Give me dominant DL over super star QB

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
missing your starting tackles makes a huge difference and the refs had something to do with the game as well and the chiefs def backs were pulling and grabbing all night

Creeper

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying this has nothing to do with Daks contract or his value.

Thinking of what’s won the last 12 years, I think it’s obvious, if you have a dominant defensive line, you can win more than with a super star QB.

Examples:

Giants - 08 and 11.
Broncos - 2015
Eagles - 2017
Tampa - 2020

The Seahawks first Super Bowl in 2013 and the Ravens in 2012 were also both won by solid-above average QBs at the time.

Offense only teams rarely win. Last years Chiefs are about the only team to do so. The Rams-Patriots game in 2018 was the ultimate defensive struggle.

So what this means for Dallas - you can’t win anything except maybe a 9-7 NFC East title until you get the DT spots shored up with real players.

There are no absolutes, but I tend to agree with this. Being dominant in the trenches is essential to winning the SB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its alright to heap ALL the Prasie on Brady....not surprised. Heck, Brady did everything right? I stand with....the Team carried him too. That ain't absurd too me....dismissing some of his play this year is. He slung 3 Ints against GB. Can the D get some love too?

It is a team sport. But the difference betweenTampa being 7-9 in 2019 and super bowl champs in 2020 is Tom Brady. Thats just the fact.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From past accomplishments yes....but this was team that carried him as much as he carried them.....and they jelled during the playoffs, which is beautiful.

This was a 7-9 team before Brady arrived and put up 4600 passing yards and 40 TDs. Cowboy fans would be putting Dak in the HOF if he ever had a season close to the one Brady just had. Obviously he didn't do it alone. That doesn't need to be said.

GMO415

Reaction score
105.3 The Fan discussed this and they came to an unanimous decision "no way is anyone trading a starting QB in the NFL like Stafford for a Def beast like A Donald from the Lambs."

Cmac

Reaction score
This was a 7-9 team before Brady arrived and put up 4600 passing yards and 40 TDs. Cowboy fans would be putting Dak in the HOF if he ever had a season close to the one Brady just had. Obviously he didn't do it alone. That doesn't need to be said.
Not a problem...if you want to Hail all on Tom Brady for TB success this past year.....do it!!! I ain't. I saw a D that I wish we had. And this has nothing to do with the GOAT.

Cmac

Reaction score
It is a team sport. But the difference betweenTampa being 7-9 in 2019 and super bowl champs in 2020 is Tom Brady. Thats just the fact.
Then I guess for us....the reason for the bad on the 'Boys was Zeke and Jaylon.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think the key to winning the Superbowl is to be a better team than the other 31 teams.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Or it could be Suh and a 2nd year Devin White taking a big step. Brady definitely helped mainly by not turning the ball over like Jameis did but Brady doesn’t win the last 2 games without that defense. In fact he probably gets trucked.

quickccc

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying this has nothing to do with Daks contract or his value.

Thinking of what’s won the last 12 years, I think it’s obvious, if you have a dominant defensive line, you can win more than with a super star QB.

Examples:

Giants - 08 and 11.
Broncos - 2015
Eagles - 2017
Tampa - 2020

The Seahawks first Super Bowl in 2013 and the Ravens in 2012 were also both won by solid-above average QBs at the time.

Offense only teams rarely win. Last years Chiefs are about the only team to do so. The Rams-Patriots game in 2018 was the ultimate defensive struggle.

So what this means for Dallas - you can’t win anything except maybe a 9-7 NFC East title until you get the DT spots shored up with real players.

so what about the cases with Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Montana, Young, Wilson, Warner, Ben Roth, .Mahomes,..etc. or do we still just wanna cherry-pick around those kind of QBs too ?

…The Rams Patriot 2018 Super bowl also starred big name starting QBs, .. the idea is that you want to Combine star QB play with a dominant or capable Defensive unit.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

Examples:

Giants - 08 and 11.
Broncos - 2015
Eagles - 2017
Tampa - 2020

Ravens with Dilfer
Bucs with Johnson

the only QB option other than Dak is Andy Dalton, but even with a dominant Defense, I'm not sold on Dalton.

quickccc

Reaction score
Very true . Even the Broncos 97 super bowl was won with Defense , and Elway had to only throw like 150 yards all game .
This proves why dak at 35 -40 mil is a complete waste with the dallas defensive needs .

they had an elite running game with HOFer Terrell Davis. There wasn't anything dominant with that 90's Broncos defense.
it just had to be competitive enough to help give that team a chance at winning the SB's ...vs Dan Reeves Broncos version that got blown out of every SB game.