WLB - LVE, Thomas
MLB - Smith
SLB - Lee, Covington
CB - Jones, Lewis
CB - Awuzie, Brown
Slot - Brown
FS - Woods, Heath
SS - Berry, Iloka

That's a legit roster that could only be screwed up by a mediocre coach.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- Sign McCoy

- Sign Berry

- Trade a 4th for Kyle Rudolph

You then have a two deep of (yes, some guys will back up multiple positions):

QB - Dak, White/Rush
RB - Elliott, Weber
WR - Cooper, Brown
WR - Gallup, Austin
Slot - Cobb, Hurns
TE - Rudolph, Witten (probably, LOL)
LT - Smith, Fleming
LG - Williams, Sua
C - Frederick, Looney
RG - Martin, McGovern
RT - Collins, Fleming

DE - Lawrence, Charlton
3T - McCoy, Hill
1T - Woods, Collins
DE - Quinn, Armstrong
WLB - LVE, Thomas
MLB - Smith
SLB - Lee, Covington
CB - Jones, Lewis
CB - Awuzie, Brown
Slot - Brown
FS - Woods, Heath
SS - Berry, Iloka

Don't do this to yourself.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There is a saying among us nine to five-ers at Exxon Mobil about the brass of leadership.

"Those idiots up top are not going to do that, because it makes too much sense."

I guess things don't change from industry to the next. The people making the decision just don't get it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a saying among us nine to five-ers at Exxon Mobil about the brass of leadership.

"Those idiots up top are not going to do that, because it makes too much sense."

I guess things don't change from industry to the next. The people making the decision just don't get it.

Those people making the decisions are keeping a lot of people employed, such as yourself. So they must be doing something right.
I do understand your thinking though. As sometimes decisions are head scratchers. But maybe those aren't coming from the top.

Many times, well, 95% of the time they come from some mid level management type that should not be in that position to begin with.
Now does Jerry or Stephen need to be making these decisions, who knows, but they sure know a lot more what is going on with the team and players that any of us know. Even those on here that think they know better. LOL.

But to compare an NFL franchise being run to a huge company, or any decent sized company should not be done.

But they have shown they listen a lot too Will McClay, and he has input about the players they should look at or not.

would I like to see them bring in McCoy and Berry, sure. But I won't blast them if they don't. Berry is still out there for a reason. Why hasn't Billicheck signed him?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- Sign McCoy

- Sign Berry

QB - Dak, White/Rush
RB - Elliott, Weber
WR - Cooper, Brown
WR - Gallup, Austin
Slot - Cobb, Hurns
LT - Smith, Fleming
LG - Williams, Sua
C - Frederick, Looney
RG - Martin, McGovern
RT - Collins, Fleming

DE - Lawrence, Charlton
3T - McCoy, Hill
1T - Woods, Collins
DE - Quinn, Armstrong
WLB - LVE, Thomas
MLB - Smith
SLB - Lee, Covington
CB - Jones, Lewis
CB - Awuzie, Brown
Slot - Brown
FS - Woods, Heath
SS - Berry, Iloka

The last thing the Cowboys need is an All-In mindset.

That mindset was a key to Jerry's failures over the years. It resulted in:
  • Two 1st rounders for Joey Galloway
  • 1st/3rd/7th for Roy Williams
  • 50M contract for OG Leonard Davis
  • 50M contract for Brandon Carr
  • Signing TO (possible cause of Parcells departure)
  • Trading up for Claiborne.
  • Franchising Anthony Spencer Twice.
  • Jerry over-ruling Stephen to give Dez a mega-contract in 2015. Dez never got close to his previous production in the 3 years after the new contract.
Having said the above, I'm curious how much it would take to sign Gerald McCoy.

Winning is reported to be a top focus for McCoy in terms of where he signs and he already has career earnings of 114M.

He went to OU and is from OK City which is a 3 hour drive from Dallas or very short plane flight.

Obviously it would be hard to compete with the Patriots on a play for less to have a chance to win deal; however, the Pats didn't even want to pay 5M per to retain starting DT Malcom Brown.

The Pats did just re-sign DT Danny Shelton but it's only 1-year, 1M according to reports.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
- Sign McCoy

- Sign Berry

QB - Dak, White/Rush
RB - Elliott, Weber
WR - Cooper, Brown
WR - Gallup, Austin
Slot - Cobb, Hurns
LT - Smith, Fleming
LG - Williams, Sua
C - Frederick, Looney
RG - Martin, McGovern
RT - Collins, Fleming

DE - Lawrence, Charlton
3T - McCoy, Hill
1T - Woods, Collins
DE - Quinn, Armstrong
WLB - LVE, Thomas
MLB - Smith
SLB - Lee, Covington
CB - Jones, Lewis
CB - Awuzie, Brown
Slot - Brown
FS - Woods, Heath
SS - Berry, Iloka

Guess we're screwed then

Sydla

Reaction score

• Jerry over-ruling Stephen to give Dez a mega-contract in 2015. Dez never got close to his previous production in the 3 years after the new contract.

Winning is reported to be a top focus for McCoy in terms of where he signs and he already has career earnings of 114M.

He went to OU and is from OK City which is a 3 hour drive from Dallas or very short plane flight.

Obviously it would be hard to compete with the Patriots on a play for less to have a chance to win deal; however, the Pats didn't even want to pay 5M per to retain starting DT Malcom Brown.

The Pats did just re-sign DT Danny Shelton but it's only 1-year, 1M according to reports.

