Give chad johnson credit

Taz

Reaction score
He didn't wear an ocho cinco jersey
he didn't kiss the star like he said he woud or do any other stunts.

maybe he was just trying to get in jerry jones good gracies, but he didn't become a camera hog today.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Taz;2311449 said:
He didn't wear an ocho cinco jersey
he didn't kiss the star like he said he woud or do any other stunts.

maybe he was just trying to get in jerry jones good gracies, but he didn't become a camera hog today.

he didn't kiss the star cause he didn't score.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
And then give our sucky defense credit for holding him to 3 catches for 43 yards and 0 TDs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;2311460 said:
And then give our sucky defense credit for holding him to 3 catches for 43 yards and 0 TDs.

So far this season, every defense has shut him down.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They did a nice job of slowing him down but TJ was able to get open a bit. But that's to be expected with two WR's like that.

juck

Reaction score
Id take him in a heartbeat over any other WR that we could add to the team.Is he a free agent after this year?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2311460 said:

was it good defense that caused us not to touch the QB once until the final minute of the game?

was it good defense when we let one of their two legit weapons on offense come wide open near the GL for two easy tds?

was it good defense when they ran right up the middle for an easy td, only to be bailed out by a very gratuitous holding call?

was it good defense when an injured QB just made an errant throw to a wide open RB, who'd have had an easy TD? or on that same play leave another WR wide open in the endzone on the same side of the field? or could have easily allowed said QB to scramble for a first down and probably a TD himself, all on the same play?

Honestly if Palmer was anywhere near 100%, he might have thrown for 350 or more yds on us.

I'm glad we won the game, but I didnt see much good defense today from the Cowboys, and I definitely saw a lack of intensity and killer instinct from the team as a hole.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
juckie;2311487 said:
Id take him in a heartbeat over any other WR that we could add to the team.Is he a free agent after this year?

Nope. He's got like 3 or 4 years left on his deal in Cincy.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2311495 said:
was it good defense that caused us not to touch the QB once until the final minute of the game?

was it good defense when we let one of their two legit weapons on offense come wide open near the GL for two easy tds?

was it good defense when they ran right up the middle for an easy td, only to be bailed out by a very gratuitous holding call?

was it good defense when an injured QB just made an errant throw to a wide open RB, who'd have had an easy TD? or on that same play leave another WR wide open in the endzone on the same side of the field? or could have easily allowed said QB to scramble for a first down and probably a TD himself, all on the same play?

Honestly if Palmer was anywhere near 100%, he might have thrown for 350 or more yds on us.

I'm glad we won the game, but I didnt see much good defense today from the Cowboys, and I definitely saw a lack of intensity and killer instinct from the team as a hole.
Sorry you saw it differently than I did.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130905

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2311517 said:
just calling it like I see it...it was mediocrity out there

and I am not just banging on the defense, it was just a lackluster effort as a whole...once they got up 17-0, they mailed it in instead of stomping on them or at least keeping control of the game.
It wasn't a dominating performance. But as I said in that thread, it was good enough to beat just about any team in the league.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbair1967;2311495 said:

If a team decides you aren't going to get to the QB then besides sending the house then you aren't going to. That's what Cin did today. That's what most teams are going to do against us or we will sack the heck out of them.

They took short quick drops and got rid of the ball in a hurry and had enough protection. We still hurried him and got in his way some. But they couldn't throw the ball down the field either. Not enough time for those routes to develop.

And you aren't going to stop a team a lot better than 60 yards running.

When they opened up their passing game then we got to him. So, yes the defense played pretty well. Not perfect but pretty good. We can't keep giving their offense the ball and stopping ourselves. Or losing the STs battle.

And their intensity was great IMO. And will to win.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2311526 said:
It wasn't a dominating performance. But as I said in that thread, it was good enough to beat just about any team in the league.

you really think so? come on Theo, the Bungles are not anywhere near one of the better teams in the league and were playing with a QB nowhere near 100%. I'd say a number of his bad throws would have been completions if his arm was 100%.

I think had we played any of the NFC East teams and played them the same way defensively, we'd have got beaten pretty soundly. I also dont think we'll beat Arizona next week if they dont play better than this. The pass rush just wasnt there today.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2311537 said:
you really think so? come on Theo, the Bungles are not anywhere near one of the better teams in the league and were playing with a QB nowhere near 100%. I'd say a number of his bad throws would have been completions if his arm was 100%.

I think had we played any of the NFC East teams and played them the same way defensively, we'd have got beaten pretty soundly. I also dont think we'll beat Arizona next week if they dont play better than this. The pass rush just wasnt there today.
Uh...absolutely, I think so. If you give an offense that many possessions deep in our territory, they're going to score some points. Our defense held them pretty well. You can keep pulling the injured QB mess, but as far as I could tell he was 100%.

Not really sure how you could look at that defensive performance and be upset with the defense.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The defense did as good a job as they could given that they started a handful of times in our end of the field. That's tough on a defense and they did a great job of not allowing TDs on all those.

MrMom

Reaction score
theogt;2311545 said:
Uh...absolutely, I think so. If you give an offense that many possessions deep in our territory, they're going to score some points. Our defense held them pretty well. You can keep pulling the injured QB mess, but as far as I could tell he was 100%.

Not really sure how you could look at that defensive performance and be upset with the defense.

Maybe those of us who actually enjoy watching defenses dominate, attack or impose their wills are upset. It was more of Cincy's lack of execution than what we were doing that held their O in check. Yet again, zero pressure today, horribly timed blitzes, none of our defensive backs -sans Jones- knows how to get their hands on the football.

Do we not know how to run stunts?

Another sub-par performance by the D, IMO.

BTW, Palmer certainly isn't 100%.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2311526 said:

those mix-ups on both TJ TDs were grotesque

on the 2nd TD, there were 3 DBs in the area and none w/in 5 yards

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2311673 said:
those mix-ups on both TJ TDs were grotesque

on the 2nd TD, there were 3 DBs in the area and none w/in 5 yards
Yeah. I noted in another thread, before that snap, I noticed 31 and 32 over there and said, "Oh no." Parcells used to say that you can usually count on a rookie to lose at 1 game for you.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MrMom;2311670 said:
Maybe those of us who actually enjoy watching defenses dominate, attack or impose their wills are upset.
Or, in other words, those that expect perfection.

BTW, Palmer certainly isn't 100%.
Thanks, doc. :rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2311683 said:
Yeah. I noted in another thread, before that snap, I noticed 31 and 32 over there and said, "Oh no." Parcells used to say that you can usually count on a rookie to lose at 1 game for you.

both plays ended up doing the exact, same thing, that's what was so messed up about it all, they lined up 3 WRs on one side both times and we were like wth?

same result, TJ by himself, that's why I hate the frickin zone