Give Dak the exact contract Mahomes has

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott is definitely a top-five quarterback. You don’t like him fine. I get that. That’s why you have an arm chair

I know....win loss is a team record. But don't most "top 5" have something to show for it? Doesn't top 5 make one "exceptional"?

Is he really that?

Look..no hate here. I cheer him on. I'm good with a bus driver...heck let these superstars do most of the work!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I serious doubt that the Cowboys FO is willing to commit a ten year contractual agreement to Dak and his future. It's more than obvious that his abilities are inferior to what Mahomes has to offer. Anyone thinking differently is undeniably a Dak homer. The clear evidence to be observed is undeniable.

luckyman76

Reaction score
I serious doubt that the Cowboys FO is willing to commit a ten year contractual agreement to Dak and his future. It's more than obvious that his abilities are inferior to what Mahomes has to offer. Anyone thinking differently is undeniably a Dak homer. The clear evidence to be observed is undeniable.

Agreed but an even more relevant take on Dak is that his agent doesn't want him to be a Cowboy and Dak is at least indifferent to being a Cowboy. Dak's deal was never going to get done until after Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, and even maybe Jackson. All of France's other clients signed the tag with no deal. France wants to market Dak's contract like he did the one for Aaron Donald with a twist. You hire me, even if you are not the best, you get the best deal. He wants to be the Scott Boras of the NFL. I blame O'Brien completely for the DeAndre Hopkins situation but France is his agent and they have been asking for more money for years. BOB is an idiot but it doesn't change the fact that France engineers what he wants. What is a player going to say, "no I don't want any more money." The agent process I believe is 1% or 3% of contract (due to max deals) and 25% of endorsements. I believe the standard in NFL is different. I believe Dak's endorsements are handled separately by Peter Miller.

Wood

Reaction score
and be done with it.

Guy is a top 7 QB in the league and top 3-5 if you remove those that are close to retirement (Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc;)

You woke up today and said to yourself...this is day I am finally gonna say it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know....win loss is a team record. But don't most "top 5" have something to show for it? Doesn't top 5 make one "exceptional"?

Is he really that?

Look..no hate here. I cheer him on. I'm good with a bus driver...heck let these superstars do most of the work!
Isn’t the bus driver the one responsible for taking the team where they want to go. I have no problems with the bus driver

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
o_Oo_Oo_O:huh:, Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Wilson, maybe Brady. Up and comers Jackson, Jimmy G, Dak, Cousins, Watson. Lets not forget Rivers and Stafford still play in the league. By my count and I will be gracious he is top 10but could be as low as 13 maybe as high as 6 or 7
Aaron Rodgers is not as good as Prescott. And neither is Drew Brees when the pressure is on. And Mahomes is so overrated I can’t stand it. If that’s what the league thinks is the best we’re in trouble. What a horrible Super Bowl

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think people understand what real football is. This league is a joke

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Is he really that?

I look at football different than most people. How many of these quarterbacks that people think it’s so great could’ve survived the 70s. I think Prescott is just about the only one.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually think it’s a better all Round quarterback Than Patrick Mahomes. I agree with Terry Bradshaw. I I think the kid is so overrated. He had a horrible horrible Super Bowl. If that’s what people think it’s real football no wonder why they think the league sucks. Give me the 60s or 70s that. I think Prescott is one of the only quarterback today could’ve survived

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
and be done with it.

Guy is a top 7 QB in the league and top 3-5 if you remove those that are close to retirement (Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc;)
Yeah I’ll get slammed for this but I don’t care. I think it’s a better quarterback. I think he’s one of the only few quarterback today that could’ve survived the 70s. Mahomes have a horrible horrible Super Bowl. Almost as bad as Brady and Jared Goff’s. What happened to real football. This candy *** **** they play today

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
good lord it never ends....

Mahomes got the contract he did to sign 2 years early. He got 400M in virtual guarantees.

That isn't less money than ANYONE EVER.
KC has a great structure because they signed two years early to limit cap hits. This is called good organizational planning.
PM will retire as the highest PAID football player of ALL-TIME.

Dallas botched the dealings with Dak and have been behind the 8 ball at all times and thus will pay the additional cap penalties.
This is quite possibly the issue with having an owner as your cap manager --and yes Stephen is the de facto owner at this point.

Watson will sign and getting a Dak deal done will be even harder/more costly.

If I don't want to pay a bill I might groan but letting it hit late fees and adding interest doesn't help so it gets paid.
Dallas is eating late fees right now and accruing interest to pay minimum payments.

blueblood70

Reaction score
u
and be done with it.

mm no let him bering us to B2B NFCCG , get 2 MVPs and a SB ring, then maybe yes.. top 7 3-5 which is it, it isnt 1 or 2 but pay him #1 money..right France is this you? loll

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I actually think it’s a better all Round quarterback Than Patrick Mahomes. I agree with Terry Bradshaw. I I think the kid is so overrated. He had a horrible horrible Super Bowl. If that’s what people think it’s real football no wonder why they think the league sucks. Give me the 60s or 70s that. I think Prescott is one of the only quarterback today could’ve survived

I suspect you'll likely change your mind about that in the future, even if that remains to be seen. There's a reason why KC chose to lock up Mahomes as early as they did. There's also a valid reason why the Cowboys want to see more of what Dak can do before giving him a contract. He and France were simply asking too much, imho.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I look at football different than most people. How many of these quarterbacks that people think it’s so great could’ve survived the 70s. I think Prescott is just about the only one.
Prescott in the 70s would have joe namath stats

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Agreed but an even more relevant take on Dak is that his agent doesn't want him to be a Cowboy and Dak is at least indifferent to being a Cowboy. Dak's deal was never going to get done until after Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, and even maybe Jackson. All of France's other clients signed the tag with no deal. France wants to market Dak's contract like he did the one for Aaron Donald with a twist. You hire me, even if you are not the best, you get the best deal. He wants to be the Scott Boras of the NFL. I blame O'Brien completely for the DeAndre Hopkins situation but France is his agent and they have been asking for more money for years. BOB is an idiot but it doesn't change the fact that France engineers what he wants. What is a player going to say, "no I don't want any more money." The agent process I believe is 1% or 3% of contract (due to max deals) and 25% of endorsements. I believe the standard in NFL is different. I believe Dak's endorsements are handled separately by Peter Miller.

Agents don't decide where his clients want to play. That's for the player to decide for himself, first and foremost. If an agent tries to sway such a bold decision, they're very likely doing a disservice to their client. It's especially so, since Dak has settled in the general area of his team's headquarters.

We'll see whether Dak is indifferent or not when the next bargaining comes due to be negotiated. I suspect Dak might be making a serious mistake if he permits his feelings to sway him into changing his team. Negotiations routinely get down and dirty when talks get heated, as they routinely do. It's unwise for Dak to allow his sensitivities to sway him into doing what he may well come to regret. I think he'd be wise to rid himself of Todd France's services.

Last edited: