Goal line offensive line

renny

Reaction score
Inside the 5 yard line, I think the Cowboys should move La'el Collins to guard in Williams' spot and insert Terence Steele at tackle in La'el spot. This would give the oline more beef and power near the goal-line.

Shannon1

Reaction score
Inside the 5 yard line, I think the Cowboys should move La'el Collins to guard in Williams' spot and insert Terence Steele at tackle in La'el spot. This would give the oline more beef and power near the goal-line.
Best thing is to spread them out ,stop running jumbo brings all 11 defenders in the box can’t block 11 with 9 guys go 4 wide then run only 7 in the box will get 1 yard every time !

J-man

Reaction score
And mess with any OL chemistry? No.
You put Steele in as a TE eligible. And run to the right side behind Martin, Collins, Steele.
also have the option of McGovern as a FB.

Yep, load up on the right side and blast through.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Theyve been fine. The only thing that needs to happen is sticking to the run. Dak got in on the first try anyways. Next time he should have done the same sneak or should've gone off guard a little but they are fine. Patriots are a different beast as far as coaching anyways.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
what ?

giphy.gif

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Think they need to pass more and run less.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This wasn't a problem until this past game....

And the refs being what they are didn't help.

Not sure how Dak was holding the ball yet not across the goal line under that pile.

I wouldn't go making changes based on that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would keep it spread out instead of bunching all 11 players together
Keeping the players bunched up at the goal line would be great if Zeke was not afraid to dive over the pile into the endzone.

Zeke is gladfully willing to hurdle DBs in the open, but he's afraid to get airborne and dive 1 yard over the pile at the line of scrimmage into the endzone?

:facepalm:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
but it also give the other team clue that we are running and it becomes easier to defend...and they can load up front...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s Moore’s one area where he struggles. It’s obvious when they’re going to run and the defense can just focus on the ball. Need more variety of formations.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Best thing is to spread them out ,stop running jumbo brings all 11 defenders in the box can’t block 11 with 9 guys go 4 wide then run only 7 in the box will get 1 yard every time !

No it won't. There are two problems with going spread down close like that. First we don't have a dominant jump ball receiver who Dak can just lob it up and have go git it or a post up tight end who we can just station a yard into the end zone and have him body up on a DB. All the guys we have are "get open" types and there just is not enough room to do that most times especially inside the 5. Secondly we don't have good blocking tight ends or wide receivers.. so if we try to run wide the DBs and LBs basically punk our perimeter blockers and blow the plays up in the backfield. Ironically someone pointed out yesterday that on the one wide play where Pollard got the ball and Zeke led him Zeke blew the DB up and had Pollard stayed on his outside hip he probably would have scored easily but he chose to cut it back into traffic and got stuffed. Zeke may be our best blocker in space and it might be worth looking at more wide plays with him leading Pollard as one of our red zone go to plays. The return of student body right!!!