Give the money to Foles

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Huh?
Foles is under contract with the Eagles next year? He's not an unrestricted free agent whatsoever.

There is a mutual option for 2019 in Foles' deal. The ball falls in the Eagles' court first. They have the right to extend Foles' contract through 2019 at the price of $20 million, which would become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year. If they choose to exercise that option, Foles has about a week to decide whether he wants to take that payday and remain in Philly next season or void the contract. If he opts to void the contract, Foles would have to give the Eagles $2 million, effectively buying his way into free agency.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...uture-the-contract-potential-suitors-and-more

Proof

Reaction score
lmao foles? Dak isn't the reason we lost. The rams are.When you can shut down the run and THEN run for 10 yards a pop all night, you should win.They deserve it and we need to stop pointing fingers. We have work to do in the trenches in the offseason. It was woeful.

Nick Foles 201 yds 2 picks 1 td. Loss.

The thrill is gone

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You reference an albatross officiating call to downplay Dak? LMMFAOOO HAHAH

Yeah bust open the bank and draft picks for Foles

And I know you're big into breaking down QB play by quarter.

FOLES SCORED 0 POINTS IN THE 2ND, 3RD, AND 4TH QUARTER OF A PLAYOFF GAME PAPPISITA!! ZERO POINTS!!!

YIKES. Not very good under pressure

Foles also threw the INT that shifted the momentum in the Saints favor, when the Eagles were winning 14-0.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Foles is not that great. He had a magical playoff run last year, but that Eagles team was great. People forget that Wentz was a MVP front-runner and the Eagles were the best team in the league before he got injured. Foles was clutch when it mattered most, but let's not act like he's Aaron Rodgers. I wouldn't build a team around a 30 year old Nick Foles.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Foles so it is hard to not agree somewhat. BUT, you really think the Eagles are just going to let him walk out the building as a free agent? The will ask a kings ransom for him, bank it. I wouldn't blame them, heck I would trade Wentz for a couple 1st and make Foles my number 1.

The only way the Eagles can ask for anything for him is if they exercise the option to keep him for another year at $20 million. That's a lot of money for a guy they will look at as a backup, and it's a lot of money to commit to hoping to find a trade partner. You aren't the only one that would consider keeping Foles as the #1, but the reality is the Eagles will not.

kskboys

Reaction score
The only way the Eagles can ask for anything for him is if they exercise the option to keep him for another year at $20 million. That's a lot of money for a guy they will look at as a backup, and it's a lot of money to commit to hoping to find a trade partner. You aren't the only one that would consider keeping Foles as the #1, but the reality is the Eagles will not.
Wentz is better if he can stay on the field.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's certainly the viewpoint the Eagles will have, and had Wentz stayed healthy, many fans that are now on the Foles bandwagon probably would have the same viewpoint. Foles is a popular guy to talk about, but the younger guy with the upside will get the nod.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I like Foles so it is hard to not agree somewhat. BUT, you really think the Eagles are just going to let him walk out the building as a free agent? The will ask a kings ransom for him, bank it. I wouldn't blame them, heck I would trade Wentz for a couple 1st and make Foles my number 1.

But I Think that's the exact point. Jerry is talking about paying Dak top dollar.

if you're going to pay a QB like a Super Bowl Champion, might as well get a Super Bowl champion.

It's very possible Philly is going to let him be a FA. http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...uture-the-contract-potential-suitors-and-more

the cost to do anything else might be too high for them. You can't pay two franchise QB's and expect to win.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Pappy Dog despises that so much, that he starts to make zero sense and defies logic, like blaming Dak because his Oline man wrapped arms around him in an upstanding position and then the Ref decided to call a sack. :rolleyes:

Proof that your hatred of Dak doesn't allow you to be reasonably objective. Even the tweet you posted has the person who tweeted it saying that it was a trash call by the Refs. But, somehow Dak is to blame for the "Sack.":facepalm:
He’s a demented sick man

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Foles won't want to come here. Jerry trashed him on the radio. Besides our money is best spent elsewhere.

If Jerry can talk Bill Parcells into coming here to coach, he can sell anyone anything

If I'm Foles--I'm looking at handing off to Zeke and guys like Cooper, Gallup, etc to throw to?
We sign Foles, we're one DT away from being a super Bowl favorite. Not a contender. A legit favorite.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wince.

tenor.gif

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
But I Think that's the exact point. Jerry is talking about paying Dak top dollar.

if you're going to pay a QB like a Super Bowl Champion, might as well get a Super Bowl champion.

It's very possible Philly is going to let him be a FA. http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...uture-the-contract-potential-suitors-and-more

the cost to do anything else might be too high for them. You can't pay two franchise QB's and expect to win.
Nah Dak deserves top dollar. Took a 3-5 team this far.

Last time we had all our starters healthy for the o-line we were a top 5 ranked offense 1 and a half years in a row with Dak. Now with Amari cooper? And a much improved Gallup?

The future is looking bright

BoysForLife

Reaction score
40 years of selling out your Cowboys at every turn doesn't make you a fan. It makes you a miserable troll.

Right. Guy doesn't like Dak, he's a "miserable troll"

Go to the other threads trashing everyone else in the organization from the O line, to Heath, to the "putrid" defense, to Linehan, to Garrett etc, and that's just being a good conscientious fan.

but if you want Dak gone, you're not tolerated.

Good grief. Get the hell over yourself. People have different opinions. State your case, to the extent taht you have one.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah Dak deserves top dollar. Took a 3-5 team this far.

Last time we hadn’t all our starters healthy for the o-line we were a top 5 ranked offense 1 and a half years in a row with Dak. Now with Amari cooper? And a much improved Gallup?

The future is looking bright

Of course, he was part of the reason they were a 3-5 team. I like Dak, and I would like to think he can take the team all the way, but it would take burying our heads in the sand to not realize there are real doubts about whether he is quite that level. I thought he had a good game Saturday though, he just didn't get help from the running game that is at the core of the offense, or from the defense.