Goff traded for Stafford

khiladi

Reaction score
If we want to talk about winning records, Dak’s winning record is equivalent to Goff’s, but Goff probably has a better record against winning teams and probably more comebacks when trailing at half-time if we want to get technical. Both ar mediocre QBs surrounded by elite talent...

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score

DFWJC

Reaction score
I read a crazy stat regarding Tampa’s number 1 draft pick, Tristan Wirf.

Let’s be honest. If you put any elite QB in TB, not a deteriorating Brady who is basically playing like Eli Manning 2007 these playoffs. with this roster and this improvement at OL, they probably going to the SB anyways.

I recall draft day being pretty stunned that Wirfs dropped to 13. I especially couldn't believe that Andrew Thomas went so much earlier than him.
One of the steals of the draft by the Bucs....and it directly fit a need.

As for Brady; everyone has always said that his stat lines don't come close to telling the contributions he makes to a team.
Not even remotely so.
Maybe its true, maybe not....just passing on what the narrative has always been....and the overall team results seem to back it up.
Everyone in Tampa says its Brady in the locker room and in practice that has massively changed the team.
His stats were very good this year, but---right or wrong--they seem to by in that he has lifted all boats there.
Nobody wants to let him down.

again, thats not me, but the narrative

coult44

Reaction score
Of course it was worth it.
We haven't even been past the 2nd round in 26 years. Wake up!!! This team needs a reset. Just saying we like our guys isn't going to change anything.
We need to stop liking our guys. Hate to say it, but Dak is a good QB, not a world beater. He is really just slightly abover or in the same range as Goff, Wentz,Cousins, Jimmy G range. There is no shame in being in the same group as those guys.

Calm down, I agree.
My point is this trade is not stupid for the Rams if they win. They are going against the grain of people who say you must win through the draft.

khiladi

Reaction score
I recall draft day being pretty stunned that Wirfs dropped to 13. I especially couldn't believe that Andrew Thomas went so much earlier than him.
One of the steals of the draft by the Bucs....and it directly fit a need.

As for Brady; everyone has always said that his stat lines don't come close to telling the contributions he makes to a team.
Not even remotely so.
Maybe its true, maybe not....just passing on what the narrative has always been....and the overall team results seem to back it up.
Everyone in Tampa says its Brady in the locker room and in practice that has massively changed the team.
His stats were very good this year, but---right or wrong--they seem to by in that he has lifted all boats there.
Nobody wants to let him down.

again, thats not me, but the narrative

I can understand that, people like to romanticize narratives, but looking at the play-offs, it’s not his leadership, but the Bucs overcoming his mistakes, because he threw what, three picks in a row against GB, and against the Saints, the Saints dropped at least two picks and Brees threw two picks that basically put the Brady in the red zone who was pretty much struggling a large portion of the game. Plus, the GB defense decided to go man a second left from like thirty yards out,

I mean last year, when the Pats went 12-6, Bellichek’s defense generated a whopping 37 TOs, while the offense struggled.

basel90

Reaction score
That would be great! I just doubt there is a team that will give up a 1st to get a QB who has yet to play a snap since a bad injury plus he wants top money.
very true. i don't think the cowboys are getting offers for dak

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Man, I love Dak, but there's no way I'd pass up that deal. 3 first round picks, and a cheaper QB? Good heavens. Feel bad for Goff.
That was a lot of guaranteed money to eat for one of those 1st and those are all expected to be late first. Place where your front office has a good chance of drafting a Taco over a Watt. And Goff sucks.

Croomraider

Reaction score
LA with a worst trade than the Galloway trade! Never thought I'd see the day!

Stafford
32 years old
0-3 in the playoffs (LOST to the COWBOYS)

Goff
26 years old
2-3 in the playoffs (BEAT the COWBOYS)
1 NFC Championship

+ 2 first round picks

-----------------------------------------------
No way LA can make sense of this trade. They are basically saying we drafted
the wrong guy at #1 overall a few years ago, we traded our first round pick this
year for Ramsey, and we now just traded two more first rounders!

In summary ----- Rams just announced they have the worst SCOUTING department in the
NFL and have decided to abort the ship.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Stafford
32 years old

Goff
26 years old
1 NFC Championship

+ 2 first round picks

the wrong guy at #1 overall a few years ago, we traded our first round pick this

In summary ----- Rams just announced they have the worst SCOUTING department in the

Wait what, someone told me the boy wonder Sean McVay could do no wrong. :laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score

Stafford
32 years old

Goff
26 years old
1 NFC Championship

+ 2 first round picks

You also cannot make any sense of players anyway by using just their playoff record.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Stafford
32 years old

Goff
26 years old
1 NFC Championship

+ 2 first round picks

Seems like a lot.
Draft capital wise is like trading Goff and this year's 15th overall pick for Stafford.
But I think Stafford is WAY better than Goff.
He has just been in dumpster-fire central in Detroit.
Guess we'll see.

Btw, the Ramsey trade equated to the 10th overall pick.

DFWJC

Reaction score
People are ragging on the Rams, who gave up the equivalent of this years 15th overall pick.
But several sources are saying 3-4 other teams offered 2021 first rounders.
The Colts offered the 22nd overall pick and some change....but I'm not sure they wanted to also take on Goff's salary.

ESisback

Reaction score

Stafford
32 years old

Goff
26 years old
1 NFC Championship

+ 2 first round picks

Some say paranoid and overreactive, the worst scouting department in the league. Others say dynamic risk takers that are constantly moving and adapting—shrewd and proactive and not dwelling on mistakes.

Like everything else these days, it’s mostly extreme vs. extreme, with no middle ground. We’re either doomed, and destined to fail, or a few tweaks and SB, here we come!

Personally, I wouldn’t have made this trade, but what do I know? I’m just a fan, speculating, as most of us are!

kskboys

Reaction score
Some say paranoid and overreactive, the worst scouting department in the league. Others say dynamic risk takers that are constantly moving and adapting—shrewd and proactive and not dwelling on mistakes.

Like everything else these days, it’s mostly extreme vs. extreme, with no middle ground. We’re either doomed, and destined to fail, or a few tweaks and SB, here we come!

Personally, I wouldn’t have made this trade, but what do I know? I’m just a fan, speculating, as most of us are!
Since the Rams are an aging team and prolly have around 2 years left on their super bowl window, I don't blame them a bit for taking this shot.

On a scale of 1-10, Goff is a 5, Stafford is a 7.5. Very clear upgrade. Take a shot.

ESisback

Reaction score
Since the Rams are an aging team and prolly have around 2 years left on their super bowl window, I don't blame them a bit for taking this shot.

On a scale of 1-10, Goff is a 5, Stafford is a 7.5. Very clear upgrade. Take a shot.

Good points, K. 5 and 7.5? Sounds reasonable, but also speculative. Could be a slightly bigger or smaller gap too, or MAYBE the gap is minimized or even negated by a combination of intangibles (injuries, personalities, circumstances, etc.). I like the notion of “taking a shot”, but guessing what might happen...kinda torn, TBO...

Of course, “wishy washy” doesn’t feed the bulldog...

Imagine if Jerry had made this kinda deal with Dak!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
So who thought the Lions could swap Stafford for Goff and get two 1s and a 3 out of it?

Is this Madden? Did a child have the Rams' controller?
meanwhile in other news, The Eagles couldn't trade Wentz for a ham sandwich.