Golden Tate on Daniel Jones (Garrett)

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Golden Tate believes Daniel Jones might have already enjoyed more success with the New York Giants if he hadn't had to deal with multiple coaching staffs.

Tate played two years with Jones before he was released following the 2020 season.

"I honestly feel bad for Daniel," Tate said. "He was drafted into a rebuilding organization for one, had Pat Shurmur for a year and then got Joe Judge for two years, now another head coach and another rebuild going into his fourth season. He hasn't had Saquon [Barkley], myself, [Kenny] Golladay, Sterling [Shepard] -- no one is ever on the field at the same time. And then on top of that, he had [Jason] Garrett [as his offensive coordinator] and that probably didn't help much.

"So you kind of feel bad for him because a ton of talent. He has a lot of talent but he just hasn't had much help due to injuries and how they set it up.

Flamma

Reaction score
Tate speaks the truth. I'm not sure he has a ton of talent, but he's a fairly decent QB when he has the pieces around him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He really did get dropped into a bad situation that was magnified even more by team injuries.

His RB and WRs are always hurt
His oline has been mostly awful

Almost the polar opposite of what our QB has had. And no, that's not a jab at Dak but it adds perspective for D Jones.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Giants had the 30th-ranked offensive line and were missing most of their weapons last year.
Nobody can excel offensively in that situation

ghst187

Reaction score
I think logically you could make that case with anything…
I believe Daniel Jones would’ve had more success if they had offered relish on dogs at the stadium…after all…any success would be MORE success for Jones so far…lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Golden Tate believes Daniel Jones might have already enjoyed more success with the New York Giants if he hadn't had to deal with multiple coaching staffs.

Tate played two years with Jones before he was released following the 2020 season.

"I honestly feel bad for Daniel," Tate said. "He was drafted into a rebuilding organization for one, had Pat Shurmur for a year and then got Joe Judge for two years, now another head coach and another rebuild going into his fourth season. He hasn't had Saquon [Barkley], myself, [Kenny] Golladay, Sterling [Shepard] -- no one is ever on the field at the same time. And then on top of that, he had [Jason] Garrett [as his offensive coordinator] and that probably didn't help much.

"So you kind of feel bad for him because a ton of talent. He has a lot of talent but he just hasn't had much help due to injuries and how they set it up.
Jones can carve a defensive up if he has time. His problem is that he has no internal clock. He will hold the ball all day if nothing develops. Garrett's long developing pass plays compounded the issue

Flamma

Reaction score
I think he's a decent to good QB. But do you want to pay top dollar for decent to good? They did in Tennessee and Minnesota. They're probably going to do it in Baltimore and Arizona. The same argument remains to accept being gouged, who else do you have?