Gotta love Dak, but seriously

raichledog

Reaction score
How does anyone not absolutely love what this kid has done for this football team? He has rescued the season from what most thought was an assured disaster after Romo went down in the preseason and has led us to the best record in the NFL (along with the Pats). He has proven (in my opinion) that he is the future of this organization and has given the fans hope that was missing

BUT, anyone who watches this team without an agenda can see the truth. This team would be even better and more dynamic with Tony Romo under center, and has a better chance at a deep playoff run than it does with Dak. This is taking absolutely nothing away from Dak, it is just reality. A guy in Romo who has so much more experience and refinement can open things up in ways that are not possible for Dak right now. Dak will be great, I really believe this, but right now, he is just good. He is doing some really good things but he has fallen into a perfect situation and this offense is so strong that he doesn't have to be great to win. But imagine the 2014 version of Tony Romo at the helm. Last nights game would've been a laugher instead of a nail biter.

Is Tony today the same guy that he was in 2014? I don't know but there is only one way to find out and that's for him to play. Dak, in my opinion, would actually benefit from Romo playing. Look at Aaron Rogers. He learned under Favre for 3 years before playing and became a hall of fame caliber quarterback. Dak learning under Romo would only help him, not hurt him.

Great article detailing some of this if you're interested:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...o-dak-prescott-eagles-quarterback-film-110116

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Nah, dynamic QBs can stay on the field, but if they play Romo, whatever. Romo is very likely more valuable as a backup.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I disagree. This team is playing hard for Dak. They seem more motivated and right now the is something special going on....you don't mess with that. If it's not broke don't fix it. Romo could be terrible or 1 hit from being done. No rush to bring Romo back right away. Roll with the Dak train

raichledog

Reaction score
I disagree. This team is playing hard for Dak. They seem more motivated and right now the is something special going on....you don't mess with that. If it's not broke don't fix it. Romo could be terrible or 1 hit from being done. No rush to bring Romo back right away. Roll with the Dak train

Did this team play hard under Romo in 2014? Did they play hard last year despite going 4-12? This team plays hard regardless. Fact is, Tony Romo is a better quarterback than Dak and gives this team dimensions that Dak can not yet. Not taking anything away from Dak, just stating what is obvious.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
We have a very good run blocking O-line.

We do not have a very good pass blocking o-line...Dak can use his youthful legs to get away from the pressure and if need be take off running.

Romo will get killed...he can no longer use his houdini skills...age and injury catches up with everyone.

I feel sad for Tony because Jerry took too long to address the o-line.

Proximo

Reaction score
At this point it looks like Dak isn't coming out of the lineup, so this is starting to look more and more like a dead horse (not that it wasn't already).

And all of this talk about how the team would most definitely be better with Romo at the helm is really just pure speculation. There's this assumption that if/when he steps onto the field it'll automatically be the best version (2014) of Romo that we get...which I think is less and less plausible with each week that passes. This is a guy who has played very little NFL football in the last 14 months. And Father Time gets us all eventually.

I guess my point is, the longer he's out, the less likely it is that he takes back the starter job (assuming Dak stays healthy). Couple that with Jerry's recent comments, and I don't think it's that hard to do the math.

raichledog

Reaction score
We have a very good run blocking O-line.

We do not have a very good pass blocking o-line....

Last I looked we still had the top rated pass blocking line in the NFL. Philly blitzed like crazy because they weren't afraid of Dak beating them consistently. They dared him to beat them and he had an awful game. That's just the reality of Sunday night.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Did this team play hard under Romo in 2014? Did they play hard last year despite going 4-12? This team plays hard regardless. Fact is, Tony Romo is a better quarterback than Dak and gives this team dimensions that Dak can not yet. Not taking anything away from Dak, just stating what is obvious.
We have no idea if Romo can play. Why rush it? Not only that we are 6-1....why make a change. Romo didn't look good at all last year and Dak can do things Romo can't....so what's your point

raichledog

Reaction score
We have no idea if Romo can play. Why rush it? Not only that we are 6-1....why make a change. Romo didn't look good at all last year and Dak can do things Romo can't....so what's your point

Romo was 3-1 as a starter with his only loss the Thanksgiving game against the team that would represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

I'm not bagging on Dak, I love the kid and am excited for the future of this organization under him. He just isn't as good at playing the position as Romo right now.

fishspill

Reaction score
Maybe. If you can guarantee me I'd get maximum Romo then I'd take Romo. If you can't guarantee health or effectiveness then I'd be disposed to just get into move-on mode and develop Dak. I've seen Romo play at the low level Dak did in the last couple of games so I'm not in panic mode just yet.

