Got my flights for opening weekend

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reid1boys, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,834 Messages
    3,393 Likes Received
    show up every year. Its quite fun.

With the number of games we attend, I try to keep costs down.... a room at the Gaylord is quite pricey. Ive also been to so many games that I stay away from all the places that book you game day experiences. We have friends that we tailgate with at every game we go to. People from all over the states and even Canada show up. Its quite fun.

Wife worked in Nashville for a few months. I made it out for a weekend and that place was great fun..... I wasnt there for a game, but agree, a game in Nashville would be great. We even contemplated going for the draft. That would have been miserable though. Did you see the number of people that went to the draft in Nashville?

We use Cowboys games as an excuse to travel to new cities. It is our vacations wrapped around an nfl weekend. Nothing better for me:)

fivetwos and starfan1 like this.
  2. Forneymike

Forneymike Member

37 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I'm going to ask a dumb question. How do you know which weekend the opener is on since the schedule has not come out? What if they open on the road?

3. Reid1boys

3,834 Messages
    3,393 Likes Received
    I booked flights using points on southwest for week 1 and week 2 into Dallas. Using Southwest allows me to cancel the weekend I dont need and I get all my points back. So Ive covered week 1 and 2, assuming the dont open on the road for weeks 1 and 2, which is highly unlikely.

Oh, if they happen to open on Monday night, Ill have to rebook.

dogberry and Forneymike like this.
  4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    Its 6 months away

5. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

12,826 Messages
    7,767 Likes Received
    It’s nice it’s a family tradition. I see the Cowboys every time they come to New England. I used to travel to New York to Watch . It’s hard to find someone to go with

Jake, dogberry and Melonfeud like this.
  6. Reid1boys

3,834 Messages
    3,393 Likes Received
    I know how far it is... prices on flights go up and down. I got it for about 9500 points. It could drop as low as 7500 points. Now I watch and see what happens. If prices do not drop, then I got the best price available. IM cheap, so I can do as many as possible. Waiting the way Southwest does it with points makes no sense.

7. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

26,708 Messages
    22,982 Likes Received
    Enjoy!

8. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

12,009 Messages
    19,163 Likes Received
    Sounds cool. I'll be watching from the best known location.....home.

Jake likes this.
  9. Cowboys=SuperBowl

Cowboys=SuperBowl Well-Known Member

324 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    This is a genius way to approach this! I am a new season ticket holder and will be going to opening weekend every tear now, ALWAYS at Thanksgiving. It’s a tradition! I live in Colorado, so I will be going to KC this year as well. Also, I am a SW Credit card holder and fly them everywhere possible. We have a few hundred thousand miles waiting for the season! Got my wife a SW cc for an amazing deal of 80,000 to sign up.

Melonfeud and Reid1boys like this.
  10. Reid1boys

3,834 Messages
    3,393 Likes Received
    The more games we go to, the better I get at doing things in a way that is really convenient and saves us money. The hotel is the best one. That hotel is right across from the stadium and about 100 yards from the parking lot we tailgate at. Sometimes is faster to walk to my room to use the restroom than waiting for the port-a-potty in the parking lot.

dogberry and Cowboys=SuperBowl like this.
  11. Shunpike

Shunpike Well-Known Member

1,990 Messages
    2,792 Likes Received
    Enjoy it with your family man. Here is a little twist for you. I am a Giants fan, I have 2 sons. Older one is a Cowboys fan the other is a Giants fan.

I ended up flying to Dallas twice and take my son to Cowboys game as a Giants fan.

Spending money for Cowboys when you are a Cowboys fan is easy. Come do it when you are a Giants fan :)

@Ranching @daboyzruleperiod @Melonfeud

Be my witness if this gentleman doesn't trust me :)

12. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

4,523 Messages
    3,918 Likes Received
    Certainly most economical

13. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

29,142 Messages
    76,242 Likes Received
    Got your back, bro!

14. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,983 Messages
    33,162 Likes Received
    *Yeah, the turnpike Traveller SHUNNY is exactly what he sez' "living the dream in a parallel universe",,, great,now I'm thinking I wanna rock on some Chili Pepper's tune's:star:

Ranching and Shunpike like this.
  15. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.

21,983 Messages
    33,162 Likes Received
    *I almost got to see our boys play live , but you might say "I was a day early & a few dollars short" as a couple dudes& me tooled over to catch a Saturday St Louis Cardinals baseball game & Dallas was gonna play there on Sunday, my pards caught me negotiating price for services rendered w/ a tall gorgeous blond hooker out on an entrance breezeway to stadium ( she was reconnoitering her best score/kill zones for that upcoming 'event') o_O

16. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

16,150 Messages
    11,649 Likes Received
    What if they're on the road week 1 and week 2?

17. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

9,493 Messages
    9,044 Likes Received
    Hopefully there is still time to change you other son from going to the Dark side. I have faith you can change him.

Shunpike likes this.
  18. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

16,271 Messages
    55,601 Likes Received
    Doing life right honestly. Hope you and your family have a great weekend. Sounds fun.

19. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

29,587 Messages
    11,887 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

20. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

13,720 Messages
    19,823 Likes Received
    Some Cowboys fans think you aren’t a real fan if you line Jerry’s pockets. Anything less than a boycott and you are a traitor.