Goff vs Prescott

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I think our game plan is simple, just like the rest of the year, run the ball. control the clock. make a few timely plays. keep their offense on the side line. we will see a lot of 2 TE sets, trying to get guards to the second level. if Zeke is able to get past the LOS, he will find some success on the second level against their LBs....of course they will be expecting that and prepare, but it will come down to execution.

offensively, they will try to go deep as they saw seattle, giants, indy, tampa go deep on us late in the season quite a few times and find success. look for us to come in with a slightly different defensive game plan. expect the DL to be physical, and rotate a lot of linemen and attack. we will try to stop their running game with front line mostly. expect to see LVE and smith drop into coverage in the middle to cover some zones in the middle. their speed and recongnition is key. keeping big plays at check on playaction is key.
This is where our Coaching has failed to step it up and escalate the team in playoff form. Yes, you do the things you do well that brought you to the dance. But... there is where the foot hits the pedal for JG and where he has failed before.. he MUST draw plays in the dirt when teams have us figured out and stop what we do to elevate this team (especially on O). Kickers all year have been shaky when the game is on the line. I do not want it to come down to field goal at the end. The Boys are going to have to score in all phases and be relentless. I have that much respect for McVay (and fear of his Coaching ability). He is fearless and bold. It is why I love McVay so much.. and never dreamed we would be squared off against him this week.

Number1

Reaction score
This is where our Coaching has failed to step it up and escalate the team in playoff form. Yes, you do the things you do well that brought you to the dance. But... there is where the foot hits the pedal for JG and where he has failed before.. he MUST draw plays in the dirt when teams have us figured out and stop what we do to elevate this team (especially on O). Kickers all year have been shaky when the game is on the line. I do not want it to come down to field goal at the end. The Boys are going to have to score in all phases and be relentless. I have that much respect for McVay (and fear of his Coaching ability). He is fearless and bold. It is why I love McVay so much.. and never dreamed we would be squared off against him this week.

i see nothing magical about McKay and he faces a monster problem to overcome - better athletes.

there's no brilliant scheme here just a WCO with a great RB

as for scheming up plays ... more and more that is is on Dak at the LOS

it's stunning to me many define coaching as a schemers job, nope

the most successful teams ever was focused on execution and weren't out to trick anyone, there was nothing tricky about Brown's Browns, Lombardi's Pack, Noel's Steelers, Landry's Boys, Walsh's 49ers, Jimmy's Boys, or the sometimes awesome Pats ... they lined up and did their thing. With great athletes and execution,

more than anything else football is about intensity - I don't see much of that in the Rams

I'm far more concerned with Sue and Donald than McVay and Goff

Last edited:

Number1

Reaction score
If we play a shootout style game with the Rams, we will lose embarrassingly. We should not hope for a track meet.

IMO, you may in for a big surprise. JG is gonna get Dak out of the pocket away from the interior rush. Expect big plays.

Goff probably takes a beating in the pocket hoping his WRs get open quick vs better athletes.

Under pressure Goff ain't too good.

BTW, if the when considering what a QB can do in a shoot out ... look at their 2 min numbers

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I just have not been able to predict what the Boys will do all year.. and this game is no exception.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
i see nothing magical about McKay and he faces a monster problem to overcome - better athletes.

there's no brilliant scheme here just a WCO with a great RB

as for scheming up plays ... more and more that is is on Dak at the LOS

it's stunning to me many define coaching as a schemers job, nope

the most successful teams ever was focused on execution and weren't out to trick anyone, there was nothing tricky about Brown's Browns, Lombardi's Pack, Noel's Steelers, Landry's Boys, Walsh's 49ers, Jimmy's Boys, or the sometimes awesome Pats ... they lined up and did their thing. With great athletes and execution,

more than anything else football is about intensity - I don't see much of that in the Rams

I'm far more concerned with Sue and Donald than McVay and Goff
Respectfully disagree. Landry had every trick in the book forever stored in that hat he wore. Saw it up close and front center as a child.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
LOL!

What happened in Week 17 again? No Zeke, no OL, no problem.

Egg on your face.

This post is aging well

It's a shootout and we have 15

Rams would have 37 if Ebukam didn't drop a gift pick 6

Nav22

Reaction score
LOL. Your tears will taste delicious when Dak signs his new deal.