Giving the front office credit

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash, you still whining about Carroll?

He remains a low risk investment regardless of how much you wave your hands and stomp your feet. He was cut like a cheating girlfriend quickly ASAP and the dead money was a whopping $2m. OH NOES!

An epic failure would be something on the high end and rare else you cheapen the concept. An epic fail would be if the Pats had to cut Gilmour and his $40m in guarantees thus eating a $30+m acceleration as that would have been historic. A $2m acceleration is insignificant for all your yelling about it.

I get that you don't like it. Typically playing penny pincher with other people's money is poor form but given the cap I get it. Stephen Jones is a terrible miser and the size of the contracts is not the problem. Pro scouting is another matter. Judd Garrett is the head of pro scouting BTW.

These signings and trades are of the same mold of the Steve-o specials. Low draft picks and low salaries relative to the market are the costs we are spending on. I don't see the problem.

Tell yourself whatever you need to sleep at night Fuzzy, it says obvious you can't handle criticism of "your Cowboys" either.

Second correction.

Judd Garrett was director of Pro Scouting. And he was rightfully demoted. And we now await the day his brother joins him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

That is another thing pretty common amongst degenerate teenagers: they struggle to articulate particularly when they are mad. They hide behind laughs, eye rolls, and similar body language. All smilie posts are a good analog of that.

If you want to portray yourself as an angry child you are doing an excellent job.

Blake

Reaction score
That is another thing pretty common amongst degenerate teenagers: they struggle to articulate particularly when they are mad. They hide behind laughs, eye rolls, and similar body language. All smilie posts are a good analog of that.

If you want to portray yourself as an angry child you are doing an excellent job.

Lol, I see you're obsessed with me because I mocked your pretentious laughing emoticon charade.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Tell yourself whatever you need to sleep at night Fuzzy, it says obvious you can't handle criticism of "your Cowboys" either.

Second correction.

Judd Garrett was director of Pro Scouting. And he was rightfully demoted. And we now await the day his brother joins him.

Well then that is good then right?

And you really don't argue anything I say. You might as well have said that you don't agree simply as opposed to the erroneous characterization. Did I or did I not criticize the Cowboys pro scouting, Stash?

We both know I have criticized Garrett's coaching too. What I don't do is the all bad or all good oversimplifications nor the worst of all time hyperbole that we see you going with here.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Lol, I see you're obsessed with me because I mocked your pretentious laughing emoticon charade.

Oh I am just so obsessed. :rolleyes: I guess that is interesting in that it is important to you. Little else though.

You are making my point about struggling to articulate. Doing so after the fact means what I said got through to you at least.

And what is pretentious? I actually was laughing over what I typed. All I get from your flail here is that it made you mad so you wanted to do it back at me like a reactionary child. That is similar to your angry reaction to Amber.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well then that is good then right?

And you really don't argue anything I say. You might as well have said that you don't agree simply as opposed to the erroneous characterization. Did I or did I not criticize the Cowboys pro scouting, Stash?

We both know I have criticized Garrett's coaching too. What I don't do is the all bad or all good oversimplifications nor the worst of all time hyperbole that we see you going with here.

No, I point out your multiple inaccuracies and attempted misrepresentation of facts.

You didn't have your act together about Carroll, but sure try to twist it up to where it's "$2 million" instead of the actual $4 million he cost, maybe nobody will notice?

And then drop Judd Garrett's name like you know what you're talking about. When again, you don't.

As long as you make the mistakes, I'll correct em.

$4 million for one game is a ******* joke. Whatever team does it. I guarantee you'd be ripping any other team a new one, but it's a different story for some people when it's the Cowboys. Because they're too sensitive to handle it. Not everyone is.

Blake

Reaction score
Oh I am just so obsessed. All I get from your flail here is that it made you mad .

:laugh:This is the scenario that you constructed in your sad, narcissistic and obtuse mind?.

Go on. I'm listening. This is comedy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, I point out your multiple inaccuracies and attempted misrepresentation of facts.

You didn't have your act together about Carroll, but sure try to twist it up to where it's "$2 million" instead of the actual $4 million he cost, maybe nobody will notice?

And then drop Judd Garrett's name like you know what you're talking about. When again, you don't.

As long as you make the mistakes, I'll correct em.

$4 million for one game is a ******* joke. Whatever team does it. I guarantee you'd be ripping any other team a new one, but it's a different story for some people when it's the Cowboys. Because they're too sensitive to handle it. Not everyone is.

The dead money was $2m. That is all that matters now. I get that you are trying to make seem as bad as possible to justify your emotion but the dead money is what is important.

And you are fixating on me and missing the point. Judd Garrett being demoted is a good thing. I know you want to turn this into a pissing contest but your correction was the front office made a move you support to shore up the issue you are complaining about.

You are missing the forest for the tree.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The dead money was $2m. That is all that matters now. I get that you are trying to make seem as bad as possible to justify your emotion but the dead money is what is important.

Bull****. I'm the guy being accurate here. Genuine. That's "all that matters". The team wasted $4 million on Nolan Carroll. Claiming $2 million is disingenuous at the least deceitful at best. You know it, I know it.

And you are fixating on me and missing the point. Judd Garrett being demoted is a good thing. I know you want to turn this into a pissing contest but your correction was the front office made a move you support to shore up the issue you are complaining about.

You are missing the forest for the tree.

No I'm focusing on "the tree" that chimes in while not knowing what he's taking about.

Any correction after a mistake doesn't erase the fact that they made the mistake. Unlike you, I can still see it and still admit it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:laugh:This is the scenario that you constructed in your sad, narcissistic and obtuse mind?.

Go on. I'm listening. This is comedy.

I constructed? You posted a wall of smilies and are spewing angry ad hominem after ad hominem. You constructed it, child.

The whole narcissism thing is interesting. First, it came out of left field completely on your own and second, a narcissist doesn't come out to defend others like I did here with Amber.

A common trait in narcissists is the reaction that they have to criticism. They go in all out attack mode flailing and projecting about anything they can come up with when presented with it much as you are doing here.

Now claiming someone has a an antisocial personality disorder over the interwebs is just stupid psychobabble but your ego does appear to be as big as it is unjustified.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bull****. I'm the guy being accurate here. Genuine. That's "all that matters". The team wasted $4 million on Nolan Carroll. Claiming $2 million is disingenuous at the least deceitful at best. You know it, I know it.

No I'm focusing on "the tree" that chimes in while not knowing what he's taking about.

Any correction after a mistake doesn't erase the fact that they made the mistake. Unlike you, I can still see it and still admit it.

The population of Amarillo is 199,582. That is accurate too. It's also insignificant to the discussion at hand.

The only amount that matter is what is accounted now ie the $2m in dead money that is counting against the cap. What we spent last year is inconsequential. You are complaining about something that makes no difference.

I never siad that Carroll wasn't a mistake. I am just pointing out that is was a small risk signing and that has born out with the minimal cap impact it's having today. You characterized it as epic remember?

Blake

Reaction score
I constructed? You posted a wall of smilies and are spewing angry ad hominem after ad hominem. You constructed it, child.

The whole narcissism thing is interesting. First, it came out of left field completely on your own and second, a narcissist doesn't come out to defend others like I did here with Amber.

A common trait in narcissists is the reaction that they have to criticism. They go in all out attack mode flailing and projecting about anything they can come up with when presented with it much as you are doing here.

Now claiming someone has a an antisocial personality disorder over the interwebs is just stupid psychobabble but your ego does appear to be as big as it is unjustified.

Oh. I see. You're one of those "know-it-alls" that feels compelled to give textbook explanations that no one asked, or cares for.

I'm cool as a cucumber my friend. I'm assuming we're friends now seeing as you've taken such a vested interest in me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The population of Amarillo is 199,582. That is accurate too. It's also insignificant to the discussion at hand.

What a clever diversion!

The only amount that matter is what is accounted now ie the $2m in dead money that is counting against the cap. What we spent last year is inconsequential. You are complaining about something that makes no difference.

Bull****. Complete and utter bull****. Yiu want to try to play with the numbers so that this turd stinks just a little bit less. And I will call you on it. Neither yiu nor anyone she is getting away the shenanigans here. If they don't drop $4 million on that bum, they can roll it over into this year's cap. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it, it's all connected. It was $4 million down the drain, nobody cares how it was split up. The money can be carried over, unless it's wasted on scrubs.

I never siad that Carroll wasn't a mistake. I am just pointing out that is was a small risk signing and that has born out with the minimal cap impact it's having today. You characterized it as epic remember?

And it was. You want to do something useful? Go and tell us the last team to give a player $4 million for one game! Then get back to me about how this wasn't an epic failure.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Oh. I see. You're one of those "know-it-alls" that feels compelled to give textbook explanations that no one asked, or cares for.

I'm cool as a cucumber my friend. I'm assuming we're friends now seeing as you've taken such a vested interest in me.

So you give out steady vitriol unemotionally? That is not a good thing, chachi.

And now you here you are again putting stock into me responding to you on a public forum. Strange.

I'm sorry that my ability to recall what I learned in a pysch survey course years and years ago bothers you. It apparently bothers you so much that you start making claims about others to bolster your position. That is a sure sign of weakness.

You should care about what makes someone a narcissist given that you called me one. All you do here is point out how you are using terms that you have no idea what they mean. Thanks for making that clear for our audience.

And it should be noted how you have no argument to refute how the term applies to what you are doing here in this thread.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What a clever diversion!

Bull****. Complete and utter bull****. Yiu want to try to play with the numbers so that this turd stinks just a little bit less. And I will call you on it. Neither yiu nor anyone she is getting away the shenanigans here. If they don't drop $4 million on that bum, they can roll it over into this year's cap. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it, it's all connected. It was $4 million down the drain, nobody cares how it was split up. The money can be carried over, unless it's wasted on scrubs.

And it was. You want to do something useful? Go and tell us the last team to give a player $4 million for one game! Then get back to me about how this wasn't an epic failure.

It's not a diversion. It illustrated the point I was making.

Sure the money could be carried over but you wanted them to spend that money on a corner that could play no?

I am actually looking at the cost benefit analysis and actual accounting. The difference between what you wanted and what we got was $2m in dead money this year. And that extra $2m makes exactly what difference, stash? Well besides your outrage.

And what is actually bull**** without any basis whatsoever is your claim that it was an epic mistake.

Blake

Reaction score
I'm sorry that my ability to recall what I learned in a pysch survey course years and years ago bothers you. It apparently bothers you so much that you start making claims about others to bolster your position. .

So, your psych survey course stated that: "They go in all out attack mode flailing and projecting about anything they can come up with when presented with it much as you are doing here." ?
That is a very imprecise definition, and it's hilarious that you're so proud of "recalling" it. :lmao2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So, your psych survey course stated that: "They go in all out attack mode flailing and projecting about anything they can come up with when presented with it much as you are doing here." ?
That is a very imprecise definition, and it's hilarious that you're so proud of "recalling" it. :lmao2:

That is just poor reading skills and retention on your part, child. Well that is unless you think that is an example of your "know it all text book" whine.

Try the sentence before.

Blake

Reaction score
That is just poor reading skills and retention on your part, child. Well that is unless you think that is an example of your "know it all text book" whine.

Try the sentence before.

Yes, the "common trait of a narcissist bit". That's exactly what I was referring to friend.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a diversion. It illustrated the point I was making.

Sure the money could be carried over but you wanted them to spend that money on a corner that could play no?

And instead, $4 million was waste on someone who couldn't. That's the point. And those are the facts. No sugar-coating it, no minimizing it, and no sweeping it under the rug.

I am actually looking at the cost benefit analysis and actual accounting. The difference between what you wanted and what we got was $2m in dead money this year. And that extra $2m makes exactly what difference, stash? Well besides your outrage.

And what is actually bull**** without any basis whatsoever is your claim that it was an epic mistake.

$4 million reinforces it. $3 million to sign and a $1 million first year salary.

Save the bull**** math for the suckers.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And instead, $4 million was waste on someone who couldn't. That's the point. And those are the facts. No sugar-coating it, no minimizing it, and no sweeping it under the rug.

$4 million reinforces it. $3 million to sign and a $1 million first year salary.

Save the bull**** math for the suckers.

And the difference between hitting and missing on the contract for this years cap is what?

Sorry stash but they were going to sign a corner and all that Carroll counts against the cap is $2m in dead money. That is the actual difference for all your anger.

Again what is "bull****" is your characterization that is was "epic." And that goes either way.