Grade Andy Dalton game Sunday

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Still not seeing what I thought I'd see but he was serviceable. So I'm thinking a C

Just curious what some other fans think of his Sunday's game.....

Side note: I'm not convinced Gilbert would not have also this game. Something about him that gives me more confidence that Dalton......maybe moxie.

cowboygo

Reaction score
B

4th and 6, changes the play at the line and goes to Amari for the 1st down at the 2 minute warning. That play alone raises his grade from a C to a B.

He managed the game well. Yes he kept the ball too long some times, and could've had 3 interceptions. He also played within the scheme and didn't try to do too much. Executing a gameplan and having a game winning drive = B in my book.

Slick

Reaction score
It was what he was signed for......filling in for Dak. I had much higher hopes for him, but I'd have brought in Gilbert early.

Dak is good, not $39M good.......Dalton won't be here next year. Gilbert needs a better look to at least if he'll be a solid backup....or can show more of what he did with this current healthier somewhat better team.

I think his mobility would have greatly helped in a few cases.

I think the play calling still needs help. Enough of the screen passes already.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I'd probably go a B-.

Threw a bad pick near the red zone, and another on the final drive that should have been picked, and missed a wide-open target on a key third down. Other than those three miscues, he was on-target and efficient throughout.

The key will be the offensive line continuing to provide enough time as they did yesterday. Kicking Martin out to RT seemed to make a significant impact.

Frozen700

Reaction score
He gets an A+

Meanwhile.....

Dak is angry and breaking **** at his house as Dalton is exceeding and proving we don't need him.

He probably couldn't even sleep

:lmao:

#DontpayDak

Mookie

Reaction score
Good, not great.

6.5/10

In the first half the team left potentially 14 points on the board. The Gallup drop was huge and the missed 4th and 2 conversion. Those were key plays and we could have gotten points on that drive.

The other possession was an INT on a throw that was intended for Schultz, but was behind. This was inside the Vikings 20. Another key moment with points lost.

The TD to Lamb was a bad throw on a spectacular catch, good save by the receiver.

And the game was almost thrown away on an INT dropped by a Vikings defender, plus there was another dangerous throw in the second half.

Dalton could have had a 9/10 day, but ultimately gets the win, therefore he gets a passing grade of 6. Thursday will be his most important game yet.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He gets an A+

Meanwhile.....

Dak is angry and breaking **** at his house as Dalton is exceeding and proving we don't need him.

#DontpayDak

Luke 6:35 says "for the mouth speaks out of the abundance of the heart". It's true, people love talking about things they hold dear.

For how much you talk about Dak, he must have a special place in your heart <3❤️

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Still not seeing what I thought I'd see but he was serviceable. So I'm thinking a C

Side note: I'm not convinced Gilbert would not have also this game. Something about him that gives me more confidence that Dalton......maybe moxie.
B-, or c+.....that was one of the best games of his career ever....

calicowboy54

Reaction score

if a C is average, i'd go a little above a average with C+ to B-, he made some throws. Missed some throws. i think for his 1st game action back after that brutal hit he did fine. i think more time he gets learning WR / TE and how to jell with them the better he will be.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he started a little shaky which i guess is to be expected given his last outing & subsequent covid. otherwise i thought he played quite well. the ball was generally on time, on target & gave the receiver a chance to catch in stride. I would probably give him a B+ but getting the come from behind win for what has been a malfunctioning team has to elevate the grade. A

P.S. - (Michael G's drops were on me. I texted him to sabotage the game but Andy overcame my ploy)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He gets an A+

Meanwhile.....

#DontpayDak

Guaranteed Prescott rooted for the Vikings. That's how he rolls. You saw it with his brother ripping this franchise because they didn't give in to his contract demands.

These aren't good people.

bigE79

Reaction score

We won on the road and beat a decent team,I give him an A just for those reasons alone.