Goodell expected to significantly increase Watson's suspension

starfan1

Reaction score
The judge looked at the evidence, their job is not to cater to the publics feelings. What's the point of a justice system if feelings will override the facts?
in todays world Im not sure about this statement but i digress. Perhaps in this case youre right

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Good.

He better.

Strangely, that would likely increase Watson's chances of playing week one.

His lawyer could request a restraining order, blocking any suspension until the matter can be decided in court.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score

His lawyer could request a restraining order, blocking any suspension until the matter can be decided in court.
Yea does DW want this in court tho making documents public?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
No he shouldn't, and yes he is.
But in this case, he absolutely should act to increase the suspension. 6 games was a disrespectful joke. In an era where any abuse of women is being scrutinized so much, that judge flat out dropped the ball. IMHO, for waht he did and the amounts of offenses we're talking about, it should be an indefinite or life time suspension. But at least a bare minimum of 1 year should have been a no brainer.
Do the owners vote on on this as to whether Goodell proceeds or not?Just curious how that works.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yea does DW want this in court tho making documents public?

Well, whatever is in them wasn't enough for an indictment. I'm wondering why the NFL would want this to be a lingering story throughout the season.

Could be a case where both sides are pushing to see who blinks first. Perhaps Goodell only adds a couple more games and Watson accepts it. We'll see.

J12B

Reaction score

I would imagine the Browns wouldn't play him if the backlash of his suspension is still going on. It would look really bad on their part. Plus it seemed like Watson and the Browns both expected not to play at all this season considering the structure of the contract.

jwitten82

Reaction score
She ruled that the evidence did in fact implicate DW in all of these crimes. He did do exactly what they said he did. But she sentenced him along the lines of the NFL's previous suspensions for "non-violent" crimes. Blaming them for their weak rules. How is sexual assault non violent anyway?
Two other courts in Texas threw out the charges for not enough evidence, so it wasn't just this judge

shabazz

Reaction score
They have tested the public outcry waters and found 6 games decidedly lacking.

He’s so handsome and woke.

He could easily slide into any top 500 corporation and not miss a beat…..they listen to the money, listen to the loudest group of people, and have zero morality.

but in his and other CEOs defense, they have an obligation to their boards to make sure the monetary bottom line is secure……..and the board members of these corporations are as big phony’s as he is. Virtue signal on one hand and grab the profits with the other.

Integrity isn’t profitable unless it’s forced on them.

shabazz

Reaction score
I want to be an arbitrator how much do they get paid?

all the arbitrators got a massage with happy endings. Let me be the first to endorse you as arbitrator.

I should caution you that one of the masseuses was a masseur that looked like Rockport so tred carefully or you’ll be dealing with a tree trunk grazing your side

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Do the owners vote on on this as to whether Goodell proceeds or not?Just curious how that works.

No vote, they have given Goodell power, which is smart, keeps them from having to be directly involved, you know whatever they did or however they voted some people would be unhappy. This way all they have to do is say "Well, it's not up to us"

That's why Goodell gets the big bucks...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeebus ...... Ok I get it ..... You think going to a sex slave operation where they kidnap and keep hostage of the girls is the same as him paying for a hooker on the street.

Got it ....... Kraft is innocent and should not have been punished by the league.

Good talk ..... Have a nice day.
Ahh, time to go for the old tactic of attacking the person rather than the facts.

I obviously never condoned Kraft's actions, but that's what you claim for the sake of fabricating an argument after your logic has failed.

Also for the sake of that argument you conveniently ignore that every single crime you lined out in your post was committed by someone other than Robert Kraft.

You and I don't have to like the fact Kraft paid for sexual favors, but there simply is no legal or logical way to claim Kraft recruited, transported and forced women to have sex to pay off a debt.

That's like saying if a guy
Watson never had any complaints before this either, never had any complaints until he wanted to no longer be part of the Texans franchise. Also, it's a lot easier for Kraft to make problems disappear considering he's worth billions and I'm sure has a lot of powerful connections.
Whether he had complaints "before this" is irrelevant. The NFL suspension has nothing to do with "before this" or actions he's not accused of.

The fact remains, he had accusations or harassment or assault by 20-25 women, and Kraft has had none. You can't pretend that's equates to the same thing.

As for Kraft making problems disappear, that may or may not be true, but how can the NFL consider that without so much as an accusation by a party in a position to know? Words by a poster on an internet forum just don't qualify. Besides, even if he did make something go away, it was the act of paying for sexual favors, not harassment or assault. There was never even a hint or rumor that Kraft forced, assaulted or harassed anyone. That isn't legal, but it isn't the same as 20-25 women accusing a person of harassment or assault

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
lol. you're on a weird crusade. "slapped some butts and groped some women" kooky talk

I am sorry .... I looked it up ..... He is accused of exposing himself on the massage table to 24 women and laying his hand on 3 of the ladies buttocks.

No gropping of any other part..... My bad.

Last edited:

Sheepherder

Reaction score
No vote, they have given Goodell power, which is smart, keeps them from having to be directly involved, you know whatever they did or however they voted some people would be unhappy. This way all they have to do is say "Well, it's not up to us"

That's why Goodell gets the big bucks...
Ok, behind closed doors, I bet Goodell does what the majority of owners want. Who knows.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Ahh, time to go for the old tactic of attacking the person rather than the facts

Not at all ....... There is just no point in continuing the discussion when you think paying for sex with sex slaves is not as bad as gropping women.

Have a nice day.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually he went to forced sex slave massage parlors.
And had sex with girls who were being held captive in a foreign country.

Watson slapped some butts and gropped some women.

Both are bad ..... One is infinitely worse.
Again, Kraft was not involved with forcing anyone into sex slavery. No matter how much you want to spin it that way, you can't legally or logically accuse a person who paid for a tug on a table with trafficking sex slaves. That would be like a person bashing a man's head in and stealing his watch, then blaming the person that bought the watch from him for beating the man's head in.

By the way, some of Watson's accusations are much worse than that, including a couple of claims of forcing women to perform oral sex.

Proof

Reaction score
I am sorry .... I looked it up ..... He is accused of exposing himself on the massage table to 24 women and laying his hand on 3 of the ladies buttocks.

No gropping of any other part..... My bad.

again. super weird. did you skip over the parts about forced bj's etc? lol. you got it though my guy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all ....... There is just no point in continuing the discussion when you think paying for sex with sex slaves is not as bad as gropping women.

Have a nice day.
lol - there you go again. Can't make a fact based argument, so you abandon the facts and just make up something to go after the person.