Give Brent whatever help he needs . . .

On the roster or not?

• Total voters

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
But I am getting tired of him being referred to as "Dallas Cowboys lineman."

Jerra, get this personage off the roster. Help him, legally and emotionally, but I don't want his stupidity further tarnishing my Dallas Cowboys.

Josh, you half reach your limit for compassion from many. You do not deserve to be a Cowboy no more.

Woody Runner

Reaction score
He should have been cut awhile ago. It's sad this franchise is keeping around an average player on the off chance he may be a situational player down the road.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He should have been cut awhile ago. It's sad this franchise is keeping around an average player on the off chance he may be a situational player down the road.

Now I am hearing that Jerra kept Brent on because of a promise he made to the DWI car crash victim's mother.

Is this any way to run a franchise? Jerra, make these decisions on your own, not after consulting with players mothers!!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
These are pretty weak rants, lol.

I believe the Cowboys handled this properly.
They get to keep Brent's rights and he cost them next to nothing.
In about 60% of these types of cases in Texas guys get suspended sentences and do NOT serve any prison time beyond whatever jail stretch before making bail.

The DA knows all eyes are on this and he wants prison time. I suspect he gets some it but not much.
I believe Brent will be back in 2 years at the latest.

My opinion of Brent as a person isn't very high at all.
But as a player that kid can flat out play.
He costs us next to nothing in salary and provided average NT play as a young guy.

For the sake of Brown's family I hope Brent is allowed to earn an NFL living and pay proper restitution to them.
While that doesn't bring their son back neither does him rotting in jail then making 30k a year for life.