Google Ads Announcement

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As some of you have noticed, I have increased the number of Google ads on thread pages to show three ads. If you are a Zone Supporter you will not see any ads.

I would like to ask everyone to understand that running a site with as much traffic as CowboysZone receives can be quite expensive. I do not skimp when it comes to servers and high quality bandwidth because having a good site means nothing if the site is unreliable or even worse, slow.

While there have been many users who have donated (thank you very much by the way!), donations are sporadic and rarely cover the monthly costs, especially throughout the off-season.

In the near future I am planning to upgrade the CowboysZone servers so the site should get even faster and I am also hoping to add more features to the site. That is why I finally decided to increase the number of ads on the site.

I am not a big fan of advertising at all (ask Winicki) but to me, the Google ads are the least annoying ads on the internet.

That is why I ask that if you are unable to donate, please do not block the ads on the site. It is very easy to detect who is blocking ads and if enough users block them, it will leave me very little choice but to resort to other methods of advertising that cannot be blocked which will most likely be more annoying than Google ads.

I greatly appreciate the donations that many of you have made and I also understand that not everyone can or even wants to donate. All I ask is that you not block the ads or encourage other users to block ads as a show of appreciation for the CowboysZone site.

Thanks!

-Reality

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Can you advertise some, uh, well, you know, that, um ...things for the real men on this site! :eek:

:)

(please don't)...

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;1628658 said:
Can you advertise some, uh, well, you know, that, um ...things for the real men on this site! :eek:

:)

(please don't)...
You mean prostate reduction? :D :D

-Reality

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Reality;1628663 said:
You mean prostate reduction? :D :D

-Reality

That's funny, but not really funny...more men need to make sure that is checked!

No, I was talking more about, you know, uh, you know? The fine stuff! Women need to be involved!!

:laugh2:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
5Stars;1628669 said:
That's funny, but not really funny...more men need to make sure that is checked!

No, I was talking more about, you know, uh, you know? The fine stuff! Women need to be involved!!

:laugh2:

Yes please, I'm having a hard time finding this kind of stuff on the internet also. Thanks!

In all seriousness, I just whitelisted the whole site, no more adblock. Hope others do too.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
As soon as I sover up, I am going to cancel my scout subscription (dunno why I havent yet other than laziness) and donate to this site!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Vintage;1628745 said:
As soon as I sover up, I am going to cancel my scout subscription (dunno why I havent yet other than laziness) and donate to this site!

I hope you SOBER up soon also :D

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
as long as it doesn't flash or isn't gross (which seems to be the norm these days), I'm good.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
why do people who donate not have to see the ads?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
lane;1628973 said:
why do people who donate not have to see the ads?

well, it's because the ads are a way to earn money to be able to keep the site up and running.

Those who have donated have already made their contribution, it would make it unfair for them to also handle the ads.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1628974 said:
well, it's because the ads are a way to earn money to be able to keep the site up and running.

Those who have donated have already made their contribution, it would make it unfair for them to also handle the ads.

if the ads keep the site up and running, what's the need for donations?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
lane;1628976 said:

because the site requires monthly payments. Donations are sporadic, and do not come in the same amount every month. the ads are a way of getting closer to a consistent amount of money.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dargonking999;1628980 said:
because the site requires monthly payments. Donations are sporadic, and do not come in the same amount every month. the ads are a way of getting closer to a consistent amount of money.

who bills the owner of a web site?

the phone company?

microsoft?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
lane;1628976 said:

Any donations received do not even begin to cover costs for bandwith...

Reality absorbs the lions share of the costs every month... as he has for over two years...

I see some of you want to get into a pissing match over God knows what...

This is a free site... and will remain so...

Just appreciate the fact that Reality is willing to fund this site...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
lane;1628988 said:

the phone company?

microsoft?

You obviously have never ran a website before.

So this is like talking to a brick wall.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lane;1628988 said:

the phone company?

microsoft?

Any site needs to either own or pay for a server to host the site. Most people pay a place to host their site as they have systems set in place for power outages and other scenarios. So that would be one bill.

Also any site that has a large number of hits a day will have a great deal of bandwidth to deal with and normally host sites will give you a limit of bandwidth included in their hosting fee but will charge you so much after it goes past that set amount.

So..you get a web site on a top level host site and you have a web site that has a great deal of hits per day, you will be paying some money to keep it up and running.

This does not even include buying the software to set up the site and continuing to pay a yearly fee so you can keep getting updates to the software.

Those are just a few things you have to pay for off the top of my head.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;1628991 said:
Any donations received do not even begin to cover costs for bandwith...

Reality absorbs the lions share of the costs every month... as he has for over two years...

I see some of you want to get into a pissing match over God knows what...

This is a free site... and will remain so...

Just appreciate the fact that Reality is willing to fund this site...

by no means was I trying to start a pissing match. sorry if it came out that way.

it's just amazing that Reality was/is paying for this great site out of his pocket. thanks.