Goodell expected to significantly increase Watson's suspension

jwitten82

Reaction score
Ahh, time to go for the old tactic of attacking the person rather than the facts.

I obviously never condoned Kraft's actions, but that's what you claim for the sake of fabricating an argument after your logic has failed.

Also for the sake of that argument you conveniently ignore that every single crime you lined out in your post was committed by someone other than Robert Kraft.

You and I don't have to like the fact Kraft paid for sexual favors, but there simply is no legal or logical way to claim Kraft recruited, transported and forced women to have sex to pay off a debt.

That's like saying if a guy

Whether he had complaints "before this" is irrelevant. The NFL suspension has nothing to do with "before this" or actions he's not accused of.

The fact remains, he had accusations or harassment or assault by 20-25 women, and Kraft has had none. You can't pretend that's equates to the same thing.

As for Kraft making problems disappear, that may or may not be true, but how can the NFL consider that without so much as an accusation by a party in a position to know? Words by a poster on an internet forum just don't qualify. Besides, even if he did make something go away, it was the act of paying for sexual favors, not harassment or assault. There was never even a hint or rumor that Kraft forced, assaulted or harassed anyone. That isn't legal, but it isn't the same as 20-25 women accusing a person of harassment or assault
Those women accused him, accusations don't make you guilty. Matter of fact two grand juries in Texas declined to press criminal charges for lack of evidence

Creeper

Reaction score
If I was in Goodell's shoes I would suspend Watson indefinitely pending the outcome of the civil trials. If Watson loses his civil trials it is not exactly the same as a criminal conviction but to the public it will be close - and 6 games will seem very light.

The judge who recommended 6 games gave Watson the baseline punishment of 6 games even though his behavior may be the most egregious non-violent behavior of any player before him.

Going back to Zeke's case where he was suspended 6 games, it was 1 woman whom the lead investigator did not believe. In Watson's case there are 6 women telling the same story.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
lol - there you go again. Can't make a fact based argument, so you abandon the facts and just make up something to go after the person.

I am not attacking you ..... You made it clear you think what Watson is accused of doing is worse than Kraft
How am I misinterpreting what you are saying?

I have tried ending this argument and you keep quoting me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not attacking you ..... You made it clear you think what Watson is accused of doing is worse than Kraft
How am I misinterpreting what you are saying?

I have tried ending this argument and you keep quoting me.
I didn't say it was okay to solicit sex at a sex slave shop - that's your nonsensical spin. I said Kraft paid for sex, but was not accused of assault or forcing anyone to do anything, and he did not traffic the girls no matter how much you want to make it out as if that was his role.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those women accused him, accusations don't make you guilty. Matter of fact two grand juries in Texas declined to press criminal charges for lack of evidence
I didn't say he was guilty, I said his accusations were not the same as Kraft

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I didn't say it was okay to solicit sex at a sex slave shop - that's your nonsensical spin. I said Kraft paid for sex, but was not accused of assault or forcing anyone to do anything, and he did not traffic the girls no matter how much you want to make it out as if that was his role.

Ok ...... Watson is much worse that Kraft ...... I get it ...... I understand you opinion ...... Have a nice day.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It was a massage joke.

Damnit ....... The one time my mind was not in the gutter.

Sorry for jerking your chain.
smug-afroamerican-man-pointing-finger-260nw-1436562959.jpg

Reactions: G2

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If I was in Goodell's shoes I would suspend Watson indefinitely pending the outcome of the civil trials. If Watson loses his civil trials it is not exactly the same as a criminal conviction but to the public it will be close - and 6 games will seem very light.

The judge who recommended 6 games gave Watson the baseline punishment of 6 games even though his behavior may be the most egregious non-violent behavior of any player before him.

Going back to Zeke's case where he was suspended 6 games, it was 1 woman whom the lead investigator did not believe. In Watson's case there are 6 women telling the same story.
Watson has settled all but one of the suits. I bet the last one is settled before tomorrow because the women’s lawyer has a press conference scheduled.:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

J-man

Reaction score
Two other courts in Texas threw out the charges for not enough evidence, so it wasn't just this judge
They threw out the criminal charges, sighting not enough evidence to prosecute. Meaning it was 50/50 if they would get a conviction and they wouldn't spend the $ trying.

She said in her 16 page public statement that the NFL proved he committed sexual assault as defined by the NFL and it's policies.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
My bad - I did not know the details.

No prob man ...... That's one of the problems ...... The more you look into the cases involving the NFL Mafia owners the worse it gets ....... That's why I am shocked at how they can so easily turn the fans against players by screaming "salary cap" ...... When they are the ones who created it.
Bunch of crooks and thieves who punish players for minor stuff compared to what they get away with on a daily basis.

jwitten82

Reaction score
They threw out the criminal charges, sighting not enough evidence to prosecute. Meaning it was 50/50 if they would get a conviction and they wouldn't spend the $ trying.

She said in her 16 page public statement that the NFL proved he committed sexual assault as defined by the NFL and it's policies.
Well I think the NFL needs to release their definition of sexual assault. Why should his penalty be increased if the judge who looked at said 6 games was enough? Just because the public is crying?