Giveaway / Takeaway Is The Problem

gbrittain

Reaction score
The biggest area of concern that I have for the Cowboys is the Giveaway / Takeaway ratio.

Dallas is currently tied for 27th worst in the league in terms of Giveaway / Takeawa ratio.

The Cowboys are tied with the Bengals, Saints, and Seahawks with a -4 difference only to be out done by the Texans with a -5 difference and a -6 difference by the Lions.

Our victory over the Eagles would have been much more impressive had we had a positive turnover ratio, our loss to the Skins could have been a victory and our win over Cincy becomes much more lopsided without the drama of Cincy having a chance to pull out an upset in the 4th quarter.

I do realize there are various reasons one can attribute the lack of success in this area to, but when or if these numbers improve you will see a very different looking team and if this area does not improve Dallas will struggle at times when they should not and will have a difficult time winning in the playoffs.

gbrittain

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2317183 said:
almost all of this is from tony romo. we already know this.

Not exactly. Part of the equation no doubt, but it can not all be laid at the feet of Romo.

There is this thing called takeaway's in which Dallas is near dead last.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
gbrittain;2317233 said:
Not exactly. Part of the equation no doubt, but it can not all be laid at the feet of Romo.

There is this thing called takeaway's in which Dallas is near dead last.

yea i said almost =) having cb's with the worst hands in the league doesn't help either. pacman really needs to work on this. he has probably the worst hands on the team. so he can catch punts with his body...big deal. he can't catch a pass.