Giants havent won nothing yet

playmakers

Reaction score
Isnt it a weird irony that last season we were 9-1 too and flying high as a kite until December rolled around. After this we went from a good team to an average one. Also, isnt it kinda ironic that the Giants were fighting for their lives week to week last season and was probably a game away from firing the coach and tanking the rest of the season. And, isnt it ironic that the Commanders had the opporunity to tko both of our teams and just didnt have enough ammo to do so. Ok, the tail of two seasons could turn out to be really similar. I dont want to jump ahead but I think we will make a wildcard and be a 6th seed. Look who might be lurking in round 1??????? The Tampa Bay Bucs. Youre have the

Giants #1
Arizona #2 (easier schedule down stretch)
TB #3 (easier schedule down stretch than Car)
GB # 4
Car #5
Dallas #6

We beat TB in round one and look who we got in round 2????????? The Giants. Paybacks...................... Roles are reversed and we win. Then we go to GB for the championship game as I have them beating Arizona in the other game. Wow.......... This scenario is not a dream either, it is one of many unique possibilties.

In addition, I wouldnt give the Giants the division just yet.

At Arizona (1st place)
At Washington (will be fighting for their lives there)
vs Philly (similar to them beating us last season at around the same time)
at Dallas revenge
vs Carolina ( they always give anybody a tough game regardless of records)
at Minnesota ( Its hard to win in Minnesota)

Lets let the season play out some more before we concede anything. It will be tough but its far from over. opinions

Aikbach

Reaction score
Even if Dallas finishes 12-4 it would take a melt down for them to wrestle the division title from the Giants.

I figure the Giants will finish 13-3 and Dallas will be 11-5 or 10-6.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Aikbach;2427507 said:
Even if Dallas finishes 12-4 it would take a melt down for them to wrestle the division title from the Giants.

I figure the Giants will finish 13-3 and Dallas will be 11-5 or 10-6.

Expecting the Giants to split the rest of the season is wishful thinking.

Won't happen. Its in Dallas best interest that the Giants beat both the Skins and Philly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dallas takes care of their business we will get to post season. However I do agree that nothing is cast in stone. No one knows how the Giants will finish or what type of critical injuries they may have to deal with that could have a major drop off in their play in the meantime they have games with division rivials Washington, Philly and Dallas as well as the division leading Cards.

Jay

Reaction score
chinch;2427623 said:
worry about SF game, not the giants.

You tell 'em. Hit the playbook son, you've got a lot of studying to do.

Really, he's a fan.. he can look ahead, it's not the end of the world.

Boyzfan31

Reaction score
I live in NY and have not heard the end of it so that would be the best thing that could happen and i would dance naked in the streets with only my cowboy hat on if that happend!!!!!!!!!!
:bow:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Giants havent won nothing yet...

EXCEPT just about EVERY game.

They are the team to beat in NFC. Hands down.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't care, at all, about the NFC East Division title. Win your games, get into the playoffs, and win the thing that matters.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2427660 said:
I don't care, at all, about the NFC East Division title. Win your games, get into the playoffs, and win the thing that matters.

I agree. For Dallas they need to focus on the games at hand if they do that then they give themselfs a chance at making the post season if they don't it really does not matter what happens to the Giants. I will say it is not out of the question for the Giants or any team to go into a slump given injuries or internal problems as well as some difficult games ahead for them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
playmakers;2427491 said:
Isnt it a weird irony that last season we were 9-1 too and flying high as a kite until December rolled around. After this we went from a good team to an average one. Also, isnt it kinda ironic that the Giants were fighting for their lives week to week last season and was probably a game away from firing the coach and tanking the rest of the season. And, isnt it ironic that the Commanders had the opporunity to tko both of our teams and just didnt have enough ammo to do so. Ok, the tail of two seasons could turn out to be really similar. I dont want to jump ahead but I think we will make a wildcard and be a 6th seed. Look who might be lurking in round 1??????? The Tampa Bay Bucs. Youre have the

Giants #1
Arizona #2 (easier schedule down stretch)
TB #3 (easier schedule down stretch than Car)
GB # 4
Car #5
Dallas #6

We beat TB in round one and look who we got in round 2????????? The Giants. Paybacks...................... Roles are reversed and we win. Then we go to GB for the championship game as I have them beating Arizona in the other game. Wow.......... This scenario is not a dream either, it is one of many unique possibilties.

In addition, I wouldnt give the Giants the division just yet.

At Arizona (1st place)
At Washington (will be fighting for their lives there)
vs Philly (similar to them beating us last season at around the same time)
at Dallas revenge
vs Carolina ( they always give anybody a tough game regardless of records)
at Minnesota ( Its hard to win in Minnesota)

Lets let the season play out some more before we concede anything. It will be tough but its far from over. opinions

The Giants have one loss. That means they lose four of these next six and we win out to make things comfortable minus tiebreakers. I don't see that happening on either front.

Like it or not, last week should have ended any thoughts we had of taking the division. I am not concerned about it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And winning the East title doesn't earn you anything anyway. What did it get us last year? An early exit from the playoffs. The only 'championship' that matters, and means anything, is the one that they give out after the last meaningful football game of the year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2427710 said:
And winning the East title doesn't earn you anything anyway. What did it get us last year? An early exit from the playoffs. The only 'championship' that matters, and means anything, is the one that they give out after the last meaningful football game of the year.

I agree to an extent but I would always rather be in a position of having 2 playoff games instead of 3 and playing at home. There are no guarantees you will win if you achieve the division and home field but teams fight hard to earn that right and for a good reason it is the easier road to the SB

Iago33

Reaction score
The double negative in the thread title is exactly right--they have won something. They won the superbowl last year, and they've won all but one game this year. We don't need to worry about anyone but ourselves.

playmakers

Reaction score
Yomick, you could of said the same thing about us last year at this time.

This thread wasnt intended for us catching the Giants but how similar the roads will be for us this year as opposed to the Giants last year. I agree we must worry abut the 49ers first.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The Giants beat the 2 best teams in the NFC, then teh team that was suposed to be the best ever in the patriots.

after 2 key losses they were expected to fall behind to OUr mighty talented team. What did they do?

They have played lights out!. beat the steelers, ran all over the ravens and treated our Defense like a step stool.

Dont tell me the Giants havent won anything. Give them the respect they deserve.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Well, the irony is similar in some cases. But don't tell us the Giants haven't won nothing yet. You're right thy have won something, not nothing. They won the SB last year and I wouldn't relate a team with several seasons of lackluster performance history in the last quarter of a season to a team that went out and won it all.

We were 9-1 last year but we weren't the champs. They are 9-1 this year and are the champs. They've been playing top notch ball for a whole year now. We haven't played top notch ball since we were 9-1 last season.

Let's think about San Fran and not the Giants right now please. Lets take care of our own house, the division isn't even a race if we can't get to 8-4 and they lose a game before we play them. We can't even get to 8-4 if we don't get to 7-4. Please lets focus on San Fran folks. 1 game at a time.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
The division is lost, but I think we have just as good a chance to beat the Giants away as at home and I know Giants fans haven't forgot about us yet.