Going to Maui - Any suggestions?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I am using the last of my Marriott points and we are going to be staying at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua. It is just my wife and I, so we are looking for some suggestions, as we have never been to Hawaii.

Some things we would like to do:

• Snorkle and see some sea turtles
  • See a waterfall
  • Go to a Luau
Other than that, we are planning on just relaxing. We will rent a car, so anything on the island is fair game, and we are even open to getting on a plane and flying to another island for a day trip if there is something interesting going on.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am using the last of my Marriott points and we are going to be staying at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua. It is just my wife and I, so we are looking for some suggestions, as we have never been to Hawaii.

• See a waterfall
  • Go to a Luau
Other than that, we are planning on just relaxing. We will rent a car, so anything on the island is fair game, and we are even open to getting on a plane and flying to another island for a day trip if there is something interesting going on.
Take separate flights, so she doesn't see you getting lei'd as soon as you get there.

GMO415

Reaction score
It's been about 18 years since I've been there. There was a sporting clays spot not too far from the Ritz, if you're into that. My wife tried it for the first time and had a blast .

We booked a snorkelling trip (molokini) and it was awesome. It had a spot upon return where they stopped for us to see turtles

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Leave Maui, go to the main island and go visit the Keck observatory and mount Kilauea. (that is, if it's safe again)

Go to O'hau and see Pearl Harbor.

A sandy ocean side beach (ie, not a gulf beach) is a sandy beach. You can go to Florida and see that.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Leave Maui, go to the main island and go visit the Keck observatory and mount Kilauea. (that is, if it's safe again)

A sandy ocean side beach (ie, not a gulf beach) is a sandy beach. You can go to Florida and see that.
Pearl Harbor sounds good. Maybe that's my day trip.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just relax, maybe add in a helicopter tour too. When you rent a car, make sure it is a jeep!

As for turtles, you can just go play(snorkel) out in the ocean off the beach and see an occasional one if you don’t go on a specific boat trip for them. Do not be afraid of sharks, they won’t mess with yas and will probably not see one anyways :thumbup:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Go zip lining and if you up for go for a drive to Hana (I believe is the name of the city). Also go on some hikes and go to the waterfalls. There are lots of them around. Also when I went to Maui a few years back I was told that if you are on the beach and you look out and there is no one in the water off the snorkeling boats, do not go in. Sharks might be in the water with the turtles. Wasn't a problem when I was there but I was told by several of the locals that they don't like to report it since it will hurt tourism.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

• See a waterfall
  • Go to a Luau
Enjoy, Come back safe, share the experience and offer some recommendations. I am hoping to head out that way within a few years. Aloha!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you're a scuba diver, Maui is a great destination for turtles and mantas. There is also the Molokini crater.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Don’t go to Oahu. It’s crowded everywhere you go. Stay on Maui and enjoy the tropical beaches. They are NOTHING like Florida beaches.