Give the man the talent

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Jan 6, 2020.

1. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,856 Messages
    41,735 Likes Received
    And Garrett couldn't even get to a NFCCG with Tony Romo. He was gifted a franchise qb and did nothing with it.

2. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    2,945 Likes Received
    True!
    Just to add.....

Smith was dealing with an injury and being taken in and out of the lineup by then head coach MIKE NOLAN, Smith played in nine games in his rookie season (2005), recording just one touchdown pass, against the Houston Texans, while throwing 11 interceptions.

nightrain likes this.
  3. aria

aria Well-Known Member

16,488 Messages
    15,747 Likes Received
    Correction. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers won the Super Bowl with 16 guys on IR. I’m afraid we’re about to find out how reliant he was on two of the best QB’s to ever play the game.

I can’t wait to hear how McCarthy wasted one of the most over rated rosters in Cowboys history.

BigTimeBlues likes this.
  4. aria

aria Well-Known Member

16,488 Messages
    15,747 Likes Received
    You realize he had one of the best QB’s to ever play the game his entire HC’ing career, right? AR accomplished more than he did. You also realize that AR literally drew up the play on his hand that ultimately beat us in the playoffs in ‘16, right? You realize we almost beat the Packers in ‘16 due to his conservative play calling in the second half, right?

I’ve never seen a coach do so little with so much. He’s an upgrade over Garrett for sure but his record is extremely misleading if you take into context everything he had.

5. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

16,821 Messages
    14,428 Likes Received
    I doubt jerry ever heard of that 4th rnd pick till he’s told who he’s gonna be
    First rnd or two is fairly easy but by later rnds it’s really tough to have any clue

6. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,470 Messages
    18,595 Likes Received
    Bottom line....He's a real HC. Proven. A SB Champion.

7. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,837 Messages
    20,064 Likes Received
    If you’re not even going to give him a chance then don’t consider not watching, just don’t.

8. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

17,334 Messages
    37,344 Likes Received

lol. Garrett did far less with almost as much, and frankly while having total rosters just as good if not better, Sans the QB.

Your post also includes a few almosts. Nobody cares that they “almost” lost the 2016 game. They didn’t. They went on the road, and beat the #1 seed cowboys team. While having a roster with a slew of injuries.

His team had over 10 players on IR the year they won a super bowl.

And again, there are a ton of really good coaches who have accomplished no more despite having QB’s on the same level as Rodgers. Payton wirh Brees. Tomlin with Ben. Carroll with Russell Wilson.

The narrative that he “didn’t accomplish much” given having an elite QB is nonsense. He accomplished a ton. Other great head coaches haven’t accomplished much more.

remember Dungy with Peyton Manning? Took him a while to only win one Super Bowl too.

Only coach to achieve more is Belichek.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  9. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

10,570 Messages
    11,325 Likes Received
    I’d throw some solid money at Vikings safety Anthony Harris. The dude is an absolute Ball hawk and a UFA. I doubt the Vikings will be able to afford both Smith and him at safety.

10. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

10,480 Messages
    6,692 Likes Received

exactly, where have we heard this before..lol

McCarthy tried to lose that game about 9 times on Sunday, and each time his defense or Rodgers bailed him out. You can tweak him for clock management or call him out for personnel decisions, but my biggest issue with McCarthy is a simple one: He doesn’t coach to win. He coaches not to lose.

11. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

10,480 Messages
    6,692 Likes Received

I think this was one of your favorite lines when. criticizing Garrett...lol

McCarthy tried to lose that game about 9 times on Sunday, and each time his defense or Rodgers bailed him out. You can tweak him for clock management or call him out for personnel decisions, but my biggest issue with McCarthy is a simple one: He doesn’t coach to win. He coaches not to lose.

12. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,856 Messages
    41,735 Likes Received
    So now you're going to become a hater? lol

13. NorTex

NorTex Well-Known Member

1,290 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Exactly! And a huge home field advantage...

14. aria

aria Well-Known Member

16,488 Messages
    15,747 Likes Received
    Haha..delusional homer. Please correct me if I’m wrong, are you saying Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers were equivalent?

And you’re right, no one cares about “almost” yet people consistently bring up his playoff records which is “almost”. I don’t care about how many playoff games he won, would you be content if Garrett won 8 playoff games? No, you would still whine and complain about how he did nothing and wasted a “talented” roster.

Glad you award participation points. When he wins a few playoff games I better not see you crying about how he wasted such a “talented” roster.

15. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

10,480 Messages
    6,692 Likes Received

it's not only Rodgers..lol

blumayne38 likes this.
  16. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

10,480 Messages
    6,692 Likes Received
    I've never hate, what I hate is the ignorance. I'll support McCarthy just as I supported Jason, but don't come in here with that weak stuff you'll cries about with Jason and Mike has been criticized for the same exact thing...lol

17. Fire407

Fire407 Well-Known Member

571 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    The good news about it is that Jerry should have a much shorter leash. McCarthy will either win right away or he'll be gone in three years. Jerry wasted 10 years of talent with Garrett. I think McCarthy will know how to use the talent that we have. Garrett was allowed to fail over and over because he was treated like a son.

aria likes this.
  18. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Well-Known Member

4,394 Messages
    7,262 Likes Received
    Aside from Rodgers, the team this year was by far more talented top to bottom than anything McCarthy had. His defenses were AWFUL and he was using WRs at RB.

BigTimeBlues likes this.
  19. aria

aria Well-Known Member

16,488 Messages
    15,747 Likes Received
    Lol, please. We have a good O line and RB, aside from that this team is extremely over rated.

BigTimeBlues likes this.