Gotta Do This...Who Does Tyson Thompson Remind You Of ?...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
...you know Parcells is big on that sort of thing, so I think about it when I see a new player play for the first time.

I hate to say this because I know the reaction I'll get, but he looked like a very fast version of Hambrick to me. Not comparing him as a player just the way he looked in his uniform.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
...you know Parcells is big on that sort of thing, so I think about it when I see a new player play for the first time.

I hate to say this because I know the reaction I'll get, but he looked like a very fast version of Hambrick to me. Not comparing him as a player just the way he looked in his uniform.

He reminds me of Tyson Thompson and he looked very good out there. Guy has some very good speed and is a pretty good size RB. I think he helped himself quite a bit in his bid to make the team

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Untill he proves him self.

I guess someone like a Cason.

Woods

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

Now I've lost my appetite . . . .

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Oh what the heck. Given the combination of size and speed, I'll go with Dickerson.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rush 2112 said:
Hoopla and resume reminds me of Reshard Lee.

When I typed cason afterwards I too thought of Lee.

Using those examples was not a comparison about Size, speed or styles and it seems you are on the same idea that I am.

It is more of a guy that seems to do well when given a chance but may not be anything more then a guy who gets a few handoffs a game at most.

Now I am not saying that is what will happen...I am just saying every year or so there is always a standout RB that was basically a low round or undrafted back that impresses in camp and preseason but normally just does not cut it once the season starts for whatever reason.

I really hope this kid can do something and be a spark...but years of these types of RBs or WRs has jaded me a tad.

Time will tell.

One other name came to mind. RB M Wiley we drafted out of Ohio State with the idea of making him a part time WR.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
He has the size/speed of Bo Jackson. He has not yet demonstrated any ability at 1.inside running 2.pass recieving, 3.pass blocking and 4.patience behind his blockers.

Let's wait and see, all those skill are necessary to be more than a "change of pace"

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Obviously, he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet... and may never. But strictly talking about size/speed/running style, Eric Dickerson comes immediately to mind.

We know nothing of his running instincts, toughness, vision, etc., so he may or may not pan out... but his style sure looks like E.D.

goshan

Reaction score
Aveon Cason.
Good straight ahead speed.
Little wiggle or power.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Oh what the heck. Given the combination of size and speed, I'll go with Dickerson.

I was thinking the same thing. He runs upright like Dickerson also. I want to see Thompson run behind a solid O-line and see if he can hit the holes like Dickerson could.

I like the kid so far, with 25% being his onfield performance, 25% being his work ethic (many have said that he has been one of the hardest workers in camp) and 50% being his attitude. In the post game interview, he chose to comment on the things he did wrong and needs to improve upon rather than mention the things he did right. He seemed hard on his mistakes and has the attitude that he will correct them. He also said that he knows he has to make an impact as a special teamer if he hopes to make the team.

I think he has a very good chance of earning a roster spot if he a) doesn't put the ball on the ground for the rest of the pre-season b) proves he can play football WITHOUT the ball in his hands c)prove himself as a solid special teamer.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

A young Richie Anderson with more speed.

rw54

Reaction score
Physically and how he runs - Duece McCalister, New Orleans Saints. I don't think he is that good. But he could play him effectively in a TV movie.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Way too much homerism and hoopla over this kid.

Stop the madness!

Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Richie Anderson?

8 fumbles in one year at San Jose State?

Great straight line speed and that's it.

Hopefully he can learn to KR but he only has 4 of those in his one year NCAA career. Hence, he brings the ball out from 5 yards deep in the end zone twice on Saturday.

I'm setting the over/under at 20 touches on offense all year for this kid barring injuries at RB position.

I'll take the under.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
He has the size/speed of Bo Jackson. He has not yet demonstrated any ability at 1.inside running 2.pass recieving, 3.pass blocking and 4.patience behind his blockers.

Let's wait and see, all those skill are necessary to be more than a "change of pace"

I don't see this at all. Bo Jackson was 6-1 230 with world class speed. I don't see Bo in this kids size or running style.

Who ever said Wiley, I think that was a good comparison but I think Thompson is bigger.

I don't think he's Dickerson either. I think Dickerson was a bit stronger and faster as well. Seems like Dickerson was probably 6-3 or so. He probably went 230 as well. His stiff arm was tremendous.

Thompson does run a bit upright thou. If I had to pick one guy right now, it would probably be Tatum Bell. Bell runs upright and straight ahead.

Haven't seen enough of him to say for sure but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Thompson.