Video: GMFB Thinks Abram is Our Guy at 58

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You and me both man.

I didn’t hate him, I just worried about his ability to take on and shed blocks. I liked his smarts and his crazy athleticism.

But I probably wouldn’t have drafted him, so, yeah I was wrong about him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQJr. thinks it's Joejuan Williams is the pick. I think it's an Edge Rusher if one is there or a DT. I guess we'll see.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Me too. I've been pretty spot on lately. But I did want Manziel too so........lol
Talent wise Manziel made alot of sense at that spot for us at the time. His game was that of a top 5 pick. Had to work on passing from the pocket some, but it look like something he could improve.

kskboys

Reaction score
Talent wise Manziel made alot of sense at that spot for us at the time. His game was that of a top 5 pick. Had to work on passing from the pocket some, but it look like something he could improve.
I don't think so. It was well known that Johnny was a partier and wasn't much for the film room, relying instead on his natural playmaking ability and legs. That type of player at Qb simply does not work out. His scouting report read like more of a 3rd/4th round talent.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Thanks for making me feel better lol.

Sydla

Reaction score

I quibble with this.

His game wasn't top 5. He was an energizer bunny on steroids in college, running around and chucking the ball up all over the field. People tried to make a Baker Mayfield comparison but Mayfield was a far more polished QB than Manziel.

There was no way Manziel would succeed in the NFL as undisciplined a QB as he was.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Broaddus seems to think the Colts won't let him go.

The Colts. With DC Matt Eberflus. The Rod Marinelli understudy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me too. I've been pretty spot on lately. But I did want Manziel too so........lol
You and me both man.

I didn’t hate him, I just worried about his ability to take on and shed blocks. I liked his smarts and his crazy athleticism.

But I probably wouldn’t have drafted him, so, yeah I was wrong about him.

Hennessy: I seem to recall debating about Vander Esch with you last year.

Asthma: I loved the idea of drafting Vander Esch almost as much as wanted to draft Aaron Donald in 2014.

In 2014 I hated the idea of drafting Manziel.

Disclosure: I was excited when they drafted AOA in the 4th round of the 2010 draft.

Evans is not a bust yet; although if I were a Titans fan, I would be a bit concerned that he only started 1 of the final 5 games and didn't beat out 2017 5th round pick Jayon Brown.

Vander Esch
Total Tackles 140
Solo Tackles 102
Passes Defensed 7
INTs 2

Rashaan Evans
Total Tackles 53
Solo Tackles 33
Passes Defensed 1
INTs 0

I don't like to over-emphasize forty times and I'm not discounting Rapp as an NFL player this year despite a slow forty; however, the fact that Evans was healthy enough to run the agility and other drills but would not run the forty bothered me more than a slow forty time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Hennessy: I seem to recall debating about Vander Esch with you last year.

Asthma: I loved the idea of drafting Vander Esch almost as much as wanted to draft Aaron Donald in 2014.

In 2014 I hated the idea of drafting Manziel.

Disclosure: I was excited when they drafted AOA in the 4th round of the 2010 draft.

Evans is not a bust yet; although if I were a Titans fan, I would be a bit concerned that he only started 1 of the final 5 games and didn't beat out 2017 5th round pick Jayon Brown.

Vander Esch
Total Tackles 140
Solo Tackles 102
Passes Defensed 7
INTs 2

Rashaan Evans
Total Tackles 53
Solo Tackles 33
Passes Defensed 1
INTs 0

I don't like to over-emphasize forty times and I'm not discounting Rapp as an NFL player this year despite a slow forty; however, the fact that Evans was healthy enough to run the agility and other drills but would not run the forty bothered me more than a slow forty time.

But I was spot on about Dak and more recently Carl lawson over taco. Also wanted landon collins over byron jones.

Lol worst part is I actually liked that kid too in 2010, he came out of Florida right? We all win some lose some.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Abram reminds me of Laron Landry.

Think he can be a good in the box, but he worries me in coverage.