Except nothing I posted we should do would be overly expensive or potentially risk the future. In other words, trading a 4th rounder for Rudolph isn't quite the same as trading two first rounders for Galloway. Signing McCoy to what could be a one year deal isn't the same as spending $50MM on Brandon Carr.

Nothing I proposed is really all that risky.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except nothing I posted we should do would be overly expensive or potentially risk the future. In other words, trading a 4th rounder for Rudolph isn't quite the same as trading two first rounders for Galloway. Signing McCoy to what could be a one year deal isn't the same as spending $50MM on Brandon Carr.

Nothing I proposed is really all that risky.

Then ask for a title change for the thread if you don't really consider it an All-In plan.

I have no idea what McCoy will cost. He just turned 31 a couple of months ago. Some team might offer him a multi-year deal but if he really wants to go to a contender then a 1 year deal is more likely.

J12B

Reaction score
- Sign McCoy

- Sign Berry

QB - Dak, White/Rush
RB - Elliott, Weber
WR - Cooper, Brown
WR - Gallup, Austin
Slot - Cobb, Hurns
LT - Smith, Fleming
LG - Williams, Sua
C - Frederick, Looney
RG - Martin, McGovern
RT - Collins, Fleming

DE - Lawrence, Charlton
3T - McCoy, Hill
1T - Woods, Collins
DE - Quinn, Armstrong
WLB - LVE, Thomas
MLB - Smith
SLB - Lee, Covington
CB - Jones, Lewis
CB - Awuzie, Brown
Slot - Brown
FS - Woods, Heath
SS - Berry, Iloka

None of these moves are needed for a Superbowl run.

The difference maker will be Kellen Moore.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

So any personnel mistake we made over the last 20 years was made because we were "going all in"?. Even if the year before we were an 8-8 team with nothing at quarterback.

Got it. Lol.

The same line of thinking as "every draft pick that didnt work out was a reach".

Hindsight and hyperbole are awful awful things.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So any personnel mistake we made over the last 20 years was made because we were "going all in"?. Even if the year before we were an 8-8 team with nothing at quarterback.

Got it. Lol.

I never know with these types of posts if people are pretending to be dumb just to make a point or if they really believe what they post.

Obviously an All-In mindset didn't cause them to draft Shante Carver in the 1st round. That was just terrible player evaluation.

The over-riding theme with Jerry for many years was an All-In mindset similar to when he borrowed money to "wildcat" for oil which turned out great but rarely works for NFL team building.

In recent years they taken a more steady approach not over-focusing on specific years which is the definition of the Patriots overall approach for about 20 years now.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I never know with these types of posts if people are pretending to be dumb just to make a point or if they really believe what they post.

Obviously an All-In mindset didn't cause them to draft Shante Carver in the 1st round. That was just terrible player evaluation.

The over-riding theme with Jerry for many years was an All-In mindset similar to when he borrowed money to "wildcat" for oil which turned out great but rarely works for NFL team building.

In recent years they taken a more steady approach not over-focusing on specific years which is the definition of the Patriots overall approach for about 20 years now.

You're pretending not to see stupidity in your post.

Trading up for Claiborne didn't mean it was an all in move, just like trading up for Lawrence wasnt an all in move. They had their guy in mind and went and got them.

Being an 8-8 team with no quarterback and trading for a player doesnt mean the move was made to go all in, it means they valued a player and went and got him. Just like Cooper last year which you conveniently left out.

So if a poster disagrees with you and points out q flaw in your logic, don't immediately go to personal attacks which are commonly used by dumb individuals, because that person could help you become smarter!

GO COWBOYS :starspin:

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The money we dont spend this year rolls over to next year. As the season goes on I'm sure they will see their personnel problems and correct them. As they did with the Cooper trade. But it sure would be nice to see them go all in this year. I mean hey, it worked for the Eagles.

Hey, Cowboy fans. The last time you were in a Superbowl these draft picks weren't even born yet.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I remember a few months ago Dak made that Instagram post thanking all of his teammates and associates and McCoy commented with the "eyeball" emoji. Not putting too much stock into it, but it's something.

Not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Sydla

Reaction score
Berry has only played in 3 NFL games since 2016. Why do people assume he would be a difference maker?

I don't expect him to be great. But, if healthy, I expect him to be better than what we have. For the right price, take a flier on him. And the longer he sits out, the cheaper he gets if has a desire to play in 2019.

So I'll take the risk on him under a fairly reasonable contract.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't expect him to be great. But, if healthy, I expect him to be better than what we have. For the right price, take a flier on him. And the longer he sits out, the cheaper he gets if has a desire to play in 2019.

So I'll take the risk on him under a fairly reasonable contract.

I'm not at all opposed to giving Berry a look, but I wouldn't expect anything after he sat out 29 of the last 32 games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're pretending not to see stupidity in your post.

Trading up for Claiborne didn't mean it was an all in move, just like trading up for Lawrence wasnt an all in move. They had their guy in mind and went and got them.

Being an 8-8 team with no quarterback and trading for a player doesnt mean the move was made to go all in, it means they valued a player and went and got him. Just like Cooper last year which you conveniently left out.

So if a poster disagrees with you and points out q flaw in your logic, don't immediately go to personal attacks which are commonly used by dumb individuals, because that person could help you become smarter!

GO COWBOYS :starspin:

It's not a personal attack.

In many posts I seriously don't know when people really can't understand a basic concept or if they're intentionally ignoring the obvious meaning of a post or statement.

You are now using Strawman arguments (Making up things I didn't say).