offensive line and poor game planning. now the team has been exposed for what it is.. very mediocre with an all world QB carrying them. in ROMO i trust.

TrinaAnn

Reaction score
I know I am a lowly Bengals fan, but I watch Dallas games, and yes, since I live in texas, I've seen them all..

I think you will get to the playoffs, but its going to take someone to take charge of the team.. Wade looks like my coach Marvin, clueless and defeated.

The D, looks like they Have given up, and just stand on the field to earn their paychecks

T.O. keeps dropping the ball, on crucial plays, I am sorry folks, but I think he sucks... I hope once Romo returns, he will get insnyc with Roy, and leave butter fingers T.O. alone..

What happen to Whitten, I know he has been injured, but I sure miss his big plays!!

My team has no chance of going all the way, would be nice to see you guys win your sixth championship.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Nexx;2394868 said:
all these problems and we have been winning until... ROMO goes down. the main problem is that Romo is that freakin good and was able to cover up the problems the team had on the offensive line and poor game planning. now the team has been exposed for what it is.. very mediocre with an all world QB carrying them. in ROMO i trust.

Atleast, the problems became visible so they could be addressed. Hypothetically speaking, If we continued with Romo, we would have been exposed in December as usual, and would have been done by the playoffs. I really think there is more accountability now, jobs are on the line. If we kept winning, we would have kept making excuses. There are no more excuses now Wade. The pressure is on.

I think we made improvements, be it play or coaching, in the past 3 weeks. If we can eliminate stupid penalities and dumb turnovers, we have a shot every game this year.

jbsg02

Reaction score
It's gonna take 5-2 to get into the playoffs, I just don't see it

tyke1doe

Reaction score
First, I think people are fooling themselves if they think everyone who has made a mistake should be fired or benched. We'd have no team then.
Sorry, but the realities of life and football, including the salary cap, make that impossible. So with that in mind ...

I agree with much of DCfanatic's assessment. Romo is definitely a great quarterback. But if we think that he's going to ride in to save the day, then I think we're getting ready for a big let down.

And let's assume that he does. What does that say about this squad that can only play when its best offensive player is on the field? :confused:

This team's underachievement is a product of its coaching staff.

I wish we could steal Steve Spagnola (sick) from the Giants. But this only a certain type of coach who Jerry Jones will tolerate, and it won't be a hard disciplinary who tells the owner to stay where he belongs.

We may want to brace for being the Oakland Raiders of the NFC because, if Jerry doesn't wise up, that's where we're headed. :(

I'll be gladly proven wrong, though.

Tobal

Reaction score
I'm upset about Garrett, he shows no ability to be creative or help his team. Owens has played alot of games in this league and he's never been as much a non factor as he has since Dece,ber of last yr.

Jerry has some tough decisions to make and it all involves Garrett.... maybe Jerry will tuck his tail between his legs and replace Wade with someone the players respect.

Dcz84

Reaction score
This is what i saw
A football team with alot of ppl hurt but at the 3 minute mark of the 2nd qtr there they were with the football at mid field moving the football only down 14-7 with a chance to get points.Only to watch Brad throw the game away with stupid throw.
I saw a defense that had to play defense with there backs against the wall because of an horrible offense all nite long.21 points on 3 int's with the average starting field positon being the dallas 23 yard line after every pick. The Gaints at 1 point before the half had 21 points and only 120 yards total offense.
I saw a defense that had
4 sacks
3 forced fumble's
1 int for TD
6 defensive penilties that hurt us
Jenkins quitting on a play with the game still in doubt
Our offense was or defense's worst enemy.How many times a game can a defense stand up to that kind of field position time and time again.
They got no help today from the offense none.
What i saw was Manning 14/27 115 yards 3 td's 1 int
Our QB's 14/27 102 3 int's 1 td
I saw a defense that did'nt get run all over when the game was still in question. The Gaints had over 80 yards in garbage yards at the end of the game.
I saw a defense that got after Manning forced turnovers,forced fumble's got int's, gave the offense a chance but just look at the stats of the QB at they will tell the true story of why we lost.Even with a mediocre QB the defense played well enough to win this game, but since we dont have 1 that is the reason we lost.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Nexx;2394868 said:

You're right. Romo is that damn good. All that high risk gun slinging he needs to do and he still wins most of those all ins. He won't be able to save this team though. There is no structure, leadership, winning attitude or proper technical experience to win a championship from the coaching ranks of this team.

DCFANATIC is right on all accounts of his post and there is even more I'm sure he can divulge, it just goes to show the list of garbage we have to get cleaned up on this team.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I understand that the defense should be held accountable for giving up 200 yards on the ground. But I personally feel they showed up and made plays.

I mean sure, they had the moments when they couldn't get off the field. But they got the offense the ball back so many times. They created turn overs.

