Giants fire Columbo

quickccc

Reaction score
And I thought Paul Alexander was/would be the only current OL coach to be fired at mid-season when the Cowboys fired him at that point
-Columbo replaced Alexander at mid-season and replaced him with Columbo.
-Giants fire Columbo and are immediately replacing him at mid season

the ways of irony. …..:(

Plankton

Reaction score
Yes, reports are that Garrett, chanting it's a process, had kicked Judge in the balls from behind while Columbo was uppercutting him.

undertaker-low-blow.gif

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Is this true? Oh man I thought it was Garrett at first. As if Colombo didn’t know while he was beating up his boss that he was fired, haha.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And I thought Paul Alexander was/would be the only current OL coach to be fired at mid-season when the Cowboys fired him at that point
-Columbo replaced Alexander at mid-season and replaced him with Columbo.
-Giants fire Columbo and are immediately replacing him at mid season

the ways of irony. …..:(

Interesting that it is trending that Colombo isn't very good. We did dramatically improve when he took over here but there was also a significant change that he instituted - Travis Frederick became a de facto assistant OL coach as he sat out the year. Colombo's success might have had a lot to do with that.

I do like what Colombo brings as far as emotion - our line played a good bit more mean when he took over. I think that La'el especially benefited as he became one of the best RT in the league the second Colombo took over. He also became our edgiest player.

CapnB

Reaction score
Mark Colombo was lucky to get that job in the first place. He should stop coaching and go make music.

Thats a really good song.... And on top if it all symbolic of the Dallas Cowboys during his time as a player/coach.

cern

Reaction score
I get why columbo was furious, but he handled things poorly. The giants rushed for over 150 yards the last 3 games. But judge was getting involved with the group and was bringing his old buddy in to work with columbo. A slap in the face? I can see where mark might have thought so.

tico

Reaction score
Judge feels the heat and knows all about the Sabotage Job done to Wade..
Judge maybe pre Sabotage the Sabotage King.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Interesting that it is trending that Colombo isn't very good. We did dramatically improve when he took over here but there was also a significant change that he instituted - Travis Frederick became a de facto assistant OL coach as he sat out the year. Colombo's success might have had a lot to do with that.

I do like what Colombo brings as far as emotion - our line played a good bit more mean when he took over. I think that La'el especially benefited as he became one of the best RT in the league the second Colombo took over. He also became our edgiest player.

MColombo is a good coach. Ex players can make great coaches.

better than Philbin.