Goodell expected to significantly increase Watson's suspension

Flamma

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think Watson deserves a 2 year suspension. Keep in mind I said deserves. Do I think he should get that? Absolutely not. I believe in the X federal judge of over 25 years and her decision after going over all of the evidence as opposed to my whims and wishes. Otherwise it's chaos. We need structure and order.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are right ..... It's much much worse.

Sheriff William Snyder was in charge of the raids on the all Asian massage parlor that Kraft frequented. Many of the women, he said, had been tricked into coming to the United States and had been working to pay off debts to traffickers before being rescued. “I don’t believe they were told they were going to work in massage parlors seven days a week, having unprotected sex with up to 1,000 men a year,” Snyder said.
Sex trafficking, under law, involves recruiting and transporting women by force or fraud, and coercing them to work as prostitutes. The traffickers, Snyder continued, had covered their tracks by moving the women every 10 to 20 days to different spas, where they were forced to sleep on massage tables and cook on hot plates. Some were unable to leave, the sheriff said, because the traffickers confiscated their money and passports.

The case you made is against sex traffickers. Kraft didn't do any of the things you are talking about

Flamma

Reaction score
We all get like that sometimes

Passion is a double edged sword at times.

Yeah I do that on occasion because I have something on my mind.

I am familiar with unions and how they work, so that dominated my mindset. At one point I was ready to sue my employer, that's how I know how it works. It's different when you're in a union.

jwitten82

Reaction score
So is today the last day for the NFL to appeal the arbitrators decision?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think craft did not know exactly what kinda place he was going to? You know he was buddies with Epstein right?
I have little doubt he knew he was going to a place where he could pay for and receive sexual favors, but receiving sexual favors is not sex trafficking. Again, he didn't do any of the things you discussed in your previous post. He didn't recruit, transport or force anyone. The most he could be accused of is paying for sex.

And you can't punish him for being friendly with someone else who committed a crime. Epstein was friendly with boatloads of wealthy and famous people. Does that mean all of them had sex with children? I obviously can't say if Kraft or anyone else did or didn't engage in illegal activity Epstein was involved with, but you cannot punish someone based on an unsubstantiated assumption.

I'm certainly not supportive of Kraft seeking sexual favors, but you have to realistically realize there is a difference between someone being accused of sexual harassment or assault by 20-25 women, and someone that hasn't had a single woman make that kind of accusation

Last edited:

J-man

Reaction score
Goodwill shouldn’t have that much power.

Why? Because he’s a douchebag.

No he shouldn't, and yes he is.
But in this case, he absolutely should act to increase the suspension. 6 games was a disrespectful joke. In an era where any abuse of women is being scrutinized so much, that judge flat out dropped the ball. IMHO, for waht he did and the amounts of offenses we're talking about, it should be an indefinite or life time suspension. But at least a bare minimum of 1 year should have been a no brainer.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I have no doubt he knew he was going to a place where he would receive sexual favors, but receiving sexual favors is not sex trafficking. Again, he didn't do any of the things you discussed in your previous post. He didn't recruit, transport or force anyone. The most he could be accused of is paying for sex.

And you can't punish him for being friendly with someone else who committed a crime. Epstein was friendly with boatloads of wealthy and famous people. Does that mean all of them had sex with children? I obviously can't say Kraft or anyone else didn't engaged in illegal activity Epstein was involved with, but you cannot punish someone based on an unsubstantiated assumption.

I'm certainly not supportive of Kraft's actions, but you have to realistically realize there is a difference between someone being accused of sexual harassment or assault by 20-25 women, and someone that hasn't had a single woman issue a complaint or file a lawsuit.
Watson never had any complaints before this either, never had any complaints until he wanted to no longer be part of the Texans franchise. Also, it's a lot easier for Kraft to make problems disappear considering he's worth billions and I'm sure has a lot of powerful connections.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I have little doubt he knew he was going to a place where he could pay for and receive sexual favors, but receiving sexual favors is not sex trafficking. Again, he didn't do any of the things you discussed in your previous post. He didn't recruit, transport or force anyone. The most he could be accused of is paying for sex.

And you can't punish him for being friendly with someone else who committed a crime. Epstein was friendly with boatloads of wealthy and famous people. Does that mean all of them had sex with children? I obviously can't say Kraft or anyone else didn't engaged in illegal activity Epstein was involved with, but you cannot punish someone based on an unsubstantiated assumption.

I'm certainly not supportive of Kraft's actions, but you have to realistically realize there is a difference between someone being accused of sexual harassment or assault by 20-25 women, and someone that hasn't had a single woman issue a complaint or file a lawsuit.
Jeebus ...... Ok I get it ..... You think going to a sex slave operation where they kidnap and keep hostage of the girls is the same as him paying for a hooker on the street.

Got it ....... Kraft is innocent and should not have been punished by the league.

Good talk ..... Have a nice day.

jwitten82

Reaction score
No he shouldn't, and yes he is.
But in this case, he absolutely should act to increase the suspension. 6 games was a disrespectful joke. In an era where any abuse of women is being scrutinized so much, that judge flat out dropped the ball. IMHO, for waht he did and the amounts of offenses we're talking about, it should be an indefinite or life time suspension. But at least a bare minimum of 1 year should have been a no brainer.
The judge looked at the evidence, their job is not to cater to the publics feelings. What's the point of a justice system if feelings will override the facts?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I am still waiting on Robert Krafts suspension for doing exactly the same thing.

Ah, no Kraft went to massage parlors in strip malls, there is literally no pretense there of getting a real massage. Pretty sure the ladies that Watson contacted were actual massage therapists, not hookers...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not Cowboys news. Watson is a slimeball. Goodell has too much power. The NFL has rapidly gone down the pooper.

Moving on.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Ah, no Kraft went to massage parlors in strip malls, there is literally no pretense there of getting a real massage. Pretty sure the ladies that Watson contacted were actual massage therapists, not hookers...
Actually he went to forced sex slave massage parlors.
And had sex with girls who were being held captive in a foreign country.

Watson slapped some butts and gropped some women.

Both are bad ..... One is infinitely worse.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Not Cowboys news. Watson is a slimeball. Goodell has too much power. The NFL has rapidly gone down the pooper.

Moving on.

Yea but cowboys news from camp does not come out till after lunch ...... This is a way to pass the time while I watch my laser cut parts.

J-man

Reaction score
The judge looked at the evidence, their job is not to cater to the publics feelings. What's the point of a justice system if feelings will override the facts?

She ruled that the evidence did in fact implicate DW in all of these crimes. He did do exactly what they said he did. But she sentenced him along the lines of the NFL's previous suspensions for "non-violent" crimes. Blaming them for their weak rules. How is sexual assault non violent anyway?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The judge probably looked at Zeke's case, seeing that he also was never charged or convicted of a criminal act, and got a 6 game suspension.
Watson was also never charged or convicted of a crime.

Doesn't make it right, but that's the way she probably looked at it...

Proof

Reaction score
Actually he went to forced sex slave massage parlors.
And had sex with girls who were being held captive in a foreign country.

Watson slapped some butts and gropped some women.

Both are bad ..... One is infinitely worse.

lol. you're on a weird crusade. "slapped some butts and groped some women" kooky talk

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So is today the last day for the NFL to appeal the arbitrators decision?

Tomorrow.

I think the punishment gets raised to 10 games. Goodell will spin it as a compromise between the current 6 game suspension and full season suspension that the NFL argues was deserved.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
If anyone has ever dealt with a woman who has been assaulted would know that in NO WAY was this nonviolent. I deal with it everyday with my wife and it will affect these women FOREVER