Animosity

Reaction score
Big Ben, who is a better QB than Romo, looked like a rookie against the Eagles defense. And delusional Romo homers expect Romo to have done better? He would have left that game on a stretcher. There arent many defenses in the league better than the Eagles and Dak put up 30 points against them.

raichledog

Reaction score
Big Ben, who is a better QB than Romo, looked like a rookie against the Eagles defense. And delusional Romo homers expect Romo to have done better? He would have left that game on a stretcher. There arent many defenses in the league better than the Eagles and Dak put up 30 points against them.

The Eagles do have a good defense, I agree. They put Dak in some tough positions and he responded poorly for the majority of the game. On top of the one interception they dropped 3 other gift wrapped int opportunities on poor decisions, and I'm not including the throw to Dez that hit the defender in the back.

Why do so many people act like it is blasphemous to say he had a horrible game? He was awful Sunday night. He has been very good but Sunday night he was very bad. He is the future of this franchise (along with Zeek) but the present would be better with Romo.

Gabe

Reaction score
The Eagles do have a good defense, I agree. They put Dak in some tough positions and he responded poorly for the majority of the game. On top of the one interception they dropped 3 other gift wrapped int opportunities on poor decisions, and I'm not including the throw to Dez that hit the defender in the back.

Why do so many people act like it is blasphemous to say he had a horrible game? He was awful Sunday night. He has been very good but Sunday night he was very bad. He is the future of this franchise (along with Zeek) but the present would be better with Romo.
So what you expect him to play perfect every game every moment or he should be benched? How many bad games has Romo had over his career?

raichledog

Reaction score
So what you expect him to play perfect every game every moment or he should be benched? How many bad games has Romo had over his career?

Huh? Saying that a pro-bowl qb should be starting over a rookie is not bagging on the rookie. I don't "expect" Dak to play perfect, I expect him to play like he is human. Me saying Romo is a better player is not bagging on Dak. Do you really not get that?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Romo was 3-1 as a starter with his only loss the Thanksgiving game against the team that would represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

I'm not bagging on Dak, I love the kid and am excited for the future of this organization under him. He just isn't as good at playing the position as Romo right now.
Romo had more interceptions then TDs last year. We have no idea what he can do right now......right now he isn't healthy enough to play

raichledog

Reaction score
Romo had more interceptions then TDs last year. We have no idea what he can do right now......right now he isn't healthy enough to play

I agree, my point is that when he is he should be the starter. That's not an indictment on Dak so please don't go there. I'm just saying that a player of Romo's caliber should be given the chance to keep his job after injury. I believe he is a better thrower of the ball and better at the quarterback position now.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree, my point is that when he is he should be the starter. That's not an indictment on Dak so please don't go there. I'm just saying that a player of Romo's caliber should be given the chance to keep his job after injury. I believe he is a better thrower of the ball and better at the quarterback position now.
I don't believe that. Romo can't throw those bombs that Dak threw and I'm sorry just because you are injuried doesn't mean you just get your job back. If this was last year then yes Romo would start right away but we are 6-1 and have the best record in the league (NE 7-1). I'm not checking or messing with the roster right now with it on a 6 have win streak. That's why the professional coaches aren't putting Romo in and taking Dak out

raichledog

Reaction score
I don't believe that. Romo can't throw those bombs that Dak threw and I'm sorry just because you are injuried doesn't mean you just get your job back. If this was last year then yes Romo would start right away but we are 6-1 and have the best record in the league (NE 7-1). I'm not checking or messing with the roster right now with it on a 6 have win streak. That's why the professional coaches aren't putting Romo in and taking Dak out

The bombs that Dak threw? You mean the 50 harder? You are saying that Romo can't throw the ball 50 yards? I disagree.

You aren't messing with the roster? Are you a coach? The Cowboys may or may not, and they can't go wrong either way. My opinion is that a healthy Romo is a better player than Dak. That isn't a knock on Dak.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Romo can't throw a bomb? Okay... :rolleyes: