Giving the front office credit

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You can gave your own personal bias against the guy, but that doesn't mean he didn't play well while he was here. He did.

And a fan can and will tell themselves anything to justify why their team did or didn't acquire a player. Or retain them.

Fact is that Cooper played well. Well enough to more than double his income.
Sure, whatever you say.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You're such a weirdo and a tool. When are you going to drop this "thumb sucking" obsession with calling everyone that makes you butt-hurt a whiner. You by far are proving to be the lowest IQ poster on this board.
Your post is another notch to add to my collection.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
LOL at the argument of just where on the failure scale Carrroll's signing lands. Great entertainment on a slow day.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We can argue about who Dallas should have targeted in free agency, but the team has landed the players it has targeted. The Joneses brought in Thompson, Hurns and Fleming and signed them.
I'm a McClay believer. The rest of em? Blah

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah "lol" is so much better!

No comparison to what is being discussed here. Not even close. Your obvious struggles are only growing.

$4 million for one game in return is an epic failure. Type until your fingers bleed.

Is that all you've got now? You're going to resort to the number of snaps the bum played? Again, your utter desperation is clear.

I'm not using lol to claim I made a point - well, except to make the point that I'm laughing at the fact you seem to somehow think emojis and bold letters have anything to do with the content of what you are saying.

You've said all this before, and I've made my point, so if you can't agree to disagree, then you can keep repeating yourself and using bold print and posting emojis from now until the cows come home, and you will be wasting your time. To me you are exaggerating and latching on to today's overuse and misuse of the word "epic", but I accept that we won't see eye to eye on that either. Me repeating myself and you repeating yourself won't make a difference, so lets agree to stop doing it.

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
Yes it’s a thankless job putting the habitual complainers like you.

Yea... that made no sense. Perhaps the special protective helmet is constricting blood flow to your tiny brain.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Did you convince yourself? First off, I don’t support everything the FO does. Not even close. But i also see the positives which you are incapable of because of your blind hate. Is it painful for you to give them any credit for signing Hurns and the others? I suggest you root for the Eagles. You seem to be that type of fan
And you're the type of fan that Jerry Jones likes, kiss up and smooch every little thing he does.

jnday

Reaction score
Any anger these days should be directed at Stephen IMO. I think Jerry has relinquished almost total control to his son. I think he rarely gets involved in personnel decisions these days. Things have gotten better since the 8-8 days whether you want to believe it or not so the arrow is pointing up. IMO.
Yes, 9-7 is so much better. Those 8-8 days are long gone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know if the contract is final or not. I saw some posts talking about them getting him signed on a more favorable contract than the poster would have guessed, but I haven't read the story yet.

In any case, I'm not saying he solves all O-line problems. If he starts, we still have a depth issue, and if he is the swing tackle, we still have to find a starter at OG or RT. I understand his name wasn't written in ink all year as the starter, but like you said, he held is own the games he started and played, including in the playoffs and Super Bowl, and he has started an average of 6 games for the Pats each of the last 3 years. Considering the Cowboys already have an O-Line full of All-Pros, it's not necessary that the team have another player of that caliber to have a strong O-line.

And in any case, it was wrong for the other poster to call him a scrub. It seems his belief is either a player is a star or a scrub, without there being levels in between.

Backups are scrubs in my opinion. To date, other then Hurns we have signed backups. Now can the tackle start for us and be quality? That remains to be seen. But that question wont be answered until into the season. Im not one of these guys that thinks just because we signed someone that automatically a hole is filled. That rarely happens.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can gave your own personal bias against the guy, but that doesn't mean he didn't play well while he was here. He did.

And a fan can and will tell themselves anything to justify why their team did or didn't acquire a player. Or retain them.

Fact is that Cooper played well. Well enough to more than double his income.

Um no, Cooper did NOT play well enough. If he had, then he would still be here. Cooper is a scrub.

But isnt it ironic that Cooper played well in your mind, but Dak sucks. Hilarious. :lmao::lmao2:

Talk about biased. Romo isnt coming back my man. Time to stop crying about it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah "lol" is so much better!

No comparison to what is being discussed here. Not even close. Your obvious struggles are only growing.

$4 million for one game in return is an epic failure. Type until your fingers bleed.

Is that all you've got now? You're going to resort to the number of snaps the bum played? Again, your utter desperation is clear.

Stash, you still whining about Carroll?

He remains a low risk investment regardless of how much you wave your hands and stomp your feet. He was cut like a cheating girlfriend quickly ASAP and the dead money was a whopping $2m. OH NOES!

An epic failure would be something on the high end and rare else you cheapen the concept. An epic fail would be if the Pats had to cut Gilmour and his $40m in guarantees thus eating a $30+m acceleration as that would have been historic. A $2m acceleration is insignificant for all your yelling about it.

I get that you don't like it. Typically playing penny pincher with other people's money is poor form but given the cap I get it. Stephen Jones is a terrible miser and the size of the contracts is not the problem. Pro scouting is another matter. Judd Garrett is the head of pro scouting BTW.

These signings and trades are of the same mold of the Steve-o specials. Low draft picks and low salaries relative to the market are the costs we are spending on. I don't see the problem.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You're such a weirdo and a tool. When are you going to drop this "thumb sucking" obsession with calling everyone that makes you butt-hurt a whiner. You by far are proving to be the lowest IQ poster on this board.

Maturity smack and mindless flails? He doesn't like the pessimism and goes after malcontents. Frankly if you are going to go for intelligence smack you shouldn't be obtuse to that dynamic. It makes you look kinda "low IQ" to miss something that is so obvious.

Blake

Reaction score
Maturity smack and mindless flails? He doesn't like the pessimism and goes after malcontents. Frankly if you are going to go for intelligence smack you shouldn't be obtuse to that dynamic. It makes you look kinda "low IQ" to miss something that is so obvious.

Not obtuse to the dynamic. I get his angle. It's still borne out of a degenerate mindset.

Maybe you're obtuse in assuming I don't get his shtick.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not obtuse to the dynamic. I get his angle. It's still borne out of a degenerate mindset.

Maybe you're obtuse in assuming I don't get his shtick.

:laugh:degenerate. Pessimism combined with vengeful anger that you display actually meets that standard, chachi. You don't see degenerate teenagers encouraging optimism. You do see them do what you are doing though.

Your post was obtuse to the dynamic and ignoring the dynamic was at best gratuitous. You really just come across as mad flailing back at him because you don't like him calling out your pessimism. It's reactionary, juvenile drivel.

Blake

Reaction score
:laugh:degenerate. Pessimism combined with vengeful anger that you display actually meets that standard, chachi.

Your post was obtuse to the dynamic and ignoring it was at best gratuitous. You really just come across as mad flailing back at it because you don't like him calling out your pessimism. It's reactionary drivel.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Um no, Cooper did NOT play well enough. If he had, then he would still be here. Cooper is a scrub.

But isnt it ironic that Cooper played well in your mind, but Dak sucks. Hilarious. :lmao::lmao2:

Talk about biased. Romo isnt coming back my man. Time to stop crying about it.

Are you taking to the right guy?

Maybe you meant to quote someone else?
:huh: