Giants sign OT Cam Fleming

SSoup

Reaction score
Swing tackle is kind of a big deal.

I would have had no issue retaining this player. He did his job when asked to fill in for Tyron Smith.
He wasn't great, but he also wasn't a "allow 6 sacks in one game to a guy who had only once in his life gotten 6 sacks in an entire season before" level of bad.

We signed him for the peace of mind of knowing we could put him on the field and not have him set himself and our offense on fire. And he fulfilled that promise.

It reminds me of a vague memory I have from when Parcells was here. It's been so long now, I hope I'm remembering it right. Anyway. In a press conference one offseason, he was talking about some veteran o-lineman who he trusted. And he said something like: "He could line up backwards and he still wouldn't lead the league in sacks allowed." (And I may be remembering wrong, but I think we had an o-lineman who was in over his head and lead the league in sacks allowed one year during Parcells' time here. Rob Pettiti or Torrin Tucker, I think? So I'm guessing that's what he was referencing when he mentioned trusting a different guy not to lead the league in sacks allowed.)

Even if a blocker's potential isn't sky-high, a coach sometimes just wants a guy in his backpocket who he knows he can throw out there and not worry about him being a nightmare.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Giants will continue to be meh at least another 2 years. I.love it