Gimmesix's one-and-only mock

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I based this on the players who visited Dallas plus one of the rankings that I saw. Some of these players were projected in that ranking to go before where I have them picked, so I'm also listing an alternative selection.

(2nd) 58 S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson/DB Juan Thornhill
(3rd) 90 TE Jace Sternberger/TE Dawson Knox
(4th) 128 (slight trade down to pick up a sixth) RB Bryce Love/RB Tony Pollard
(4th) 136 DT Trysten Hill/DT Renell Wren/DT John Cominsky
(5th)165 CB Isaiah Johnson/CB Derrek Thomas
(6th acquired in trade) Traded for Tampa Bay DT Gerald McCoy
7th K Marc Orozco

Sydla

Reaction score
Hmmmm.

Not a fan of Love at TB or Pollard and I think the 4th is too early for a TB. But if you could pull off that McCoy trade, this is a draft I could live with because I like both Ss and the TEs.

morasp

Reaction score
Thornhill
Sternberger
Love
Hill
Johnson
McCoy
would be a nice haul, all of them could make the team.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hmmmm.

Not a fan of Love at TB or Pollard and I think the 4th is too early for a TB. But if you could pull off that McCoy trade, this is a draft I could live with because I like both Ss and the TEs.

It's possible we could get Pollard later and move up the picks at DT and CB (since a couple of those players are projected to go before our picks). Out of the backs we've had visit, though, I'm not sure I'd want any that are later projections than Pollard. Maybe Xavier Turner, Tarleton State.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Trysten Hill is a player that the Cowboys seem to like, but I can not get a fix on where he is likely picked. Brugler - one of my favorites - has us as being lucky to get him at 90. While other draft sites have him falling late into the 4th.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Trysten Hill is a player that the Cowboys seem to like, but I can not get a fix on where he is likely picked. Brugler - one of my favorites - has us as being lucky to get him at 90. While other draft sites have him falling late into the 4th.
I would trust Brugler. I don't see Hill lasting to 90.

gimmesix

Reaction score

I agree. I'm not necessarily sold on Hill, but if we could get him in the fourth, I could live with that.

Beaker42

Reaction score
LOL lucky to get him at 90? We’ll be UNLUCKY to get him in any slot. He’s. JAG.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I based this on the players who visited Dallas plus one of the rankings that I saw. Some of these players were projected in that ranking to go before where I have them picked, so I'm also listing an alternative selection.

(2nd) 58 S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson/DB Juan Thornhill
(3rd) 90 TE Jace Sternberger/TE Dawson Knox
(4th) 128 (slight trade down to pick up a sixth) RB Bryce Love/RB Tony Pollard
(4th) 136 DT Trysten Hill/DT Renell Wren/DT John Cominsky
(5th)165 CB Isaiah Johnson/CB Derrek Thomas
(6th acquired in trade) Traded for Tampa Bay DT Gerald McCoy
7th K Marc Orozco
I’m good w/ 58, 90, 165, McCoy and Orozco. The others? Barf.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very talented player, but he had problems with coaches. I think thats why some people have him on day 3. The player is a steal at 90