GM Jerry Jones heard your concerns, hard at work tonight

MojaveJT

Reaction score
WTH does Jerry see in Dak that has him so enamored? The dumb old man actually thinks Dak will win multiple Super Bowls.

Seriously. He has one more frickin year under contract. See what Dak is really like under Moore. If he’s amazing, by all means pay the man. If he sucks anus, you got a good QB class in 2020. I just don’t get the rush to sign this guy.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Find me a man who wants to win more than him.

D10hNgwWkAEwEK9.jpg

They look like custom depends!!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't play it so let me know if I'm wrong here.

They're on the phones with Seattle trying to work out a deal and bring ET home?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Seriously. He has one more frickin year under contract. See what Dak is really like under Moore. If he’s amazing, by all means pay the man. If he sucks anus, you got a good QB class in 2020. I just don’t get the rush to sign this guy.

All the same, I would like for us to get him some more talent at wide receiver. if I might venture it go so far as to say I wouldn't mind taking a look to see if we can get Dez Bryant back. I dare say that Bryant would his best season here with the receivers we have now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I bet Jerry accidently puts his boxers on outside of his pats, all the time.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
All the same, I would like for us to get him some more talent at wide receiver. if I might venture it go so far as to say I wouldn't mind taking a look to see if we can get Dez Bryant back. I dare say that Bryant would his best season here with the receivers we have now.

Agreed. I think he could do quite well by not being the #1 receiver. He’d flourish from the slot, IMO.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Just realized he's talking to my buddy Ray Mancini (our kids went to school and played basketball together, Ray and I played softball together for several years). I haven't seen for a few years, he's getting old.

Sounds like you live in my neck of the woods.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Used to love that man, now I can't stand to look at his smug face, the worst GM in the history of the NFL

Used to at least be a great owner, though, in the sense that he would pay what it took to secure the players he wanted. GM Jerry has killed owner Jerry.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agreed. I think he could do quite well by not being the #1 receiver. He’d flourish from the slot, IMO.

not only that but he would no longer be the person drawing the double coverage because defences can't possibly a double coverage on three different receivers. And we do know that Jerry Jones does like they bring back people if he can I think that Dez Bryant is possibly able to be brought back. Oh how I would love to see him with Cooper and Gallup together that would be a special special on offense. Especially when you factor in Witten being back and Dak continuing to develop. I think we would go from a very good offense to an extraordinary offense. And then you factor in Wilson and other receivers we would have this would be possibly one of the best receiving corps in the NFL in my view. I don't reckon that Dez Bryant would cause much trouble at all. I do hope we at least explore this idea and I can't imagine that his Achilles would give him that much trouble at this time considering that it's been a bit of a while he'd have a full offseason to test it out and get into playing shape.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And some people still believe him when he talks.........his actions are 180 degrees opposite of what his blabbering mouth spits out.

Sure he’s a salesman and promoter, and as such you have to be careful he isn’t blowing smoke up your backside, but regarding the Cowboys he said their focus is signing their own guys. Isn’t that true?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

plus what would be nice is if we can create a rotation our receiving corps. that way we are even less predictable because you don't know where our receivers are going to line up on a given play you might have Cooper went up on the outside with Gallup and Dez in the slot. On another play we could end up putting gallop into the slot and Dez on the outside. On another plate we could end up putting Wilson in with Austin. so by having Dez Bryant back and not having to worry about him being at the number one receiver we could really do a lot of damage to opposing teams. And Dak Prescott would have a rare luxury of at least 3 top receivers and two quite good ones.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Jerry smiles at the camera with that sales pitch smile and wink, I always think four things:

1. I think to check in my back pocket to make sure my wallet is still there.

2. I Wonder how anyone could still think this guy is serious about winning anything other than another billion dollars from suckers everywhere.

3. I become even more resolute to love my favorite team enough to continue calling out this guy’s lack of results for 23 years and counting.

4. If we are going to win a SB anytime soon- or even get to a another SB...It will probably happen with the miracle assistance and good fortune of “Miss Lady Luck”, or the “Broken Clock is right twice a day” theory. Because when considering why we have won 3 playoff games in 23 years, look no further than the guy promoting tonight’s next boxing match. He IS THE PROBLEM.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Just realized he's talking to my buddy Ray Mancini (our kids went to school and played basketball together, Ray and I played softball together for several years). I haven't seen for a few years, he's getting old.

Ray " boom boom " Mancini?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
plus what would be nice is if we can create a rotation our receiving corps. that way we are even less predictable because you don't know where our receivers are going to line up on a given play you might have Cooper went up on the outside with Gallup and Dez in the slot. On another play we could end up putting gallop into the slot and Dez on the outside. On another plate we could end up putting Wilson in with Austin. so by having Dez Bryant back and not having to worry about him being at the number one receiver we could really do a lot of damage to opposing teams. And Dak Prescott would have a rare luxury of at least 3 top receivers and two quite good ones.

oh, of course this could be just rambling for me and just things I'm thinking off the top of my head

ksadler1

Reaction score
Just for fun, I'd like to see what all the other owners are doing right now during the FA period. I seriously doubt any of them are promoting another sport. I'm surprised Jerry couldn't get a more lucrative deal from Barnum and Bailey when naming his circus . . . um, stadium . . .