Go get Andy Dalton

JayFord

Reaction score
The Commanders will get him and say Haskins isnt ready yet

Sammy

Reaction score
Did you know that Ginger handed Kellen Moore one of his 3 college losses in the 2008 Poinsettia Bowl? By one point. But Kellen came back and beat him the next year in the Fiesta bowl.

I'm sure they've already worked out any grudges and could work together now.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
He would instantly be the best backup QB in the league. If Dak goes down, Cooper Rush doesn't stand a chance. A side benefit is that he will push Dak to be better.
I highly doubt they want anyone to push dak, they could have brought someone in already and didn’t.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We wouldn't be willing to sign him with his $16 mil contract. :thumbdown:

Besides, he'd never accept being a backup after starting for so long.

Zman5

Reaction score
I wish we'd kept Matt Moore. Whomever decided to let that guy go needs to get their butt kicked over and over again IMO.

I said this during the MNF game thread. I thought he would have made perfect backup for Romo. He looked like poor man's version of Romo. Mobile and accurate passer on the move and he showed Moxie back when we had him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t like spending a ton of cash on a backup QB. Plus Dak is probably THE most durable QB in the NFL. Dak has made 58 straight starts. I’m not thrilled with Cooper Rush but spending big cap capital for a backup QB just makes little sense to me for Dallas.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would instantly be the best backup QB in the league. If Dak goes down, Cooper Rush doesn't stand a chance. A side benefit is that he will push Dak to be better.

Dalton isn't pushing any starting QB for a job. Not paying someone 16million who might not beat our rush.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Bears should be on the phone getting a deal done for Dalton.

Bad idea IMO Doomsday. Dalton is a pretty good QB early in the season but once the weather turns, he doesn't have a strong enough arm to get the ball to travel in the wind. That's why you see his numbers decline once the weather starts turning bad. That problem would even be worse in Chicago IMO. I think Dalton needs to go to a Dome team or a team with good weather. JMO