Goodell a great Commish for the times

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The guy’s priority in life is hating Jerry Jones. Has been for the decade I have been on the same message board he has been on. He is a smurf and the league is folding towards the blue boy culture. Of course he loves Goodell. Hates Jerry and loves the ankle grabbing.
I wasn’t aware any true Cowboy fans supported our owner running Cowboys football. If there are I hate them too for enabling him to continue his ways.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware any true Cowboy fans supported our owner running Cowboys football. If there are I hate them too for enabling him to continue his ways.
And yet your primary objective is to convince people Jerry shouldn’t be running Cowboys football. At which point will you realize you have been preaching the choir? Year 15?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Goodell deserves much credit for not only steering the league thru this seasons pandemic but really the most difficult era Id argue in NFL history as it continue to transcend with the times including all of the issues it’s confronted with in society.

I know he’s received criticism for his disciplinary actions of players but that’s a critical part of the success he’s been able to achieve overcoming theses social unrest the league and its players have encountered which has divided some of our fans as they have walked away as a result.

But he’s stayed the course protecting the Iconic label and its owners interest. And every decision in the long run appears the right decision for the league.

But the way he handled this pandemic with strict guidelines fining HC’s for not wearing mask initially and the protocols to avoid not cancelling any games which no other league can claim is truly remarkable.

He’s going to be an early lock for HOF. And history is going to reflect generously on him perhaps before he’s done surpassing Rozelle as greatest Commish ever.

Yea, I said it here first.

You're talking about this Goodell? LOL...sorry the perception and reality is that he has been one of the most divisive commissioners who has been very selective enforcing punishment on players, owners or teams. He is hired by the owners, but he represents a handful he is buddies with more than the others. Can you imagine if Jerry was the one caught in the Asian "massage" parlor or if Barkley was the one instead of Elliott physical assault allegations. I think he will be in the HOF only because short of committing murder, NFL commissioners wind up there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And yet your primary objective is to convince people Jerry shouldn’t be running Cowboys football. At which point will you realize you have been preaching the choir? Year 15?
Then why was it necessary for your comment?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're talking about this Goodell? LOL...sorry the perception and reality is that he has been one of the most divisive commissioners who has been very selective enforcing punishment on players, owners or teams. He is hired by the owners, but he represents a handful he is buddies with more than the others. Can you imagine if Jerry was the one caught in the Asian "massage" parlor or if Barkley was the one instead of Elliott physical assault allegations. I think he will be in the HOF only because short of committing murder, NFL commissioners wind up there.
Many fans shortsighted of how the league operates are holding Goodell responsible for doing the owners dirty work.

HanD

Reaction score
Serious. I’ve been a long time supporter of Goodell. This year he deserves his accolades for steering the league thru this pandemic. Remarkable job!!
His handling of the ravens was terrible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
His handling of the ravens was terrible.
Please expand ? His handling of the Ravens was trying to cover up how the Ravens ownership and Mgmt mishandling of the situation.

Thats the job of the Commish. Clean up the owners and Players mess which they don’t want to take the public heat for.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why are you disguising this as a Goodell love thread?
There’s no intention or mention here to bash our owner. This is in praise of the tremendous job Goodell did this season. Not sure how you’d interpret any other way.

HanD

Reaction score
Please expand ? His handling of the Ravens was trying to cover up how the Ravens ownership and Mgmt mishandling of the situation.

Thats the job of the Commish. Clean up the owners and Players mess which they don’t want to take the public heat for.

It's a prime example of his management. Go above and beyond for some and not for others. Moving the game multiple times to accommodate for the ravens while others like the Steelers and niners got no favors is the exact same as his double standard of punishment for players. There is no transparency or equality of checks and balances for actions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's a prime example of his management. Go above and beyond for some and not for others. Moving the game multiple times to accommodate for the ravens while others like the Steelers and niners got no favors is the exact same as his double standard of punishment for players. There is no transparency or equality of checks and balances for actions.
It’s all about what the public damage is to the leagues image. The Ravens situation was very damaging due to the video.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goodell is a overpaid mouthpiece who is hated and gets booed for a reason.

8d96c000.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Many fans shortsighted of how the league operates are holding Goodell responsible for doing the owners dirty work.

DHB, got to hand it to you, i think you knew creating this thread you were gonna get lots of flak for it and did it anyway. If this is your opinion then my opinion does not make yours wrong. And vice versa. So kudos to you for sticking to your belief and battling the opposing views. Imagine if we all thought the same and liked the same things. Boring. :cool:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
DHB, got to hand it to you, i think you knew creating this thread you were gonna get lots of flak for it and did it anyway. If this is your opinion then my opinion does not make yours wrong. And vice versa. So kudos to you for sticking to your belief and battling the opposing views. Imagine if we all thought the same and liked the same things. Boring. :cool:
482 posts. Let’s see how you think when you realize he throws all logic, facts and common sense out the window for a decade while openly admitting he is doing so changes your perspective.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I feel very strongly in my views and would argue they will be on the right side of history. Roger is being critically acclaimed for his efforts this year.

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wrong, but then again, he has a picture of a mannequin wearing a mask.
So, really not surprising to see the OP's views are way off the rails.

Turk

Reaction score
He hasn’t destroyed anything. He’s been instrumental in holding it all together.

The league, its owners , the players and their union have diminished the game.

The Commish job is to represent the owners interest and negotiate with the players union.
So you looking to take Spagnola's job - mouthpiece of idiots?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Boodell botched seemingly every scandal that’s come his way. Ray Rice beats his wife in an elevator? Two game suspension while Zeke gets, oh never mind. Oh but wait, new footage from inside the elevator emerges which coincides w/public outrage. Well, then it’s an indefinite suspension. Ah, but Mr. Goodell you can't punish someone twice for the same crime, because that’s against the constitutional principle known as double jeopardy. Congratulations you made a wife-beater, the victim in his own case.

Adrian Peterson beats his kid w/a switch & yet he’s somehow still able to play football. Tell me in what universe is that fair?

Replacement refs, union tensions, deflategate, public relations nightmares, the bad overtime rules & a countless number of other league problems have been under the watchful eye of Boodell.

There is one thing Boodell is really good at doing, it’s making the 32 owners of NFL franchises very rich, & subsequently very happy. In the meantime, players hate him, the union hates him, fans hate him & I’m almost positive the justice system hates him.

Havic

Reaction score
Goodell has almost made the league unwatchable. Flags for big hits, flags for almost any hit on a Qb, taking a knee to the woke mob, and erroneous player fines.
I will give him credit for relaxing on his disciplinary action from early on in his career.
He also deserves credit for keeping the league going during the pandemic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you looking to take Spagnola's job - mouthpiece of idiots?
I have no idea what you’re referring to.

But I’m speaking on behalf of many notable respected critics of the league and sports on not only how well Goodell steered the league this year thru the pandemic which he is widely being recognized for but all of the issues the owners and players have left for him to clean up.

The only ones who don’t see him in as bright a light are mostly disgruntled fans who’s fav player was suspended or fined as a result of his decisions based on the rules .