Give Props To Kosier And The O-line...

Reaction score
I suggested that Kyle Kosier could really make a difference and he did. IMO, the O-line played very well with Kosier back in the lineup especially when the game was on the line.

The O-line did a great job all game protecting Romo who wasn't sacked all game and creating huge holes as Barber ran the ball down the throats of the Skins D in the forth quarter.

Barber won't have had the yards he did if the O-line didn't create the holes that they did. Also, the Cowboys probably would of taken the field-goal if they didn't have confidence in the O-line.

WELCOME BACK KOSIER!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!

Mansta54

Reaction score
This is exactly what I thought and saw but posters in another thread thinks Big Flo and Kozier was pushed around last nite. Unbelievable!!!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I remember not to long ago some people wanted Kosier gone and replaced by McQ, Holland, etc. Kosier is a very good LG.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mansta54;2425066 said:
This is exactly what I thought and saw but posters in another thread thinks Big Flo and Kozier was pushed around last nite. Unbelievable!!!!!

Because I actually watched them.

Gurode, Davis, and Columbo played a heck of a game.

Kosier looked like he hadn't played a lot this year. Thats ok.. Ill give him a pass.

Flozell on the other hand was awful.

Reaction score
Mansta54;2425066 said:

PSSSSSSSSSTTT!! They have no clue!

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2425071 said:
I remember not to long ago some people wanted Kosier gone and replaced by McQ, Holland, etc. Kosier is a very good LG.

Yes they did!!! They are also the ones who wanted to get rid of Newman!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Flo had a few boneheaded penalties last night, but the O-line kept Romo protected and MBIII going in the right direction. Room for improvement, but a much, much better performance than the last four games.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2425087 said:
PSSSSSSSSSTTT!! They have no clue!

Go back and watch Flozell and then come back and tell me who has no clue.

Reaction score
CATCH17;2425085 said:
Because I actually watched them.

Gurode, Davis, and Columbo played a heck of a game.

Kosier looked like he hadn't played a lot this year. Thats ok.. Ill give him a pass.

Flozell on the other hand was awful.

I agree one some of your assessment. Gurode, Davis and Columbo played well. Kosier played well for a guy who's been out for a long time.

As for Flo, ya, people are on him but he didn't play as bad as most think. Flo didn't give up a sack. Flo's biggest problem is his false starts.

Not an excuse for Flo but he is deaf in his right ear. Maybe the Cowboys can do a hand-signal for Flo.

Reaction score
CATCH17;2425099 said:
Go back and watch Flozell and then come back and tell me who has no clue.

Flo had pentalties, I will give you that! But Flo didn't give up a sack and when the Cowboys gave Barber the ball on 10 running plays Flo played a big part.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'll look it up for myself later as well, but I don't think the Commanders got much pressure the first game either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2425103 said:
Flo had pentalties, I will give you that! But Flo didn't give up a sack and when the Cowboys gave Barber the ball on 10 running plays Flo played a big part.

Im excluding Flo's penalties.

Flo was causing Romo to get rid of the ball quicker than he would like.

Just because he didn't get a sack against him doesn't mean he wasn't getting beat because he was.

Reaction score
CATCH17;2425117 said:
Im excluding Flo's penalties.

Flo was causing Romo to get rid of the ball quicker than he would like.

Just because he didn't get a sack against him doesn't mean he wasn't getting beat because he was.

O.K. I can live with your assessment on Flo but I still don't think it is as bad as fans made it out to be!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
people thinking the oline had a good game need to take the homer glasses off.

Flo was a mental midget out there last night and He was not stopping his man all that well. Romo always was stepping up because he had pressure from the left side.

Gurode and Kosier played well and Colombo played decent. it was a overall ok game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2425128 said:
O.K. I can live with your assessment on Flo but I still don't think it is as bad as fans made it out to be!

I agree. I was upset with Flo on the penalties but overall I thought he as well as the line played very good and when we needed to put the skins away the line dominated one of the top run defense in the league.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2425128 said:

I wish it were.

It will be hard to get the ball down field to these bigtime receivers if we get the same effort from Flo as we have for the last month.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;2425134 said:
I wish it were.

It will be hard to get the ball down field to these bigtime receivers if we get the same effort from Flo as we have for the last month.

According to the coaches because of some high winds in the game they were not planning on taking many shots down field. With Romo hand less than 100 and the conditions. I disagree with you on flo play and yes I watched the game QB he was left standing on many plays after the throw

Reaction score
CATCH17;2425134 said:
I wish it were.

I agree once again but i said during the week leading up to the game that Kosier was a big lose and once Flo and Kosier get playing time together it will help Flo and this O-line will continue to get consistant!

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425137 said:
According to the coaches because of some high winds in the game they were not planning on taking many shots down field. With Romo hand less than 100 and the conditions. I disagree with you on flo play and yes I watched the game QB he was left standing on many plays after the throw

Nice post! They also didn't want to try a field-goal because of the whirling-winds.