Give me your horror lists

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I'm a huge horror fan, and I'm always looking for something new to watch. Give my a top 10 list of your specific horror list. Examples would be:

Top 10 Horror films of all time
Top 10 A24 horror films
Top 10 Blumhouse horror films
Top 10 disturbing horror films
Top 10 horror films of the 80's

You name it. I'd love to find new films to watch and I know you all have a list.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think there is another thread with some discussed and Horror needs to be defined as to whether it's human horror or creature horror.

I like Horror films of both types but I really like a Horror with a sense of humor like Grabbers, Big *** Spider, 8 Legged Freaks, Shaun of the Dead, The Evil Dead trilogy and one we haven't mentioned here before, Feast. That movie hits all the bags for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
~in alphabetical order~

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Alien (1979)
Angel Heart (1987)
Halloween (1978)
Seven (1995)
The Exorcist (1973)
The Omen (1976)
The Shining (1980)
The Thing (1982)

Again, originals or remakes only. Almost no sequels (especially of the Elm Street franchise :rolleyes: ) except for Lane, which is not better in my opinion than the original Cloverfield but my heart wants it to remain a monster movie 'not clearly defined my genre'. Yep. I know. Weird. :p My wishy-washy inner geek flip-flopped again on Jaws (1975) and Aliens (1986), framing them again as more Thriller/Suspense than Horror. It is highly likely I will change my mind again when I post another list. :muttley:.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
frankenstein(boris karloff)
dracula(bela lagosi)
the wolfman(lon chaney,jr)
bride of frankenstein(karloff)
the mummy(karloff)
the body snatcher(karloff and lagosi)
creature from the black lagoon
king kong(original)
the pit and the pendulem(vincent price)
house of usher(vincent price)

Last edited:

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I think there is another thread with some discussed and Horror needs to be defined as to whether it's human horror or creature horror.

I like Horror films of both types but I really like a Horror with a sense of humor like Grabbers, Big *** Spider, 8 Legged Freaks, Shaun of the Dead, The Evil Dead trilogy and one we haven't mentioned here before, Feast. That movie hits all the bags for me.

I've never heard of Feast. I'll give it a shot.

quickccc

Reaction score
~in alphabetical order~

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Alien (1979)
Angel Heart (1987)
Halloween (1978)
Seven (1995)
The Exorcist (1973)
The Omen (1976)
The Shining (1980)
The Thing (1982)

Again, originals or remakes only. Almost no sequels (especially of the Elm Street franchise :rolleyes: ) except for Lane, which is not better in my opinion than the original Cloverfield but my heart wants it to remain a monster movie 'not clearly defined my genre'. Yep. I know. Weird. :p My wishy-washy inner geek flip-flopped again on Jaws (1975) and Aliens (1986), framing them again as more Thriller/Suspense than Horror. It is highly likely I will my mind again when I post another list. :muttley:.

East, Is this just your own overall top Horror movies - regardless of creature feature, Sci-Fi space, demonic, etc ?
Or this a copy paste of what you've read/heard from other links as all time horror classic lists ?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I never know of the term: Top 10 A24 horror films (had to look it up) Top 10 Blumhouse horror films

Nt complete; just what I've seen when googling those terms

(a24)
Hereditary
Mother (with Jennifer Lawrence, she did really well in this one)

(Blumhouse)
Insidious
Creep is good but the build up is too much. I liked the sequel more so cuz the woman was into it (kinda)
Hush
Sinister 1/2
Mercy Black
Cam (little much but liked the premise)