Giants TE Darren Waller retires

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Being serious if I were the Cowboys I would at least explore what the Giants would be willing to trade us for Schoonmaker.

Not giving up on him already, but this team would be fine at TE with Ferguson, Hendershot, Spann-Ford, and Stephens.

Motorola

Reaction score

You know these are slow times when Risen is posting the retirement of a jag TE......from another team :lmao2: :lmao2:
I have been trying to come up with a reason why anyone would care....
Risen Star always post news about NFL players from the other 31 teams ...be it trades, retirements, injuries, away-from-the-game incidents - along with general NFL information.
Offseason or in-season.
It's Risen's second MO here at Cowboys Zone..behind posting sarcastic, witty remarks about the Cowboys.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Being serious if I were the Cowboys I would at least explore what the Giants would be willing to trade us for Schoonmaker.

Not giving up on him already, but this team would be fine at TE with Ferguson, Hendershot, Spann-Ford, and Stephens.
Some might argue Schoon has the higher potential of all of them though. Those the guys are expendable.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Some might argue Schoon has the higher potential of all of them though. Those the guys are expendable.
All except Ferguson, I agree. It just bothers me that there is a second round investment on a number two tight end that isn't going to do a heck of a lot barring something unforeseen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All except Ferguson, I agree. It just bothers me that there is a second round investment on a number two tight end that isn't going to do a heck of a lot barring something unforeseen.
His ceiling might be higher if his blocking is as they claimed it was pre draft.

And I agree I hate the pick and investment but I’d hate it worst if we traded him off for a 6th or 7th rounder.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

Why did we draft Schoonmaker? So dumb. They should have known Ferguson was a stud!!! AND the other guys gave us good depth at TE. TE was one of our least needed positions!!!!!!

Motorola

Reaction score

Looked up the news on Giants' fansite 'Big Blue View' l, then pulled up a couple of stories about him elsewhere.
Waller's life was full of self-induced problems - opioid addiction in high school, which led to other recreational drugs abuse in college in addition to alcohol. His struggles continued in the NFL after being drafted by the Ravens. After two league suspensions - and nearly dying from an overdose, Waller got clean, then signed on with the Raiders. Had a few good seasons with OAK-LV, then was traded to NYG before the 2023 season.
Despite a sobriety life for the last 5 years, his injury-riddled season took its toll.
Just recently Waller and WNBA- Las Vegas Aces star Kelsey Plum filed for divorce after just one year of marriage (March 2023).

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Trade for their number 2 next year.
They drafted a Big 10 tight end who had a much better college career than Schoonmaker. And got him in the 4th round. And he’s their number two TE behind Bellinger. The Giants have enough issues without needing to waste any draft capital on Cowboys’ mistakes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They drafted a Big 10 tight end who had a much better college career than Schoonmaker. And got him in the 4th round. And he’s their number two TE behind Bellinger. The Giants have enough issues without needing to waste any draft capital on Cowboys’ mistakes.
Imagine that, they had a plan in place. Must be nice having a real GM.