Goff traded for Stafford

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Safe to say that Jared Goffs days as a starting QB are numbered. What do you think folks? 2 years as a starter in Detroit and then off to ride the bench as a backup?

That would be my best guess, but you never know. Could he pull a Jim Plunkett and revitalize his career on a new team? Maybe, but I'd doubt it.

kumizi

Reaction score
Do the Rams have any WRs that are deep targets? Woods is a screen machine and Kupp isn't exactly a downfield burner.

Either way, it's been reported McVay was frustrated by Goff not taking enough shots downfield so Im sure he has a plan/vision.

kumizi

Reaction score
Stafford
32 years old
0-3 in the playoffs (LOST to the COWBOYS)

Goff
26 years old
2-3 in the playoffs (BEAT the COWBOYS)
1 NFC Championship

For the life of me, I dont understand why people that follow American sports do this. You think posting their playoff records is making some kind of point but it really isn't.

If you polled 100 NFL front office executives, at least 95 of them would say Stafford is better than Goff. At least.

ESisback

Reaction score
For the life of me, I dont understand why people that follow American sports do this. You think posting their playoff records is making some kind of point but it really isn't.

If you polled 100 NFL front office executives, at least 95 of them would say Stafford is better than Goff. At least.

I agree, BUT...will Stafford‘s ability to throw deep be largely negated by pass rushers? The game has kind of transitioned away from the drop back pocket passer, hasn’t it?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I agree, BUT...will Stafford‘s ability to throw deep be largely negated by pass rushers? The game has kind of transitioned away from the drop back pocket passer, hasn’t it?
I hear you, but they just showed his 2020 stats and he did just fine on deep balls

Btw, Stafford isn't a stiff back there. He's pretty fast and mobile but uses it to evade then pass vs run.. He faster than Dak, but Dak is a bit more likely to take off than Matt--who is always looking downfield. A bit more like Rodgers. Not everyone can be Wilson...great passer and runner.

I suspect part of the reason he had the long streak of games started---the NFL iron man for awhile--was that he won't take off unless its an emergency.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Good points, K. 5 and 7.5? Sounds reasonable, but also speculative. Could be a slightly bigger or smaller gap too, or MAYBE the gap is minimized or even negated by a combination of intangibles (injuries, personalities, circumstances, etc.). I like the notion of “taking a shot”, but guessing what might happen...kinda torn, TBO...

Of course, “wishy washy” doesn’t feed the bulldog...

Imagine if Jerry had made this kinda deal with Dak!
Definite guess, but the gap isn't smaller, and might be bigger.

ESisback

Reaction score
I hear you, but they just showed his 2020 stats and he did just fine on deep balls

Btw, Stafford isn't a stiff back there. He's pretty fast and mobile but uses it to evade then pass vs run.. He faster than Dak, but Dak is a bit more likely to take off than Matt--who is always looking downfield. A bit more like Rodgers. Not everyone can be Wilson...great passer and runner.

I suspect part of the reason he had the long streak of games started---the NFL iron man for awhile--was that he won't take off unless its an emergency.

Good points.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dak wants 4 years...

“Okay Dak: 4 years, 125 mill plus incentives, in tax free Texas! Add endorsements, and you’re filthy rich, playing QB for America’s Team and totally free to renogotiate after 4!”