Giants sign Rod Smith

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not sure what the Giants' depth looks like. He's primarily a special-teammer, so unless they want him to be the primary backup, there might be a role for him.

We're depending on a fourth-round rookie and a seventh-round rookie to replace him, so I don't think we can say we're better off yet just attempting to get better production for the backup spot than we got last year from Smith.

Agree.

Also, this is why we pay Zeke.

Pray he doesn’t hold out for more $$$.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That takes care of that. you see, whenever I see 2 brothers on a professional sports the same thing runs through my brain. You mean there's nobody else on the country better than this guys brother?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure what the Giants' depth looks like. He's primarily a special-teammer, so unless they want him to be the primary backup, there might be a role for him.

We're depending on a fourth-round rookie and a seventh-round rookie to replace him, so I don't think we can say we're better off yet just attempting to get better production for the backup spot than we got last year from Smith.

I'm sure. He was terrible here last year. Somehow, the guy went Hollywood and thought he was far better than what we actually was.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same I always felt that we had ZERO production at the RB spot when Zeke went to grab some air/sip on some water...

Puzzling that they would allow themselves to not have a better change of pace option to Zeke to get him some more rest in the middle of the game

Yes. The offense came Tom a screeching halt whenever Zeke needed a break. That's has to change and that change included saying goodbye to Rod Smith.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Lol the Giants and Commanders LOVE our sloppy seconds.

Later, Rod. It's been real.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
More proof that the NFL values guys who can come in and just not screw things up lol.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Same I always felt that we had ZERO production at the RB spot when Zeke went to grab some air/sip on some water...

Puzzling that they would allow themselves to not have a better change of pace option to Zeke to get him some more rest in the middle of the game

I was mad we did not sign CJ Anderson last year and dump Rod Smith. Wouldn't you know that the Rams sign CJ towards the end of the year and he kills us in the playoffs.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jaylon will blow his brother up 2x per year now. Should be fun at the family gatherings.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score

I like the story behind Rod Smith getting to play with his brother. The truth however, is both those rookies will be more productive.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good for Rod. I liked Rod but thought he had a down year. Of course when you get 2-3 carries a game its hard to get in rhythm.
Yeah I like Rod if we didn't have a back like Zeke. He should compliment someone the opposite of him. Quick and shifty type back.

Carson

Reaction score
May not even make the 53 behind Barkley and Gallman

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We kept the better brother. Good luck to Rod Smith, may you have great games that your team loses. :cool:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like the story behind Rod Smith getting to play with his brother. The truth however, is both those rookies will be more productive.

Like Darius Jackson and Bo Scarbrough?

Draft picks bust every year. I don't count on them until they show it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm sure. He was terrible here last year. Somehow, the guy went Hollywood and thought he was far better than what we actually was.

I think he sort of pulled a Troy Hambrick. Hambrick looked good as a seldom-used backup to Emmitt Smith. Then, when Smith left and Hambrick was inexplicably made the starter, he flopped.

Smith thrived in a seldom-used role behind Elliott and Alfred Morris. Teams just didn't pay any attention to him because he was a third-stringer, so they didn't really know what to expect of him. He didn't get a lot more attention last year, but I believe defenses looked at him enough to know what to expect when he was in the game.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I like Rod and I'm glad that he landed on his feet.

Of course, we no longer get to hear...
//youtu.be/cZ0NzCTfpck?t=272