Video: GMFB-Nate Burleson:How good can Cowboys offense be under new Offensive Coordinator

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Moore Betta Offense!!! I heard the new kid Pollard called Kellen a genius. Considering that nothing about Linehans offense last year looked intelligent that was good to hear IMO.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
With the new offense they’re putting in, the continued maturation of Dak, the addition of Cooper and Gallup (who are both better than any WR on that 2016 team IMO) and the serious depth on the OL... I feel strongly that the offense is going to be a very tricky proposition for defenses to stop. I think the team will be very good offensively.

If the defense continues to grow, teams better look out.
I wanna believe the same thing too but I have a hard time believing JG won't get an itch to screw it up and get involved. Kellen is so new as well so it may come to a point where he has to receive help from the only person on the team who has experience calling offensive plays and that is JG, which like I said - spells trouble

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Lol this is such crap. The kid is Linehans sex slave it is going to look eerily similar. He has only spent 1 year in the NFL away from linehan. I'll wait until I see changes to believe it. Dont drink the kool aid
I too am very cautious about Moore.

Remember..

this is the same coaching staff that thought Brandon Weeden threw the prettiest pass they had ever seen.

They are also the same staff that hired the OL coach only to fire him mid-season.

Also the same one that said we did not need a #1 WR then ate their words and traded for Cooper.

They can say all they want about why they made the decision to make Moore the OC.

But this had better work or it is going to cause a lot of late night oil to be burned.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Remember..

this is the same coaching staff that thought Brandon Weeden threw the prettiest pass they had ever seen.

They are also the same staff that hired the OL coach only to fire him mid-season.

Also the same one that said we did not need a #1 WR then ate their words and traded for Cooper.

They can say all they want about why they made the decision to make Moore the OC.

But this had better work or it is going to cause a lot of late night oil to be burned.
Yup all of that is spot on. How people can have any faith in this staff on both sides of the ball is a complete mystery

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do believe Moore will make the offense better but I also believe we are going to need to let him get through the learning curve and over some bumps any new coach would have. This is also going to depend on the progress of Williams and health of Yosemite.

I like him as the OC because in order for him to have been successful as a QB, he had to beat them with his mind because he didn't have the arm. In that regard, I always thought Bernie Kosar would have been a good coach.

That said, it will come down to the execution. They can have mismatches and motion but the play's have to be made.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yup all of that is spot on. How people can have any faith in this staff on both sides of the ball is a complete mystery
Yep.

Every time I start getting excited about this team..

they do an about face and things change.

I think that at some point we are going to run out of money to pay this team.

Will we have a title by then?

Eh knee meany miney moe...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Remember..

Not coaching staff, GM on the bold. He's the one that said that. The coaching staff was trying to keep Weeden and Cassell from doing any damage.

I'd like to know who thought they could make do with that group of WR's after the QB struggled the last half of 2017.

I think the reason that Moore is the OC is because of the voices in Booger's ear. Moore's stock as an offensive mind is high with a lot of people in the game and it's a risk turning over the O to a young inexperienced OC but that's what Booger lives for because the reward is greater than the risk and I don't know if you guys have noticed but other than in this forum, there isn't this negative vibe on Moore, just the opposite.

And the bottom line is if this doesn't work, so what? The owner going to fire the GM?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not coaching staff, GM on the bold. He's the one that said that. The coaching staff was trying to keep Weeden and Cassell from doing any damage.

I'd like to know who thought they could make do with that group of WR's after the QB struggled the last half of 2017.

I think the reason that Moore is the OC is because of the voices in Booger's ear. Moore's stock as an offensive mind is high with a lot of people in the game and it's a risk turning over the O to a young inexperienced OC but that's what Booger lives for because the reward is greater than the risk and I don't know if you guys have noticed but other than in this forum, there isn't this negative vibe on Moore, just the opposite.

And the bottom line is if this doesn't work, so what? The owner going to fire the GM?
I think Jerrah goes after Sean Payton hot and heavy.

Payton has a very big payday coming.

Fire407

Reaction score
I wanna believe the same thing too but I have a hard time believing JG won't get an itch to screw it up and get involved. Kellen is so new as well so it may come to a point where he has to receive help from the only person on the team who has experience calling offensive plays and that is JG, which like I said - spells trouble
I think you're right. You know that they will keep the offense vanilla during preseason, so when they do spring it at the beginning of the regular season there could be a learning curve. If the players don't quite have the timing down and they struggle during the first half of the opening game, I could easily see Garrett trying to dumb it down from that point on, because he has had some limited success with the dumbed down offense.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
"Fans that want creativity. If you want the offense to looked like Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs and Goff and Rams, you're going to get that."

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I firmly believe that the player talent IS and HAS BEEN there. And only mediocre, unimaginative, uninspired coaching has held that talent back from being everything they can be.

I hope he does, time will tell, I just hope carrot top does not frustrate his vision.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m enjoying the positive vibes but we’ve semi been through this before. We will see how much JG can let go of his old school O! He needs to orbit it could be it. If Moore gets a long leash I’m positive

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I do believe Moore will make the offense better but I also believe we are going to need to let him get through the learning curve and over some bumps any new coach would have. This is also going to depend on the progress of Williams and health of Yosemite.

I like him as the OC because in order for him to have been successful as a QB, he had to beat them with his mind because he didn't have the arm. In that regard, I always thought Bernie Kosar would have been a good coach.

That said, it will come down to the execution. They can have mismatches and motion but the play's have to be made.
My bigger concern is the lack of practice in game situations.

If you assume most of any new wrinkles will wait until September..

then that leaves us to have to shake down the offense in games.

If it stalls..

the defense will not stop what will be coming.