Giving the front office credit

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We can argue about who Dallas should have targeted in free agency, but the team has landed the players it has targeted. The Joneses brought in Thompson, Hurns and Fleming and signed them.

Sydla

Reaction score
We can argue about who Dallas should have targeted in free agency, but the team has landed the players it has targeted. The Joneses brought in Thompson, Hurns and Fleming and signed them.

Thompson isn’t what I would classify as some impressive signing. Fleming and Hurns are nice signings.

They “targeted” Nolan Carroll last year and signed him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I hope this bodes well for any other FAs we choose to bring in. It makes me feel better thinking that if a player is paying us a visit it isn't just to set a base price before going elsewhere for more money.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The FO has been solid for the last few years with the draft, contracts, and free agency.

Playoff wins?

4ea.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
The FO has been solid for the last few years with the draft, contracts, and free agency.

McClay has thumb on what the Cowboys need to do in order to win. He communicates well with Garrett, then scouts and the accountants.

On the 2nd day of FA last year they signed Carroll, Paea and Moore. None of the three made it through October and we have a dead money hit this year for Carroll.

They have not been “solid” in FA in past years.

Hurns would be the first signing I’d consider they made along with Fleming that was smart in a few years. Add Boston and he’d be another solid signing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

We don't know who they targeted and didn't get, or how many other teams were pursuing the guys Dallas signed.

Manufactured optimism doesn't do it for me. Results will tell the story.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Thompson isn’t what I would classify as some impressive signing. Fleming and Hurns are nice signings.

Didn't say it was impressive, just that they brought him in and he didn't choose to go elsewhere. So either he didn't have other offers, he was sold on playing in Dallas or he received a competitive offer from the team.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

This... I'm not ready to proclaim the Jone's great or anything, this is just a step. To me, to be impressive, you need to win Play off games and go the NFC Championship game. Other than that, I'm just waiting.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We don't know who they targeted and didn't get, or how many other teams were pursuing the guys Dallas signed.

Manufactured optimism doesn't do it for me. Results will tell the story.

We know who they brought in for visits. I'm sure there are a lot of players whose agents they spoke to and found out they weren't in the same ballpark.

visionary

Reaction score

Lol, Not even close

They need go address DT 1T, MLB and FS and SS in a meaningful way to have a good off season

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We dont know who they targetted

KDM256

Reaction score
The front office moves they've made thus far has no qualms with me as of now. Overall attitude will be determined after the draft with me.

Only iffy move for me, is tagging Lawrence but I can understand why they went that route. I really like the Hurns addition, just hope he can gel with Dak..

davey999

Reaction score

McClay has thumb on what the Cowboys need to do in order to win. He communicates well with Garrett, then scouts and the accountants.

But it hasn't worked. What am I missing?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
On the 2nd day of FA last year they signed Carroll, Paea and Moore. None of the three made it through October and we have a dead money hit this year for Carroll.

They have not been “solid” in FA in past years.

Hurns would be the first signing I’d consider they made along with Fleming that was smart in a few years. Add Boston and he’d be another solid signing.

Waaaaah! Dead money!!!!

We have an extra million in cap space because we got rid if Carroll.

Stop looking at dead money and ignoring actual savings.