When the Giants had 20 minutes TOP in the 1st half, and EVERY time they got the ball back, the O would turn it over or punt, what do you think would happen? The D was worn out by the end of the game.

They really have shown up the last 2 weeks. NY is going to score some points.

It's not hard to point to the offense for this loss.

I have to believe with Romo in there we would have had a pretty good chance to win.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
this topic is really amazing and complete garbage. lol notice how this trash doesnt even take into account the injuries.

blame the defense that the qb cant sustain a drive. dont ever expect the defense to get tired after countless 3 and out the last 4 weeks.

im guessing players like romo out, felix jones out, witten broken ribs, newman injuries, henry out, a classc 3/4 DE playing NT and the dallas cowboys playing a very good HEALTHY ny giants team played no part in dallas recent struggles.

dallas is 5-4. last time i checked the nfc isnt very good AND I DOUBT DALLAS ISNT GONNA GO BACK TO ROUTINE . when dallas comes back from the bye and gets healthy lets see how long before u claim u knew this was all due to injuries.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
LatinMind;2394973 said:
this topic is really amazing and complete garbage. lol notice how this trash doesnt even take into account the injuries.

blame the defense that the qb cant sustain a drive. dont ever expect the defense to get tired after countless 3 and out the last 4 weeks.

im guessing players like romo out, felix jones out, witten broken ribs, newman injuries, henry out, a classc 3/4 DE playing NT and the dallas cowboys playing a very good HEALTHY ny giants team played no part in dallas recent struggles.

dallas is 5-4. last time i checked the nfc isnt very good AND I DOUBT DALLAS ISNT GONNA GO BACK TO ROUTINE . when dallas comes back from the bye and gets healthy lets see how long before u claim u knew this was all due to injuries.

Thank you. Exactly.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those of you who think our season is going to magically turn around have not been watching and paying attention to the overall performance of this team, in all aspects of the game.

There are players on this team, that for whatever reason, Cowboy fans believe they are better than they really are. Adams, Spears, Gurode to name a few.

The problems run deeper than the offense. They run deeper than the defense. They run deeper than special teams.

Coaching is terrible as well.

Are we a better football team with Romo in there? Absolutely, but for those of you waiting for Romo to ride into town and singlhandedly save the day......you are in for a severe reality check.

The problems run a lot deeper than simply Romo being out.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Dcz84;2394961 said:
This is what i saw
A football team with alot of ppl hurt but at the 3 minute mark of the 2nd qtr there they were with the football at mid field moving the football only down 14-7 with a chance to get points.Only to watch Brad throw the game away with stupid throw.
I saw a defense that had to play defense with there backs against the wall because of an horrible offense all nite long.21 points on 3 int's with the average starting field positon being the dallas 23 yard line after every pick. The Gaints at 1 point before the half had 21 points and only 120 yards total offense.
I saw a defense that had
4 sacks
3 forced fumble's
1 int for TD
6 defensive penilties that hurt us
Jenkins quitting on a play with the game still in doubt
Our offense was or defense's worst enemy.How many times a game can a defense stand up to that kind of field position time and time again.
They got no help today from the offense none.
What i saw was Manning 14/27 115 yards 3 td's 1 int
Our QB's 14/27 102 3 int's 1 td
I saw a defense that did'nt get run all over when the game was still in question. The Gaints had over 80 yards in garbage yards at the end of the game.
I saw a defense that got after Manning forced turnovers,forced fumble's got int's, gave the offense a chance but just look at the stats of the QB at they will tell the true story of why we lost.Even with a mediocre QB the defense played well enough to win this game, but since we dont have 1 that is the reason we lost.

That's what I saw too DC. A D that was put in a horrible position all game long. There was character there, even if it was ultimately meaningless.

This Sunday, we can't lose! Now Wade will want to add it to his record, but by Nov 16, other teams we're chasing may have another L...

5-2 is not impossible. These Giants are not some unbeatable team. Even with Brad the Boys were down 7 and moving the ball at one point.

Reaction score
TrinaAnn;2394871 said:
I know I am a lowly Bengals fan, but I watch Dallas games, and yes, since I live in texas, I've seen them all..

I think you will get to the playoffs, but its going to take someone to take charge of the team.. Wade looks like my coach Marvin, clueless and defeated.

The D, looks like they Have given up, and just stand on the field to earn their paychecks

T.O. keeps dropping the ball, on crucial plays, I am sorry folks, but I think he sucks... I hope once Romo returns, he will get insnyc with Roy, and leave butter fingers T.O. alone..

What happen to Whitten, I know he has been injured, but I sure miss his big plays!!

My team has no chance of going all the way, would be nice to see you guys win your sixth championship.

Quit watching NFL Countdown....