Grade the Amari Cooper trade

What grade would you give the Amari Cooper trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carson

Reaction score
Hurts because Gallup will be gone also. But that was a lot of money
Pretty certain he will be back.

You don’t lose Cooper, Wilson, Turner and not have a plan. I’m sure the contingency on trading Cooper was Wilson or Gallup will return

Big_D

Reaction score
The league determined the contract we gave him was over paying? More bragging rights for our front office!

Way overpaying and no one besides Cleveland was willing to do it. Not absolving the front office, they're morons. The trade, then the contract on top of the Zeke contract and the Lawrence contract. A year and a half rookie salary on a 1st round pick? Just absolutely ridiculous. If this team is to ever be competing for championships, then they better learn to let players walk and certainly not make stupidazz Jerry like trades.. Specially when you pretty much suck in multiple areas. That one thing isn't going to make up for it.

Big_D

Reaction score
So true but, the whiners on this board think the cap is inflatable without consequences.

They were way off thinking teams were just going to line up and throw their high draft picks at Jerry AND take on the ridiculous contract.

Ken

Reaction score
I don't think most said Parsons was a bad pick lol.

Signing Zeke also wasn't about his talent it was about that amount of money going to the RB position..and i think most would agree we shouldn't have spent that much.

Coop is an elite player. There's no doubt about that. Inconsistent at times sure.
-I mean it is hard to prove now bc this site is difficult to search but the sentiment, even from people like broadus, was that they should have taken the Tackle. Most were of this mindset and all i said was we took an uber talented and the best in the draft front 7 player, perhaps our biggest area of need.

Everyone wanted Zeke...i never wanted him going back to when we drafted him. I wanted him to have to come crawling back and then i said to franchise him the next year and then let him walk bc he would be mostly done at that point. No one was saying this...

My main point with these... let's at least wait and see the whole offseason before we overeact to moves before anything really happens.

kskboys

Reaction score

Signing Zeke also wasn't about his talent it was about that amount of money going to the RB position..and i think most would agree we shouldn't have spent that much.

Coop is an elite player. There's no doubt about that. Inconsistent at times sure.
Yup. There were a few, but very few, and mostly people who had their hearts set on a certain player. Parsons was a great pick and a no brainer. He had top 5 talent.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I gave a C, since none of the other teams were willing to absorb a 20 million dollar hit.

Yes, the team took a beating on the picks, though. Blame it all on an inept front office.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score

And when someone makes an entire post tooting their own horn, they sure look pathetic.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry said by his actions, if you're not tooting the baby dak horn, you're going bye-bye.

slick325

Reaction score
They Jones boys are complete clowns. I give them an "A" simply because the idiots actually got something for Cooper, after the slander campaign and leaking they planned to release him before March 20th. At least the clowns put him in the AFC.

The grade is absolutely based on surprise that such an incompetent GM and VP actually got anything from them. Trophies for participating Jones boys!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
A savvy front office doesn't leak to the media that Cooper is a likely cap casualty in January, so when it's time to explore a trade in March you are more likely to fetch a reasonable draft pick. But savvy and Jerry/Stephen don't mix....
That's JJ's MO! I'm going to attack you, but first I need to tell you how the attack is going to be carried out....................

kskboys

Reaction score
Sooo, why did Jerry spew before putting him on the block? Simple. W/ Jerry, it's all about the fans. It was more important to make the fans dislike Coop so he could look good(in his eyes) than to get high draft picks for Coop.

This is why Jerry is such a bad GM.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a solid F and if there was a lower grade, it would be given for this trade. We cannot ignore Jerry gave up a first round pick for Cooper. We also cannot ignore that blaming Cooper for the offensive woes is misplaced blame.

Further, Jerry is the one who overpaid Cooper in the first place. Now he is forced to let him go for peanuts because he overpaid several of his players and someone has to go to right Jerry's wrong.

I have no problem getting Cooper off the team. He has a history of disappearing half the games he plays. He is not a "winner". He is not a leader on the field. I know why "Chuckie" Gruden put him on the trading block and it is the same reason Dallas has traded him now. But there is no way around Jerry giving up a 1st round pick for Cooper then getting a 5 back. Jerry diminished Cooper's trade value with his post-playoff commentary.

The worst part of this trade is Jerry seems to be blaming Cooper for the performance of the offense and Cooper was only a small part of it.

CoachD

Reaction score
Good player, good teammate, however, the guy disappears on the road as for the trade I give it a D/D-

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You traded away the best player on your team since 2018 for half of a 5th round pick.

Xeven

Reaction score
I feel great for Amari, most old cowboys with Super Bowl rings got it on another team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let the front office know what you think of the trade. Keep in mind the salary cleared off the books.

Browns - Amari Cooper, 6th round pick swap

Cowboys - 5th, 6th round pick swap (9 spots higher), 16 million in cap relief
D - We didn't get an immediate starter but we shed some cap space.
Not to mention that Amari and Dak were not going to be having beers and brats anytime soon.
- Edited - Jerry sabotaged their ability to get more.

Last edited:

8FOR!3

Reaction score
F. Cap space this cap space that but the team is that much less talented than when they failed the year before.