Twitter: Gil Brandt has Kris Richard on his short list of head coaching candidates

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Sad but if JG ever gets fired you’ll never see him on a list like this. It even on a collegiate list of replacement head coaches. ESPN prob wouldn’t even hire him for commentator. I figure JJ will put him in a back office somewhere and hook up his computer monitor to Madden 24/7

Hardline

Reaction score
It baffles me how and why so many people think Riley would leave OU where he has power to a place he has little to none
Only a fool would leave a big time college program to come here.
A lot of division I college head coaches make the same money NFL coaches do

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Harbaugh. Baltimore Ravens.

Harbaugh was a ST coach for several years and 1 year as the DB coach. Then he got the HC position in Baltimore.

haha intentionally left the bit about Garrett in there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harbaugh

In 2007, after serving as Eagles' special-teams coach for nine years, he became their defensive-backs coach. This fulfilled his request to head coach Reid and improved his chances of landing a head coaching job, since executives at that time viewed special teams coaches as unqualified to move up to head coach.

On January 19, 2008, Harbaugh was appointed the third-ever head coach of the Baltimore Ravens after Jason Garrett, the team's first choice, decided to stay with the Dallas Cowboys after receiving a raise and a promotion to assistant head coach.

cern

Reaction score
Most new successful hc's have been offensive minded. Shanahan, Peterson and mcvay. Brandt's list includes a lot of defensive minded guys. He should rethink his drafts of the 80's.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Good...our secondary has been a train wreck. DBs can't find the football...and we got...what??? 4 INTs as a team...Pathetic

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm guessing if there's more than a few head coach openings, we could very lose him ( of course unless Jerry makes the move).

Eberflus is a credible HC candidate.
And Eberflus is gone.
This is not mere coincidence.

Note that neither of our coordinators make the short list either. That also is not a mere coincidence.

I wonder how Garrett will give Richard the shiv.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I want a defensive minded coach. Great defenses almost always beat great offenses. Richard! Richard! Richard!

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Richard will be our DC next year if he doesn’t get a head coaching job elsewhere. With our luck Richard gets a HC job and Jerry fires Ginger after next season and Richard goes on to be a great one.
I hope it happens. We deserve all of the misery. Jerry isn’t about winning, period

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Sad but if JG ever gets fired you’ll never see him on a list like this. It even on a collegiate list of replacement head coaches. ESPN prob wouldn’t even hire him for commentator. I figure JJ will put him in a back office somewhere and hook up his computer monitor to Madden 24/7

Not true. They might hire him as the lead male cheerleader during the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
john harbaugh

He had both special teams and defensive backs coach titles simultaneously. We've seen DB coaches make the jump. I'm talking about a guy whose specialty is special teams. Since 2001, Dave Taub has never been anything in the NFL but a special teams coach........his resume' looks nothing like harbaugh's. I have no idea why he's on Tex's list.