Giants at Cowboys score predictions?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Giants will try to use our aggressiveness against us...ie with Reverses...some trickery and misdirection to open the game up. That's the down side to Marinelli's scheme.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It could either be 24/21. Or an absolute blowout 30 / 7. History tells me it will be the first
yup...a nail biter. Then I think we open up a cushion late to pad the score...but it will be close all game until that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Barkley will get his yards and maybe 2 TD'S...that cannot really be helped. He is a large chunk of their offense. We need to not allow him to go absolutely nuts and get 3 td's and run us out of our own stadium. We hold him under 3 scores, we can control Sheli Manning and win.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Then why are you so adamant about the Cowboys run defense being a problem - after all, anything can happen, including the Cowboys holding Barkley to 40 yards. That’s why they play they game.

It's one thing to say every year will repeat itself like you'll always beat the giants again because you beat them last year, but it's another to analyze your team and say you had a fault that you put very little effort into fixing.

Western

Reaction score
Dallas -- 23
Gnats -- 21

Last second FG by Maher doinks off the left upright, and but clears the crossbar.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's one thing to say every year will repeat itself like you'll always beat the giants again because you beat them last year, but it's another to analyze your team and say you had a fault that you put very little effort into fixing.

Aside from the fact you are only considering a few individual game breakdowns while ignoring that the Cowboys actually gave up the 5th fewest rushing yards and the 6th fewest rushing TDs in the NFL last season ….

The Cowboys drafted a DT and signed another as a free agent, Maliek Collins is now healthy, and a lot of young players got valuable experience last year, including Antwaun Woods and LVE who saw their first NFL action last season and Jaylon Smith who was playing his first healthy season last year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I want to say something like 24-13, 27-14 but I suspect it will be much tighter than many expect.

The Jason Garrett factor, a first time OC trying to get his feet wet in his first ever real game calling plays, some rust on Elliott, some injury issues that guys are easing into playing from, etc.

So.............................. 21-17. Maybe 24-17.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, but you’re not exactly the world’s greatest defense against smash mouth football, and Saquon is slightly better than CJ Anderson and Marlon Mack

Is this analysis born out of the Rams game?

Jipper

Reaction score
im hearing a lot of rumblings that the giants are getting picked to give the upset....

Sydla

Reaction score
Aside from the fact you are only considering a few individual game breakdowns while ignoring that the Cowboys actually gave up the 5th fewest rushing yards and the 6th fewest rushing TDs in the NFL last season ….

The Cowboys drafted a DT and signed another as a free agent, Maliek Collins is now healthy, and a lot of young players got valuable experience last year, including Antwaun Woods and LVE who saw their first NFL action last season and Jaylon Smith who was playing his first healthy season last year.

I have to assume his analysis of our run defense is based upon the Rams game fiasco. And it was a crap show performance, no doubt.

But the Cowboys were 5th in YPG. They were 4th in YPC. If you go to the advanced stats, for example, they were 5th in Football Outsiders run defense (both adjusted and non-adjusted).

Sydla

Reaction score
im hearing a lot of rumblings that the giants are getting picked to give the upset....

From where?

Because in most of the major outlets, we are largely the pick to win straight up (I've seen a few suggest we won't cover however).

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to assume his analysis of our run defense is based upon the Rams game fiasco. And it was a crap show performance, no doubt.

But the Cowboys were 5th in YPG. They were 4th in YPC. If you go to the advanced stats, for example, they were 5th in Football Outsiders run defense (both adjusted and non-adjusted).
He mentioned Mack, so he was also referring to the Colts game, which was admittedly another poor performance for our run defense. But you are right that those were the anomalies and not the norm by any stretch, and there are realistic reasons to believe the run defense will be better this year.

ghst187

Reaction score
Going with 24-16 win but if we’re going to be legit contender we should hang 30 on them and hold them to 10 or less. Let’s see something Kellen! TDs not FGs!
This is one of the worst teams and QBs we will play all year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going with 24-16 win but if we’re going to be legit contender we should hang 30 on them and hold them to 10 or less. Let’s see something Kellen! TDs not FGs!
This is one of the worst teams and QBs we will play all year.

One game never defines a team, but I agree this is one we should win comfortably.

Maverick84

Reaction score
52-17... I wanted to put 59-17 but I have a feeling Leon Lett will fumble a recovery at the goal line

Rayman70

Reaction score
Carrot Top just loves starting ultra conservative. That's what I expect. I expect the Giants to come out on fire. We better be ready defensively. We will need to win this one via special teams and field position...give our offense a shorter field. Things should settle down in the 2nd quarter and I thing we will find a rhythm. Giants will shock and awe us in the first quarter. But we will get our sea legs under us later and win going away at the end.