Video: GMFB Thinks Abram is Our Guy at 58

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love really good safety play and I feel like a very good SS who is smart, takes good angles (something Dallas has lacked for years) and is a really good tackler can very much help the Dallas defense. I think Abram could do everything you’d want out of a SS and would make a big difference in the defense.

Abram’s alpha dog mentality and his excitement out on the field is contagious to the rest of the defense, and frankly, is something the Dallas defense could use more of. I love him for Dallas.

I would like an elite, playmaking FS but Dallas isn’t getting someone like that in this draft... particularly without a first round pick.

As for Rapp... I probably like him more than most. He’s one of the better tacklers you’ll ever see at Safety and while his 40 time is pedestrian, his 3-cone was the fastest of all safety prospects at the combine and his shuttle time was the third fastest. He’s got athleticism. It’s just his long speed that isn’t good.

His movement skills are really good and you combine that with his superior instincts and feel for the position, and it is easy to see why he looked so good playing the game at Washington. The guy is just a football player, and a really smart, tough one at that.

Having said all of that, it does concern me some that he timed in the 4.7’s in the 40.

If he ends up in Dallas, I’d be fine with it... but I like Abram better and really would like for him to be the pick.
Thank you for this post. I think Abram is a ready to fire spark-plug of a safety like Landon. With him, it would give Coach Richard his Chancellor 2.0 to better this 3rd level. Outside of Abram, I'm having a hard time feeling good about any safety coming in and being effective their 1st/2nd year. Like you said, to get an elite FS, they rarely come "ready-made" after the 1st round. The ELITE FS are a rare breed and don't seem valuable to teams anymore.

817Gill

Reaction score
I disagree. I see it completely opposite. think we need to upgrade SS and Woods is good (and will get batter) at FS. I have issues with Woods tackling near the line.
Haha you’re right the guy who said Woods is a SS must not have seen the 7 safety threads breaking down which one of our safeties plays where and what they do well.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Thank you for this post. I think Abram is a ready to fire spark-plug of a safety like Landon. With him, it would give Coach Richard his Chancellor 2.0 to better this 3rd level. Outside of Abram, I'm having a hard time feeling good about any safety coming in and being effective their 1st/2nd year. Like you said, to get an elite FS, they rarely come "ready-made" after the 1st round. The ELITE FS are a rare breed and don't seem valuable to teams anymore.

Agreed. I think if we get Abram, not only does he start day 1, but he is a top 10 SS by the end of the year. The other guys? I am not 100% they make that impact from day 1 or even year 1.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Abram is the guy I want to end up in Dallas the most. Alpha dog who would raise the play of the whole secondary, if not the whole defense.

He won’t make it to 58 though. I’d love a move up to get him but they can’t give up too much.

He’s a really, really good player and would be ideal at SS in Dallas.

Good to see you again **, haven't seen you posting in awhile.

I would LOVE Abram!!!

Dude is legit as they come. Plus he is a family guy, has a wife and daughter. The fact that he has been researching schools in the Dallas area for his daughter has me very excited, we must have told him that we will take him if he is there at 58. The big question is "will he be there"?

I think we might have to trade up for this guy, but as long as its not too expensive, it would be worth it. He would be the best safety we have had in literally forever.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He would have to change his number so its not happening .

That and he wont be there.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If Abram is looking at schools that means he's going to Dallas, right?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I have Abram long gone I have him in the 20s. Right now I’m starting to wonder if Juan is going to be there I hear he is climbing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I have Abram long gone I have him in the 20s. Right now I’m starting to wonder if Juan is going to be there I hear he is climbing.
off today so digging through mock drafts and i just don't see him going deep in the 2nd yet.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It actually might be worth it to me to give up the third and second both for a significant upgrade at Safety. If we could Demarcus Lawrence that position and add a DT and a RB in the fourth....? I think I’d be ok.

You never combine picks in the first 3 rounds.You try to have many of them.

Draft is more luck then knowledge. You beat luck by probability.

Some years ago there was a good article about that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You never combine picks in the first 3 rounds.You try to have many of them.

Draft is more luck then knowledge. You beat luck by probability.

Some years ago there was a good article about that.

Yeah, I get that. It ratchets up the risk. But I’d like that S position filled, and if the right guy is in reach I’d still consider it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I agree on the playmaker... but I don’t think they’re looking for a FS in this draft, although I could be wrong.

They want their Chancellor type guy.
But woods aint it either. I want a guy that can cover and come down and tackle.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
hope so.
among all those S's we're lookin at...he is my favorite.
Thornhill and CGJ 2a and 2b.
Im liking Thornhill there as well, maybe even Thompson, but Thompson might be there with the 3rd round pic.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He apparently has been working out in the Dallas area and has been inquiring about school systems in the area for his young daughter...

Thoughts?

If he makes it there.

I have a horrible vision where the Cowboys have a designated backup in the event of an emergency in the war room. The backup is Bryan Broaddus and everyone in the war room is overcome with toxic fumes.

The Cowboys pick comes up and Broaddus picks Abram despite the fact the Pats had already picked him in the 1st.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have a horrible vision where the Cowboys have a designated backup in the event of an emergency in the war room. The backup is Bryan Broaddus and everyone in the war room is overcome with toxic fumes.

The Cowboys pick comes up and Broaddus picks Abram despite the fact the Pats had already picked him in the 1st.
DtOP9MWU8AIXV3X.jpg

jay94

Reaction score
0 chance at 58 look at this
  • ESPN.com's Mel Kiper Jr: Round 1, pick 25 (Philadelphia Eagles)
  • ESPN.com's Todd McShay: Round 1, pick 26 (Indianapolis Colts)
  • ESPN.com's Daniel Jeremiah: Round 1, pick 26 (Indianapolis Colts)
  • ESPN.com's Chad Reuter: Round 1, pick 30 (Green Bay Packers)
  • CBS Sports' Jared Dubin: Round 1, pick 25 (Philadelphia Eagles)
https://www.clarionledger.com/story...ppi-prospects-projected-nfl-draft/3498073002/

Beaker42

Reaction score
Wouldn't it shock people if we draft a box safety, and Heath moves back to free deep safety and x woods becomes backup safety and extra slot corner.....where he actually did very well 2 years ago

And Heath once again leads team in picks to top it off
The ONLY way Heath could surprise me is by not totally sucking when he’s on the field. So yeah, I don’t plan on him surprising me.