Goff vs Prescott

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he said "lol @ dak in a shootout." dak was just in a shootout and fared quite well, and yes, without his full team.
your first sentence is changing the OP's words quite a bit; i'm taking them verbatim. he said "...in a shootout," not "in a shootout vs the rams, we likely can't win." that's a completely different statement than laughing at the thought of dak in a shootout in general, which is exactly what the OP was doing.

besides, the rams defense isn't particularly great. the offense could possibly put up a good amount of points on it.
You know damn well he meant a shootout vs. the Rams. You also know the Giants game wasn't a shootout. A shootout doesn't occur in just the last quarter of a game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How does what motivates Dak determine what a fan knows?
the point was that Dak shouldn't be nor do I think he is motivated by playing against Goff, because Goff was the first pick and Dak the 4th rounder....Dak's motivation is to win, win playoffs. he doesn't care about who is on the otherside and revenge!!!! draft, draft order, etc. is for the fans......they get satisfaction that a 4th rounder beat a 1st over all pick. if Dak is motivated by that, then Dak needs to re-examine his priorities

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how on earth does this make sense to someone? that is not screwing anyone's point lmao smh
He was trying to make the point that Dak got in a shootout (even though it wasn't) and won, even without Zeke. If Zeke had played, Dak wouldn't have been throwing the ball as much, which means he wouldn't have gotten into a "shootout". That's how it makes sense.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If it turns in to a shootout, I'd be more upset at the defense than at Dak. If it turns into a shootout, that means out defense is getting burned repeatedly and they are supposed to be the strength of this team.

I feel the same way, I know our defense has fallen off some in the recent weeks. But, I think they are good enough to prevent a shootout type of game. As shootout makes it sound like they are going to let the Rams easily score, every time the Rams offense gets the ball.

While I don't see the Cowboys defense completely shutting down the Rams, I do have faith in them that they won't be so bad that Dak is required to score everytime the Cowboys offense gets the ball.

Ken

Reaction score
And that means what in the Giants game?
He threw it less in the Giants game with Zeke on the Sidelines than he did against the Eagles with Zeke in the game.

Just refuting your point that he would have thrown it less if Zeke was in the game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He threw it less in the Giants game with Zeke on the Sidelines than he did against the Eagles with Zeke in the game.

Just refuting your point that he would have thrown it less if Zeke was in the game.
If Zeke weren't in the Eagles game, he would have thrown even more. If Zeke were in the Giants game, there certainly would have been more running plays, don't you think?

Ken

Reaction score
If Zeke weren't in the Eagles game, he would have thrown even more. If Zeke were in the Giants game, there certainly would have been more running plays, don't you think?
Not sure. Zeke caught a lot of balls in the Eagle game, 12 to be exact.

Batman1980

Reaction score
if that's what motivates him, then you don't get football. being in this game alone should motivate him. who cares about the draft...well fans like you do.....

He cares, pretty sure he said so since he was the 8th QB taken off the board. I know Brady and Romo used their draft status as motivation throughout their careers.

Sydla

Reaction score
he said "lol @ dak in a shootout." dak was just in a shootout and fared quite well, and yes, without his full team.
your first sentence is changing the OP's words quite a bit; i'm taking them verbatim. he said "...in a shootout," not "in a shootout vs the rams, we likely can't win." that's a completely different statement than laughing at the thought of dak in a shootout in general, which is exactly what the OP was doing.

besides, the rams defense isn't particularly great. the offense could possibly put up a good amount of points on it.

Nope. Try again. Let's link the actual posts:

Lol @ Dak in a shootout

We’re doomed if this game comes down to a shootout

He is clearly referencing the Rams game upcoming. He says we are doomed (ergo, "likely can't win") if this game (the Rams game) is a shootout.

Nav22 responds with this:

LOL!

What happened in Week 17 again? No Zeke, no OL, no problem.

Egg on your face.

His claim is clearly that we can win a shoot out with the Rams because we just won a shoot out with the Giants. There is an equivalency there that we are talking about two common opponents. My guess is Nav22 doesn't really think the Rams and Giants are comparable opponents which would mean his point wasn't a very good one.

So to try to suggest this is only about winning a shoot out in general and therefore a strawman is a misrepresentation of the conversation.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure. Zeke caught a lot of balls in the Eagle game, 12 to be exact.
I see your point, but do you really think we wouldn't have run more, with the #1 RB in the league playing?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Stop being goofy and naive

You know dam well that wasnt a shootout vs the Giants.

Romo vs the Broncos in 2013 was a shootout.

Goff vs the Rams this year was a shootout

Patriots vs Chiefs was a shootout

You also know Dak and this offense arent built for shootouts, hence saying we need our defense and running game to step up to win this game.

This Dak slobbering is nauseating. And bfore you say im just hating on dak, ive gave him several compliments over these past few weeks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He cares, pretty sure he said so since he was the 8th QB taken off the board. I know Brady and Romo used their draft status as motivation throughout their careers.
pretty sure? is there a link somewhere that he said that? and it maybe general motivation, but at some point it doesn't matter...... what's his motivation against Saints? Brees was drafted in the second round, 18 years ago?

Nav22

Reaction score
That wasnt a shootout

Look at Rams vs Vikings or Rams vs Chiefs game earlier this season. If you think Dak is capable of a performance like that on the road in the playoffs, then there is no sense in going back and forth with you
36-35 isn’t a shootout???

Hahahahahahhhhahaaha

Dak passed 40+ times in 2 games this season.

He finished with 455 and 387 pass yards in those 2 games. 7 TD passes combined.

We won both games.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
36-35 isn’t a shootout???

Hahahahahahhhhahaaha

Dak passed 40+ times in 2 games this season.

He finished with 455 and 387 pass yards in those 2 games. 7 TD passes combined.

We won both games.
No, it isnt

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Question for the Zoners

I read that Goff gets to the line 15 seconds early so that McVay could help him out with pre-snap reads. Does JG or Linehan do that with Dak?